ADVERTISEMENT

Old People still having the right to vote is a travesty.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
I've said this before but it's still important. Everyone knows that the elderly are more susceptible to scams. It's so bad that the FBI has a dedicated page listing the reasons they are targets.

https://www.fbi.gov/scams-and-safety/common-fraud-schemes/seniors

Basically what the FBI says is that they are gullible and have cognitive issues. They are more likely to believe fake news and bot comments than younger people.

Also they have no skin in the game often voting for short term issues because it doesn't matter to them what the world looks like in 20 years.

We don't let kids vote because they aren't smart enough to understand issues. So why do we let elderly people who studies have shown have the reasoning power of a smart 13 year old vote? There's plenty of kids able to grasp complex issues better than these voters and we are deciding issues that will actually matter to the kids.

No one over 72 should be able to vote. This should be the democrats primary platform in 2020 and must be accomplished before 2024. We should just give them a bag of peanut brittle and send them on their way so we can work on building the country for the future.

I'm passionate about it.
when do you expect your old rich white grandma to kick the bucket?

i assume shes leaving a good bit of money to you and your family. she probably amassed that wealth at the expense of minorities. i hope you donate it all to minority charities. we dont need to see generational white wealth passed down like that.

you should pledge right here and now to donate any money from your old rich racist white grandmother to minority charities.

when do you expect your old rich white grandma to kick the bucket?

i assume shes leaving a good bit of money to you and your family. she probably amassed that wealth at the expense of minorities. i hope you donate it all to minority charities. we dont need to see generational white wealth passed down like that.

you should pledge right here and now to donate any money from your old rich racist white grandmother to minority charities.
You continuing to think 2 million is an insane amount of money for a retirement is one of my favorite ongoing gags on this board.

I'll probably get a good amount. I'll donate it to bernie's reelection campaign so your family can get taken care of a little better.

It's terrible. Old people making decisions about the future when they won't even be there!

It's terrible. Old people making decisions about the future when they won't even be there!

I'm more concerned with the obvious non-casual link between leaded gasoline and a reduction in IQ points, with the result of boomer nation voting for Trump.

Am I the only one who appreciates the thread? I really did lol and then had to spend 5 mins explaining this site, the dynamics of the WC and why I've been here for 15 years smh :cry:

The man makes a good point.

Am I the only one who appreciates the thread? I really did lol and then had to spend 5 mins explaining this site, the dynamics of the WC and why I've been here for 15 years smh :cry:

The man makes a good point.

Def not the only one, FC is the one saving grace the cooler has left in a board filled with young Earth creationist Trump supporters.

Well I suppose if we're discussing who should and shouldn't be able to vote, let's open up the overt bigotry that FC desires.

Let's ban old people, African Americans, muslims between the age of 18-45, Hispanic women, the LGBT community that support NFL teams north of the mason dixon line, the entire northeast, people that speak spanish as a first language, non-citizens, non land owners, 2nd amendments advocates, descendants of slaves, people born outside of Texas, and anyone who subscribes to Hulu or amazon.

Well I suppose if we're discussing who should and shouldn't be able to vote, let's open up the overt bigotry that FC desires.

Let's ban old people, African Americans, muslims between the age of 18-45, Hispanic women, the LGBT community that support NFL teams north of the mason dixon line, the entire northeast, people that speak spanish as a first language, non-citizens, non land owners, 2nd amendments advocates, descendants of slaves, people born outside of Texas, and anyone who subscribes to Hulu or amazon.

Wow.

Crazy with yet another insane take, showing off his overt racism and homophobia.

You do know FC wasn't naming groups of people that he doesn't like....unlike evidently you just did. He was explaining why those people aren't fit to vote because they are especially susceptible to scams and generally aren't mentally competent.

Really would be nice to have a mod here to ban you for your disgusting overt racism and homophobia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT