ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State’s defense is elite...

Not sure where you are coming from on this. But as an Ohio State alum we lost to a better team. Plain and simple as much as I don't like it.

The bigger issue is Alabama, when they have a potential Heisman Candidate willing to sit at 3rd string for 3 years before getting a chance to play, not sure how teams are supposed to beat that.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Honestly the physicality of those 2 teams yesterday I really didnt see a non power team matching those guys this year. Najee Harris got hit with one of the biggest hit sticks ive seen in recent memory and didnt even flinch. I cant even imagine what would happen to our RBs

Seriously wtf is going on in Tuscaloosa

Last edited:
good thing we only send powerhouse P5 champs to the Invitational to lose by 30... otherwise lowly G5 teams would lose by a 100

But just imagine how our 123rd ranked defense would have punished Najee Harris!! He would have collapsed from the sheer exhaustion of 400 rushing yards! And just think of the glancing blows he'd have to shake-off enroute to his 6 or 7 TDs! We would have made Bama look as mortal as, say, BYU! 😂

Reactions: mattropolis
But just imagine how our 123rd ranked defense would have punished Najee Harris!! He would have collapsed from the sheer exhaustion of 400 rushing yards! And just think of the glancing blows he'd have to shake-off enroute to his 6 or 7 TDs! We would have made Bama look as mortal as, say, BYU! 😂
as say, a one win USF!

Honestly the physicality of those 2 teams yesterday I really didnt see a non power team matching those guys this year. Najee Harris got hit with one of the biggest hit sticks ive seen in recent memory and didnt even flinch. I cant even imagine what would happen to our RBs

Deer Antler Spray

HGH

Reactions: Endeavor.
Not sure where you are coming from on this. But as an Ohio State alum we lost to a better team. Plain and simple as much as I don't like it.
Point is any one of a dozen teams could have done just as well on that stage....but they are never given the opportunity.

They are a RB factory. Just look at all the guys from their teams in the NFL. They are all big, strong, fast backs because they get the raw talent and then develop them.

why would an average 6-3 UCF team be playing bama in the national championship game in the first place?

They are a RB factory. Just look at all the guys from their teams in the NFL. They are all big, strong, fast backs because they get the raw talent and then develop them.
Bama RBs were known as busts until most recently. Much like their QBs. Same with Ohio State QBs. Their RBs are hit or miss as well. Not constant.

Bama RBs were known as busts until most recently. Much like their QBs. Same with Ohio State QBs. Their RBs are hit or miss as well. Not constant.

There is only 32 teams in the NFL with 1/3 of the QBs in the NFL have been a starter for 10+ years. Odds are you end up a bust regardless where you come from. On top of that 1/3 of the actual starters are mediocre at best.

Reactions: blackoutknight

Agree, I was thinking more about Cincy this year and UCF a few years ago! We would definitely lose by 100 this year 🙈

Reactions: Gvilleknight
There is only 32 teams in the NFL with 1/3 of the QBs in the NFL have been a starter for 10+ years. Odds are you end up a bust regardless where you come from. On top of that 1/3 of the actual starters are mediocre at best.
Start naming great QBs from those 2 schools. You have to go back to Namath.

Kind of interesting as that is the first major sports championship that occurred on its normal schedule and still saw a significant ratings drop. Just goes to show sports in general is facing a decline, but I do think lack of stadium atmosphere is contributing. Superbowl will probably be no different regardless of teams participating.

Are any schools known for consistently producing good QBs?

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of one - wonder if that position is more dependent on coaching?
There’s a difference in consistently churning out and a good one every 10 years. So since 1990 that’s 30 years and 3 good QBs. FSU comes to mind as reliable, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Purdue to name a couple. Culpepper and Bortles are better than what OSU and Bama have produced in that time.

There’s a difference in consistently churning out and a good one every 10 years. So since 1990 that’s 30 years and 3 good QBs. FSU comes to mind as reliable, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Purdue to name a couple. Culpepper and Bortles are better than what OSU and Bama have produced in that time.

Who from FSU?

Marshall had Chad pennington and Byron Leftwich. That puts them above most.

QB making it in the NFL is crapshoot. Best college QBs generally are not made for NFL. USC had a string of pro type QBs that had tons of success in college, but Carson Palmer was the only one that even had an ok career. It's more luck than anything, just like Tom Brady who barely did anything in college ends up being the GOAT

FSU QBs were starters. Winston, Manuel, Ponder, Weinke. Bama has Tua who the Dolphins fans don’t like and want to trade for Watson and no one else. OSUs was Haskins who only started 8 games or so and next best was probably in 80s.

Like I said they started. To talk about Ohio St and Bama as having great QBs or even Bama RBs being great is just not the case.
I dont know if Games Started is the best way to evaluate how good an NFL QB was. Ponder and Manuel and even Winston got way more leeway than your average QB because of how high they were drafted. Weinke was 2-18 as an NFL starter.

I feel pretty confident Tua and Hurts will be better than 3 of the 4 FSU guys you mentioned and even Winston isnt a super high bar.

Like I said they started. To talk about Ohio St and Bama as having great QBs or even Bama RBs being great is just not the case.

Who says they have great NFL QBs? There is no schools that has consistent great NFL QBs and Alabama hasn't had a QB win the Heisman either. So apparently no one is saying Alabama has great QBs. Unless you are bothered that Tua and Mac Jones will be in the NFL and at one point were considered for Heismans

As for Alabama RBs they have three starting RBs in the NFL and a few more playing. With arguable the best RB currently in Derrick Henry.

No one is guaranteed NFL success, but you seem to hold bias against these teams, multiple Alabama QBs started in the NFL and sucked just like FSU. However, some reason you view FSU QBs as superior.

Who says they have great NFL QBs? There is no schools that has consistent great NFL QBs and Alabama hasn't had a QB win the Heisman either. So apparently no one is saying Alabama has great QBs. Unless you are bothered that Tua and Mac Jones will be in the NFL and at one point were considered for Heismans

As for Alabama RBs they have three starting RBs in the NFL and a few more playing. With arguable the best RB currently in Derrick Henry.

No one is guaranteed NFL success, but you seem to hold bias against these teams, multiple Alabama QBs started in the NFL and sucked just like FSU. However, some reason you view FSU QBs as superior.
I must be mixing together multiple threads. Someone mentioned how great these 2 teams QBs and skill position players were etc.

ADVERTISEMENT