ADVERTISEMENT

NPR should be shut down

Let me guess, because youre uninformed and it has the word public and national in the name, you think NPR is a government entity that can simply be defunded and closed.

You would be a basic idiot like the president. NPR gets $0 dollars from the federal government except when it is competing for grants to provide coverage to rural areas. In total, 2% of NPRs revenue is from these grants.

So how does NPR, a non-governmental media entity need to be shut down over places which offer Chud News that is littered with false information? I guess the next mistake that fox news makes we should just call for their total shutdown?

What a goober.

Let me guess, because youre uninformed and it has the word public and national in the name, you think NPR is a government entity that can simply be defunded and closed.

You would be a basic idiot like the president. NPR gets $0 dollars from the federal government except when it is competing for grants to provide coverage to rural areas. In total, 2% of NPRs revenue is from these grants.

So how does NPR, a non-governmental media entity need to be shut down over places which offer Chud News that is littered with false information? I guess the next mistake that fox news makes we should just call for their total shutdown?

What a goober.

Not a single criticism of NPR claiming that a woman defending herself is a white supremacist?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Not a single criticism of NPR claiming that a woman defending herself is a white supremacist?
Mistakes happen. Not a single criticism of other media orgs that have made mistakes in coverage. I dont recall seeing you saying any of them should be "shut down."

You thought NPR was a government service that could just have the plug pulled like the president did when he threatened to pull funding before realizing that his own government doesnt fund NPR haha.

Mistakes happen. Not a single criticism of other media orgs that have made mistakes in coverage. I dont recall seeing you saying any of them should be "shut down."

You thought NPR was a government service that could just have the plug pulled like the president did when he threatened to pull funding before realizing that his own government doesnt fund NPR haha.

Still ignoring the fact that they called this woman a white supremacist. And that 2% is actually more like 40% because of the tax deductions that come with individual donations and tax incentives that corporations that donate to them get.

Shut them down. We don't need a government funded media outlet.

Still ignoring the fact that they called this woman a white supremacist. And that 2% is actually more like 40% because of the tax deductions that come with individual donations and tax incentives that corporations that donate to them get.

Shut them down. We don't need a government funded media outlet.
Take away the tax deductions! Haha

There is no reason for NPR nor Public TV in the US. Nothing to do with left/right side of issues. They simply are not needed.

I used to listen to NPR during my workouts since occasionally they would put aside their dripping, insane bias to provide good international stories or otherwise but I've given up. They've become just another shit radio or podcast version of CNN.

and FAUX Fox news shouldn't be shut down? the old republican double standard.
Or MSBNC, et al. But understand ...

NPR management has been hit with the same Millennial Progressive 'threats' as the New York Times and others in the last year ... basically outlawing not just conservative, but even liberal, viewpoints.

So yes, NPR has officially gone completely conservative/liberal-free ... again. It happened before, and they had an exodus of many liberals.

ADVERTISEMENT