ADVERTISEMENT

***Official UCF vs Tulane Game Thread***

There is a difference between “easily could have lost” and a sequence of events that includes an onside kick recovery and ensuing drive with under 30 seconds to go. Just my opinion though. No I’m not happy with the play in the 4th quarter. Primarily the drops, bad snap FG and allowing a 50 yard pass on their last drive when should have been keeping stuff in front of them.

Reactions: beelit47
Honest assessment:

Pros: DG was great. Ran it great and had zero turnovers. Probably had 8 dropped passes including an easy td that would have iced the game.

Pro#2- Morris brash is gonna be a stud

#3 defense overall made some plays buuuut...

cons: 1 defense cant get turnovers and once again played poorly late

#2 literally nobody can catch

#3 special teams was awful

#4 coaching coaching coaching

glad the good outweighed the bad. Friday is our superbowl, need to be lighta out against an improving USF squad

Yup! And now ask yourself why. Let me go ahead and fill you in. Poor coaching. 3 and outs, and now going for it on 4th all the time just to have a chance at almost losing to sub par opponents is not Improvement.
Oh if life were only as simple as you make it.

Not reading the whole thread just came to say special teams is a problem. Some of it is understandable because of so many freshmen.

They’re not even top 50 teams. Hardly anything to celebrate.

And we lost to Tulsa outside the top 50. Temple at 37 is our best win. Stanford is 93. That FAMU win was great tho. Looking forward to the rematch midseason next year.

But you were happy with GOL going 10-4 or 9-3 and losing to anyone with a pulse. Here’s your participation trophy.
I prefer the participation trophy to the bitter unhappy irrational fan trophy

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
I prefer the participation trophy to the bitter unhappy irrational fan trophy

Pointing out the obvious for an underachieving team is completely rational. Critique is how you grow. Blowing sunshine leads to stagnation or regression. Many of us saw this coming. I was one that called this type of season when Huep decided to go with a frosh bc he threw the best deep ball. Our team has players that are better than the results. Let’s hope Huep is learning to coach, play call, and has recruits that pan out bc a lot of legacy players are walking out the door this year and he will only have 1 more year of experienced significant PT legacy players coming back.

I’m perfectly happy. I’m a fan(atic). I’ll be there Black Friday like I have been for pretty much every home game for over 25 years and more road games than almost anyone.

I’m just not an athletic supporter. Those are the irrational ones.

Last edited:
Pointing out the obvious for an underachieving team is completely rational. Critique is how you grow. Blowing sunshine leads to stagnation or regression. Many of us saw this coming. I was one that called this type of season when Huep decided to go with a frosh bc he threw the best deep ball. Our team has players that are better than the results. Let’s hope Huep is learning to coach, play call, and has recruits that pan out bc a lot of legacy players are walking out the door this year and he will only have 1 more year of experienced significant PT legacy players coming back.

I’m perfectly happy. I’m a fan(atic). I’ll be there Black Friday like I have been for pretty much every home game for over 25 years and more road games than almost anyone.

I’m not just an athletic supporter. Those are the irrational ones.
Glad you said it. I just didn't feel like taking the time.

Replace team and coaching with fanbase and you have the most accurate statement about this program ever.
So true. Until our fan base gets over the undefeated seasons and realizes we’re still a growing program, and shows up when things aren’t perfect, we’ll never get a seat at the grown ups table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT