ADVERTISEMENT

Official "FC has tds and prays there is no cure" thread

Chloronique was fairly well proven against SARS. It's already proven out well in trials in Korea and France.

This stuff has been around since 1944 and is widely available.

Chloronique was fairly well proven against SARS. It's already proven out well in trials in Korea and France.

This stuff has been around since 1944 and is widely available.

Suppose the TDS crowd will give Trump props for approving widespread treatment after only 24 hours of the clinical trial?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
They should be able to expedite this through final trials. It was already approved for treating SARS patients, so it was already approved for the main family of virus (coronavirus).

At the very least, this sets the stage to have (potentially) widely available treatment should there be a Fall resurgence.

Who was it that said there would be millions of deaths in the US? Probably should bookmark that post

It's optimistic that there is a drug that increases recovery time.

The Japanese cure could save millions of lives.

Millions of lives in the US? We only have 330 million people and some are not even experiencing symptoms after getting it. Some blood types might be near immune to it.

Millions of lives in the US? We only have 330 million people and some are not even experiencing symptoms after getting it. Some blood types might be near immune to it.
Globally.

I do think if nothing changes we are headed to WWII level of deaths for Americans. Not just from the virus but from people dying due to a failing medical system.

He's hoping for this to be as bad as possible. The higher the death count, the happier he is
I'm being realising and taking steps to prepare. I don't want this to happen but I don't get a say. Just because you feel like you can ignore this all away doesn't mean it will have any impact.

If love to read your projections. No balls you won't give one.

So you want definitive projections on a virus that's 3 months old? Why? Why do you even care?

People used that UK model to throw around 2.2M deaths in one year alone. One year. That would mean that this coronavirus could somehow wind up being 75-80 times more deadly than influenza.

Can you point me to any credible doctor who has said that CV19 could be 75x more deadly than influenza?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
So you want definitive projections on a virus that's 3 months old? Why? Why do you even care?

People used that UK model to throw around 2.2M deaths in one year alone. One year. That would mean that this coronavirus could somehow wind up being 75-80 times more deadly than influenza.

Can you point me to any credible doctor who has said that CV19 could be 75x more deadly than influenza?
Because you've been downplaying this from the start.

I see no models that track this as anything but catastrophe 300-400k is a typical projections. We are taking limited steps compared to countries that are devastated. The system will collapse due to the rapid increase we are about to see. There will be nation wide shelter in place ordered and the death toll will skyrocket as we run put of resources.

Or maybe they will find a treatment.

Who knows. But why risk optimism when the alternative is so grim. I hope to be wrong.

There are people that tested positive having zero issues. Just wanted to toss out there that it isn't likely to wipe out ww2 levels here.

Because you've been downplaying this from the start.

I see no models that track this as anything but catastrophe 300-400k is a typical projections. We are taking limited steps compared to countries that are devastated. The system will collapse due to the rapid increase we are about to see. There will be nation wide shelter in place ordered and the death toll will skyrocket as we run put of resources.

Or maybe they will find a treatment.

Who knows. But why risk optimism when the alternative is so grim. I hope to be wrong.

Nope I haven't, you're just an ignorant blowhard and want that to be true. And when called out for your dumbass projections of "millions of people" you've immediately backtracked and tried to cover for it by throwing around some insult.

We are not taking "limited steps" compared to other countries. The UK and the Dutch are not closing a single thing to force a herd immunity while they lock seniors away.

You're basically just projecting every worst case scenario you've read and presenting it as fact. Wait for more data and information? Nah, we're headed towards nationawide shelter in place.

I'm being realising and taking steps to prepare. I don't want this to happen but I don't get a say. Just because you feel like you can ignore this all away doesn't mean it will have any impact.

Today is the best news we've gotten in 10 weeks on this and you're still acting like the sky is falling. Clearly you want that to be the case because politics. No sigh of relief, no "thank god", no "I'm so glad there is a good chance that this is coming to an end". Just more political attacks and doomsday rhetoric.

We don't even completely know who has it, so you can't quantify it yet. There are mathematical models though.

I told my wife about the Malaria drug 2 days ago, She was shocked when it all broke over the last 12 hours. One of the existing HIV drugs also shows promise, though a 50 year old generic that every drug company can jump in and produce is a game changer.

I told my wife about the Malaria drug 2 days ago, She was shocked when it all broke over the last 12 hours. One of the existing HIV drugs also shows promise, though a 50 year old generic that every drug company can jump in and produce is a game changer.

Capitalism saves us again. Posting from my capitalism phone ;)

Reactions: Crazyhole
Today is the best news we've gotten in 10 weeks on this and you're still acting like the sky is falling.
It still is. I'm not going to hang a mission accomplished banner because we likely started clinical trials soon. I've seen life changing medical discoveries be great and be nothing. Right now I'm optimistic but still looking for nationwide shelter in place. It's likely already too late but an order now still saves countless lives.

Can we circle back to this thread? Trump said the FDA had approved this drug and everyone celebrated. I said, not so fast my friends, and got accused of wanting old people killed.

Turns out Trump was wrong. People trusting him were wrong. I was right to be cautious because I've seen this many times before. I've followed drug approvals from breakthrough to market delivery. I understand the process, the president does not.

Is anyone starting to see the problem with him as the leader of this? He is just wrong or lies intentionally or unintentionally all the time.

The drug is not approved by the FDA, Trump doesn't understand FDA approval. @Crazyhole

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Suppose the TDS crowd will give Trump props for approving widespread treatment after only 24 hours of the clinical trial?
Yes,

It's been approved only 24 hours after clinical trial!!!!!!!! That's unbelievable. Literally unbelievable. As in, I cannot believe it is true.

Because it's not. Trump continues to misinform the American people.

The malaria Drug has been used safely for 50 plus years. Hell it is available as a generic.

Huh. No one could have possibly foreseen that the guy who lied about the weather at his own inauguration would keep lying about stuff. Total head scratcher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT