ADVERTISEMENT

Okie State QB Spencer Sanders

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Convince me why UCF should NOT go after him.

He should be UCF's main focus if the Knights pursue a transfer quarterback.

Last edited:
Yeah, other than the creepy fetish over Keene and King, he is a good guy. I don’t have any gay friends, maybe it’s time😂

Should we go after Sanders?…. Hell yes, along with every other dual threat QB in the portal that has successful experience.

Now we probably can’t land a top end guy, we do need someone who can come in and compete. Considering it is the most important position on the team, all we have are unknowns (lack of experience) and question marks (gets injured a lot).

We don’t have ANY solid QBs. Just unknowns and question marks. Another competitor would certainly help.

I agree. Bringing in someone else it needs to be someone clearly better than what we already have or are getting. Don't think Spencer is that QB.
One of these guys has 5 passing TDs in 11 games
The other has 67 passing TDs in 43 games

Which one is clearly better?

Trying to be kind here, at least we don’t have a chance in hell to get Sanders so this thread is just for craps and giggles

Convince me why UCF should NOT go after him.

He should be UCF's main focus if the Knights pursue a transfer quarterback.
Jesus Christ you’re still giving your retarded opinions that are always wrong.

Also I know you want to **** Mikey and that’s frowned upon in your third world shithole known as Alabama. But Jesus Christ you sound like a stalker

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Spencer Sanders
2,642 yards passing 17TDs 9 Interceptions 61 CMP % QBR 57.6 2022

John Rhys Plumee
2,404 yards passing 14 TDs 7 Interceptions 63.1 CMP% QBR 74.7 2022

Timmy McClain:
1,888 yds passing 5 TDs 7 Interceptions 55.3 CMP % QBR 46.3 2022

Thomas Castellanos
75 yds passing 0 Tds 0 Interceptions 56.3 CPM % QBR 14.6 2022

These are the statistics for 2022 for the 4QBs being discussed. Maybe they tell you something maybe they don't.

He lives in bama. Besides chasing his cousin for sex this is his only entertainment
I will have you know, Ma'am, my cousins were some of the finest girls at my school.
Spencer Sanders
2,642 yards passing 17TDs 9 Interceptions 61 CMP % QBR 57.6 2022

John Rhys Plumee
2,404 yards passing 14 TDs 7 Interceptions 63.1 CMP% QBR 74.7 2022

Timmy McClain:
1,888 yds passing 5 TDs 7 Interceptions 55.3 CMP % QBR 46.3 2022

Thomas Castellanos
75 yds passing 0 Tds 0 Interceptions 56.3 CPM % QBR 14.6 2022

These are the statistics for 2022 for the 4QBs being discussed. Maybe they tell you something maybe they don't.
I like the one who is a four-year starting quarterback with 9,553 career passing yards and 67 touchdowns as a 61% passer to go along with 1,956 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns on the ground coming against Big 12 competition.

I will have you know, Ma'am, my cousins were some of the finest girls at my school.

I like the one who is a four-year starting quarterback with 9,553 career passing yards and 67 touchdowns as a 61% passer to go along with 1,956 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns on the ground coming against Big 12 competition.
Mike Wright would be a decent transfer. Would take Grayson McCall in a heart beat

Reactions: Knight Strength
Mike Wright would be a decent transfer. Would take Grayson McCall in a heart beat
I wouldn't turn away a three-time Conference USA Player of the Year, but Grayson McCall is not a running quarterback.

Plus, here is a little known fact on Grayson McCall. He is NOT a graduate transfer. He is a regular transfer. He is 30 credit hours shy of his degree and few schools offer his major. To show “progress-toward-degree” he must enroll in a school that offers his program of study. I do not know what his major is.

Also, I think Spencer Sanders' skill set better fits Gus Malzahn's offense. I would not be surprised if Sanders ended up at Auburn with Hugh Freeze. I would love to see Gus get a crack at improving Sanders touchdown-to-interception ratio.

If UCF doesn't sign a transfer quarterback, we will be reduced to watching Timmy McClain battle Thomas Castellanos for the backup QB role.

I wouldn't turn away a three-time Conference USA Player of the Year, but Grayson McCall is not a running quarterback.

Plus, here is a little known fact on Grayson McCall. He is NOT a graduate transfer. He is a regular transfer. He is 30 credit hours shy of his degree and few schools offer his major. To show “progress-toward-degree” he must enroll in a school that offers his program of study. I do not know what his major is.

Also, I think Spencer Sanders' skill set better fits Gus Malzahn's offense. I would not be surprised if Sanders ended up at Auburn with Hugh Freeze. I would love to see Gus get a crack at improving Sanders touchdown-to-interception ratio.

If UCF doesn't sign a transfer quarterback, we will be reduced to watching Timmy McClain battle Thomas Castellanos for the backup QB role.
I'm with you on Spencer fitting Gus's offense better. I just want a guy who can throw 65%+.

Are you implying you think JRP will start this year??

I'm with you on Spencer fitting Gus's offense better. I just want a guy who can throw 65%+.

Are you implying you think JRP will start this year??
Yes.

In the absence of an transfer to challenge, JRP is the guy. Gus has already shown his loyalty.

Reactions: Yaes
Yes.

In the absence of an transfer to challenge, JRP is the guy. Gus has already shown his loyalty.
Yeah but how do you know the deal wasn't, come to UCF and you're the starter for the first year, and you have to prove it from there?

I agree he has been loyal to JRP thus far.

JRP is the starter next year. McClain started a full year already. Castellanos redshirts next year.
OK, just so all you guys don't bitch when a part-time QB JP is on the shelf hurt after showing no improvement in the passing game....and because he was named the starter McClain shipped out because Gus is too loyal to JP.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but If Gus is too stubborn or unable to bring in a top transfer with this kind of "chew 'em up" offense, a full QB room is needed with multiple experienced options.

OK, just so all you guys don't bitch when a part-time QB JP is on the shelf hurt after showing no improvement in the passing game....and because he was named the starter McClain shipped out because Gus is too loyal to JP.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but If Gus is too stubborn or unable to bring in a top transfer with this kind of "chew 'em up" offense, a full QB room is needed with multiple experienced options.
UCF needed Mikey Keene to save the season in 2022. Do people really have that short of a memory? They have already forgotten JRP is not a QB.

If Gus doesn't look for help in the portal, UCF will look a lot worse than it should in its inaugural season the Big 12. And the hot seat talk will begin.

UCF needed Mikey Keene to save the season in 2022. Do people really have that short of a memory? They have already forgotten JRP is not a QB.

If Gus doesn't look for help in the portal, UCF will look a lot worse than it should in its inaugural season the Big 12. And the hot seat talk will begin.
What they don't remember is how frustrated they were with his passing struggles in losses or against tougher opponents. The guy has been in the college game 4 years and we shouldn't expect much/any improvement in year 5 after he plays a full baseball schedule.

He was fun to watch run, handle the ball like a point guard, and was an upgrade over QB play from most of 2021. But we need more in 2023.

I hope TC and McClain really make a strong push to get the job next year. But all the question marks really demonstrate the need to add another good option.

What they don't remember is how frustrated they were with his passing struggles in losses or against tougher opponents. The guy has been in the college game 4 years and we shouldn't expect much/any improvement in year 5 after he plays a full baseball schedule.

He was fun to watch run, handle the ball like a point guard, and was an upgrade over QB play from most of 2021. But we need more in 2023.

I hope TC and McClain really make a strong push to get the job next year. But all the question marks really demonstrate the need to add another good option.
And if this other good option arrives, do you feel this will send one or more of our existing qbs into the portal as a result? If so, do you feel that makes us any better, with the same or less depth at qb yet less knowledge of our system and personnel?

Right now we have 4 scholarship qbs. I'm not sure a college program can maintain any more than that in this current age.

JRP is guaranteed starter week 1. Thats why he didn’t walk with Seniors and why he came back. He’s also starting the Bowl Game. There never was a competition. Thats why Mikey said he was leaving from the first game. It was the same situation USF had.

And if this other good option arrives, do you feel this will send one or more of our existing qbs into the portal as a result? If so, do you feel that makes us any better, with the same or less depth at qb yet less knowledge of our system and personnel?
If Gus brings in a ringer transfer QB, it would be a crushing blow to the current depth that may not take a significant snap for the Knights in the Big 12.

What makes any of you believe TC, a running back who was not properly developed in high school, or TM, a low three star Gus signed as a ploy to flip Goldie Lawrence, are the future of UCF football?

Nothing I have seen from TM or TC during their time in the AAC inspires me to think they are capable of carrying the UCF torch in the Big 12.

The transfer portal has turned college football into a world of John-Rhys-Plumlee-come-latelys--especially at the QB position where 38 FBS teams started quarterbacks from other programs in 2022.

In a QB-driven league, I would rather have one ELITE guy on the field every Saturday, than four that look good on a depth chart paper.

In a QB-driven league, I would rather have one ELITE guy on the field every Saturday, than four that look good on a depth chart paper.
You and everyone else, but elite qbs don't have to transfer (ie: they're not in the portal). They are recruited and developed. If you bring in a transfer every year you hurt your ability to recruit, and your recruits transfer out.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
And... just... like... that..

Auburn is now targeting Spencer Sanders. UCF should do the same.

Yeah, unfortunately we have no chance there.....on the bright side, Hornsby is still available. The 5th highest rated QB still on the board (McCall, Card, Armstrong, Altmyer, Hornsby) and rated equal with Sanders. Other "names" still out there
Kedon Slovis
Hank Bachmeier
Connor Bazelak
Zack Calzada
Mike Wright - Former UCF commit
Austin Aune - 28 year old North Texas starter
Davis Brin - Who beat us with Tulsa

Excuses piling up for why Florida didn't sign Grayson McCall. Billy Napier not very popular in Gainesville ATM.

"...and it turns out Grayson McCall attends a school whose academics are worthless and has credits that won’t transfer to UF..."

Slovis picks BYU.....
My Christmas wish is for all of y'all to stop acting like UCF is a directional Group of 5 program that isn't good enough to go toe-to-toe for talent with the big dogs.

UCF is one of the Top 25 football programs in the nation. John Walker and Amari KNight prove anything is possible.

Start acting like you deserve a seat at the big table.

Now go get Spencer Sanders.

My Christmas wish is for all of y'all to stop acting like UCF is a directional Group of 5 program that isn't good enough to go toe-to-toe for talent with the big dogs.

UCF is one of the Top 25 football programs in the nation. John Walker and Amari KNight prove anything is possible.

Start acting like you deserve a seat at the big table.

Now go get Spencer Sanders.
Shut the hell up with this crap.....Like it or not, at the moment we are in the process of moving from the kids table to the adult table. We don't have a chance to get Sanders, just like the last guy you were hyping that went to a school we just beat.

This post makes you look like a damn fool. You can do better than this.

Shut the hell up with this crap.....Like it or not, at the moment we are in the process of moving from the kids table to the adult table. We don't have a chance to get Sanders, just like the last guy you were hyping that went to a school we just beat.

Gus says UCF is a place where you can win a national championship. You can either choose to believe him or choose to doubt. As for me, I choose to believe on Christmas. If didn't believe, I wouldn't here. Not sorry if that offends anyone.

Furthermore, you have to shed this baggage of being a second-tier program. It is a new day. (I am not saying forget where you came from; I am saying focus on where you are headed.) UCF has arrived. UCF is the only two-time undefeated school not to make the CFP since its inception (non-COVID).

You cannot tell me that Oregon State can get D.J. Ulagalelei, but UCF cannot get whoever the h*ll Gus wants--provided he wants anybody at all. I have not heard so much as a peep from UCF about pursuing a transfer quarterback in this cycle. But it needs to IMO.

Like Haynes King, Spencer Sanders is NOT the Savior of UCF football. Just another option for a team with a starting quarterback, who averaged two quarters of play over the final six games of the season.

Last edited:

Hey, come on. It's Christmas Day! Can't we all be civil to each other at least for one day. The Birthday of our Lord? Isn't that the least we can do? Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy and Blessed New Year! Doc

JRP is guaranteed starter week 1. Thats why he didn’t walk with Seniors and why he came back. He’s also starting the Bowl Game. There never was a competition. Thats why Mikey said he was leaving from the first game. It was the same situation USF had.
I can always tell who never played sports at a high-level by comments like this. There is no such thing as “guaranteed starter” in the future, yet you keep posting things like this.

I don’t know why people can’t get over the fact that maybe a player just outperforms another player in practice and/or fits what a coaching staff is looking for. If Plumlee was “guaranteed” anything, why would McClain transfer here? You think a kid with that kind of HS pedigree and experience starting in college is going to willingly transfer to UCF without intending to compete for a starting role? In this era of college football, you actually think TC is going to be okay waiting three years at a school before he starts because Plumlee was “guaranteed” something?

Please. Those guys will compete next year and the best player will get the opportunity. It just might be Plumlee again, it might not. The coaches don’t owe him anything. Just because he beat out Mikey Keene in one Fall camp, don’t take that as a referendum that he was given a job for life lol. Can we please stop the QB debating until at least July/August. This season isn’t even over yet. We’re still in the same calendar year where 90% of the people on here went from hate-posting about Keene’s noodle arm 24/7 to calling for a statue of him within months.

ADVERTISEMENT