ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma has no desire to continue the "Bedlam Series" with Oklahoma State when the Sooners depart for the SEC

Vote for Rusty in 2022

Bronze Knight
Silver Member
Dec 28, 2021
A bit of a shame, but maybe this creates an opportunity for us in the "new" Big 12 ?

Maybe it would be best if we had a NEW "Bedlam Series" that was rotated every year between two rivals in the B12 ? For example, one year it could between Baylor and Houston, and if the B12 takes on the "PAC12 Four" that has been mentioned, you could have BYU/Utah one year and then Arizona/Arizona State another year.

See what I am getting at ? It could be a rivalry game rotated between locations and teams.

Might work. Might not work, too.

We won’t have a traditional rivalry. Too far from near competitors. The league for us will only be a rivalry for supremacy.

Reactions: mattropolis
Note to add that in order for us to be supreme in the league is to improve. We were supreme in AAC and CUSA. Now we have to beat Ok St, Baylor, KSU, Cinci, etc with fewer weak opponents.

A bit of a shame, but maybe this creates an opportunity for us in the "new" Big 12 ?

Maybe it would be best if we had a NEW "Bedlam Series" that was rotated every year between two rivals in the B12 ? For example, one year it could between Baylor and Houston, and if the B12 takes on the "PAC12 Four" that has been mentioned, you could have BYU/Utah one year and then Arizona/Arizona State another year.

See what I am getting at ? It could be a rivalry game rotated between locations and teams.

Might work. Might not work, too.

We’re done with the cows at 8-6. Put them in the rear view mirror and then offer 2-1 starting in 2028

Immediate 2-1 for FAU though 😀

Reactions: Knight Strength
And people thought I was crazy when I said 'Rivalries don't matter anymore." The last conference alignment killed several century old rivalries, and NO ONE CARED! This is why I said, not one conference would bring in UCF and usf because of the rivalry. No one cares. Some fans may look back at a season in February and think-'we never played ....' but that's about it. Rivalries only matter to the student fans. Not to networks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT