ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha World-Herald Poll: Will Scott Frost be the head coach at UCF next season?

I think his deep love and passion for Nebraska brings him home.

He wrote this 12 years ago:

Sometimes I think that I care too much. I was in Lawrence on Saturday and I saw our guys go down in defeat at the hands of a team that we had beaten every year for almost four decades. I can’t tell you how hard it was to watch. Seeing Jayhawk fans yelling and jeering and storming the field made my stomach turn.

I love Nebraska football.

I love the state of Nebraska.

I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state.

https://scout.com/college/nebraska/.../Scott-Frosts-thoughts-12-years-ago-108854835

Well, I hope it does come down to "love"..... then I'm betting he loves being with his wife and son every night over the grind of long, overnight recruiting trips. I may be wrong, but I doubt he loves Nebraska more than time with his family

Last edited:
Wanted to coach NU in 2011

Still brings Osborne to UCF

Still talks with his teammates, who are all undoubtedly egging him on to take the position at NU.

This is a chance for his staff to make probably 2 times what they are making now. In other words Frosty has to think of more families than his own. I'm sure his assistants have, or might soon have children to take care of.

Its open. Now. If Nebraska gets another good or even serviceable coach, there's no telling when the job will open again. He may not ever get the chance again. -More than a great 11 or 12 win coach, Nebraska could land one of those 10 win coaches that won't leave for a long long....long time.

If he's ever wanted it,...if he thinks he'll ever want it...this is it.

Heck if I was Moos I would just cart Matt Davison down there with me along with his assistants projected salaries in new bills in brief cases and sell it.
No one cares. The NU will be open in 3 years then 4 years after that then 2 years after that.

I can see Frost leaving if we go undefeated. Unfortunately, we'll max out somewhere in the lower top 10 of the CFP rankings, and Frost will see that where we "max out" doesn't even get us in the discussion for the CFP. That's the aspect that has me worried the most about his departure, the fact that he may accomplish everything that he possibly could have here after this season due to us being G5.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Frosty won't be going to Nebraska. It really has to be a case of deja-vu for him.

There is a part of their fan base and boosters that have anti-Nebraska values that has to be a big turn off for him. Fortunately for us, those are the guys still calling the shots over there.

The Nebraska way of landing Frosty is very quietly through backchannels - being publicly deceitful about their interest in Frosty, while at the same time very quietly getting it done. Sending ol' Tom here was a step in the right direction. But then Moos comes along and is all in your face and very public about going after Frosty. Oh, the arrogance!

That may cut it in liberal, arrogant, in-your-face Washington, but for the modest and conservative Nebraska, that's not how business gets done. What I see here is ol' Frosty getting turned off by the old thing, bringing back all those old bad memories.

Structurally, Nebraska is a mess at the leadership level. I don't see SF making a material impact. Until Nebraska gets back to its core values, the ship will continue to sink regardless of who is at the helm.

Last edited:
I can see Frost leaving if we go undefeated. Unfortunately, we'll max out somewhere in the lower top 10 of the CFP rankings, and Frost will see that where we "max out" doesn't even get us in the discussion for the CFP. That's the aspect that has me worried the most about his departure, the fact that he may accomplish everything that he possibly could have here after this season due to us being G5.
Yes, that is where you max out when you start the season at number 65+. If we go undefeated, we end up ranked top 20 next year, then can actually make noise.

Well, I hope it does come down to "love"..... then I'm betting he loves being with his wife and son every night over the grind of long, overnight recruiting trips. I may be wrong, but I doubt he loves Nebraska more than time with his family
A few things...

His whole family is in Nebraska. His dad, his mom...the grandparents to his baby.

How many coaches have a wife and at least one child? The vast majority of them do.

Frosty won't be going to Nebraska. It really has to be a case of deja-vu for him.

There is a part of their fan base and boosters that have anti-Nebraska values that has to be a big turn off for him. Fortunately for us, those are the guys still calling the shots over there.

The Nebraska way of landing Frosty is very quietly through backchannels - being publicly deceitful about their interest in Frosty, while at the same time very quietly getting it done. Sending ol' Tom here was a step in the right direction. But then Moos comes along and is all in your face and very public about going after Frosty. Oh, the arrogance!

That may cut it in liberal, arrogant, in-your-face Washington, but for the modest and conservative Nebraska, that's not how business gets done. What I see here is ol' Frosty getting turned off by the old thing, bringing back all those old bad memories.

Structurally, Nebraska is a mess at the leadership level. I don't see SF making a material impact. Until Nebraska gets back to its core values, the ship will continue to sink regardless of who is at the helm.
Who, specifically, in leadership at NU has anti-Nebraska values?

Who, specifically, in leadership at NU has anti-Nebraska values?

Well, your BOR/President to start. Your boosters for second. Look therein and see where the problem lays. How long before the boosters ask for Frosty's head? Two years, three years? Will the President have the balls to put the kabosh on coaching roulette for the greater good and give him the full term of his contract to get it done? Nobody in leadership has stepped up yet, don't see it happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Miltonian
Well, your BOR/President to start. Your boosters for second. Look therein and see where the problem lays. How long before the boosters ask for Frosty's head? Two years, three years? Will the President have the balls to put the kabosh on coaching roulette for the greater good and give him the full term of his contract to get it done? Nobody in leadership has stepped up yet, don't see it happening anytime soon.

How has our President shown to be anti-Nebraska in his values?

He won't have accomplished everything. His system still isn't fully installed. The offense with another year under it's belt is going to be incredible.

Reactions: Mikesi
A few things...

His whole family is in Nebraska. His dad, his mom...the grandparents to his baby.

How many coaches have a wife and at least one child? The vast majority of them do.
His wife's family is in Arizona. So he's moving to Phoenix?

I could go to my basement, but I prefer my living room upstairs in my 3rd house by the way. Currently selling one, though that one doesn't have a basement, would you like me to post for you from my basement though? Which house's basement would you prefer? Lincoln or North Platte?
I wouid ask you to post from hell, but it sounds like you own 3 sections of it, so I don't want to confuse you. Am I supposed to be impressed?

Reactions: drays21
I wouid ask you to post from hell, but it sounds like you own 3 sections of it, so I don't want to confuse you. Am I supposed to be impressed?

Yes! Have you been to the new Appleby's in North Platte?? I heard that they are also getting a Longhorn's but that is just a rumor. Nightlife is going to be crazy if this happens!

Reactions: Lurky and Mikesi
Don't pay him any mind. The public transit in his small town has 3 buses, so he thinks he has 3 houses.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yes! Have you been to the new Appleby's in North Platte?? I heard that they are also getting a Longhorn's but that is just a rumor. Nightlife is going to be crazy if this happens!
Hahahaha. I must apologize. This guy is a baller. North Platte is where it's at.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Scott may go to Nebraska, but it will be DESPITE the fans, not because of them.

This is actually what I believe as well. He would in fact be doing it for him and his family, not for the fans. And as bad as our fans may seem, I've got to say I'm not really seeing much better here.

I had spent 10 years in the Navy and been around the US quite a bit...living in other places due to employment, not visiting, and really people are the same everywhere you go. The only places in CFB you aren't going to feel pressure are those places where they don't have any or are trying to get TO a place where they do. And that program gets as big down there at UCF as it seems you guys want it to be then there wouldn't really be any differences between UCF fans or Nebraska fans.

Because one thing I've learned in the Navy and elsewhere I've worked and lived, people are the same everywhere.

Actually North Platte NE doesn't have a mass transit system because it takes 8 minutes to get across town.

I grew up on a farm outside of Lincoln by a town that was unincorporated and had one blinking yellow light in the whole place. And I've lived in a city that had millions....I've got to say, the cities had a LOT more a$$holes, go figure.

I could go to my basement, but I prefer my living room upstairs in my 3rd house by the way. Currently selling one, though that one doesn't have a basement, would you like me to post for you from my basement though? Which house's basement would you prefer? Lincoln or North Platte?

How about this, I'll come back here and post from my basement if Nebraska doesn't end up as head coach at NU, that you were right all along. I've got some drywall work down there anyway. You know this is the 3rd house I've done live in remodeling to? When do you suppose I'll stop buying houses and working on them?

If all that sounds lame, I'll bet after Frosty comes home your excuses will be more so.

I thought someone said that even if SF leaves UCF would be fine.. So what's up?
That is the one good thing about nebraska, you can buy 3 large houses there for the price of a small cottage here. Then again thats because we have desirable things around us and not...dust and corn and....uh, dust.

Reactions: drays21
That is the one good thing about nebraska, you can buy 3 large houses there for the price of a small cottage here. Then again thats because we have desirable things around us and not...dust and corn and....uh, dust.
Haha. I think North Platte has one of the most affordable housing markets in the US. I remember reading that. Wonder why

even Gator sources are saying staying at UCF or Pac12 is more likely than UF or Nebraska

You guys need to stop using one quote from 2005

Haha. I think North Platte has one of the most affordable housing markets in the US. I remember reading that. Wonder why

The point being, i am not commenting from my moms, basement(I'm assuming you meant). You attack me for either being lazy, or poor, or of little value with a comment like that. You may be right, I may be of little value but I definitely have my own basements to banter on an ameture sports message board from.

even Gator sources are saying staying at UCF or Pac12 is more likely than UF or Nebraska

You guys need to stop using one quote from 2005

There are only 3 schools worth going to in the Pac12. USC, UCLA, Arizona. All others have recruiting, resource challenges.

The point being, i am not commenting from my moms, basement(I'm assuming you meant). You attack me for either being lazy, or poor, or of little value with a comment like that. You may be right, I may be of little value but I definitely have my own basements to banter on an ameture sports message board from.
You're missing the point. Forget it

I grew up on a farm outside of Lincoln by a town that was unincorporated and had one blinking yellow light in the whole place. And I've lived in a city that had millions....I've got to say, the cities had a LOT more a$$holes, go figure.
Farms are the worst.**

BTW, Floridians INVENTED the concept of owning waay more houses than they could afford. So don't bring us your "I have 3 houses" non-sense. We were doing that back in 2005.
Its called "South Florida Rich". Owning way more shit than you can afford to impress people you dont like.

I grew up the same, 100% prefer city. I do have to say i like the quiet close knit country life, but i far prefer having things to do besides shoot the sh!t with the same people every day for 20 years.
Lol i was trying to be an internet tough guy.
Really to each its own.

ADVERTISEMENT