Mikesi

Diamond Knight
Oct 17, 2013
UCF 49
Maryland 45

High scoring game

Maryland has scored 51 and 63
UCF has scored 61.

I read the over/under is 59.5. Just can't see that happening.

Last edited:
I'm feeling pessimistic about this one. Any advantage gained by being fresh because we were off for two weeks is negated by Maryland also having a bye week last week. The good feelings following the FIU game seem like a distant memory. Historically, in this type of game against a bowl-quality P5 program, we show flashes of hope and then fizzle at the end. D.J. Durkin seems to have things trending positive in College Park. We're still too young and unproven on offense for me to believe we pull this one out. Maryland 31 - UCF 30

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The game that Frost goes back about .500. Maryland ain't seen nothing yet as we find that extra gear.

0-0. Hurricane Jose makes a sharp left and cancels the game. The National Guard still uses UCF as a base and the Memphis game is canceled again.

Reactions: ahabmw
UCF 35 Maryland 17

UCF defense rises and conquers, our offense clicking on all cylinders. Maryland scores a TD at the end to look closer than it actually was. Go Knights !

Reactions: Knight In TN
just judging them on 1 game(vs Texas)..they bring that level of physicality and I don't think we have the horses in the trenches to compete with that. I hope I'm wrong but I see a couple early turnovers and this being a long afternoon.

Maryland 43
UCF 24

Our run game will struggle just like in the FIU game. But also in this one, MD will not get much pressure on MM without blitzing and he will thrive as a result, even finding checkdown completions against blitzes. He will again throw for over 300 yards as MD struggles to defend all of our many weapons. When they drop back into coverage due to our pass weapons, Jawon, AK and Cordarrian will begin to get ground gains.

Our D shut them down on the run last year except for a few big plays. We will do the same this year, especially since our off season program has our DLine much bigger and stronger. They will live in the MD backfield. Also, although their run game has improved, so has our LB athleticism.

They will exploit our youth in the secondary, and that is how they will pursue the bulk of their drives, despite that Mike Hughes will make plays.

FINAL: UCF 47, Maryland 41

Reactions: Mikesi
This is only their QBs 2nd full game. He is a true freshman, so mistakes will be made. I expect us to stack the box to shut down the run and blitz all the time.

Reactions: Mikesi
I was pretty close. I put a lot of thought into it. Maybe if their qb didn't get hurt they would have scored an extra TD.

"UCF 35 Maryland 17
UCF defense rises and conquers, our offense clicking on all cylinders. Maryland scores a TD at the end to look closer than it actually was. Go Knights !"

Reactions: Mikesi and UCFProf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT