ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha World-Herald Poll: Will Scott Frost be the head coach at UCF next season?

I know the Disney comparison is cliché since we live in Orlando (most of us anyway) but more or less I see it in the sense of the people who are obsessed with Disney but live elsewhere. Sometimes they move down here and want to work there. For some people the magic is still there and they love it, and for others it's not what they were expecting and being behind the scenes leaves them disappointed in a way. The magic dies off. I have no idea if Frost wants to stay or leave and get a better job, but the idea that he would want to go to Nebraska solely because he went there and played there doesn't seem as clear cut to someone young and methodical like Frost. Maybe he is fine going to Disney every year, but not necessarily wanting to work there and preserving that magic from being ruined for him.

They don't care about her. They don't care about the kid. They don't care about Scott. That want wins. Now. That's all they care about. If UCF was 6-3 right now, they wouldn't be talking at all about "their" favorite son.

You are a complete "no nothing" the majority of Husker fans were calling for Frost to be hired after Pelini was fired. Years before that, the fans were wanting Pelini to Hire Frost as his offensive coordinator. Husker fans have been wanting Frost to return since 2010.

Cheer up, you can always hire away former Husker quarterback Turner Gill from Liberty.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_40efdea2-a5e7-5507-8389-881e0e31d72e.html

My comment to Nebraska people at end of article:

A little extra info on this turnaround...1/1/14 UCF wins Fiesta Bowl and goes 12-1 on season after numerous CUSA championships and being the Big East/American Champion for first season in 2013. QB Blake Bortles leaves as a junior for NFL draft. 2014 UCF goes 9-4 and ties for Championship despite loss of Bortles with remaining players from his recruiting class and lousy QB. 2015 UCF goes 0-15 as Bortles class has graduated and team is in disarray with O'Leary acting as AD and advisor to new Head Coach who was his OC previously. 2016 Frost inherits the left over players from prior momentum that led UCF to Fiesta Bowl victory. This team does well in recruiting but once again looks like the 2014 team which won games mostly from defensive effort. 2017 last year of players who were part of Fiesta Bowl season. The offense with new recruits is seasoned now and blends well with O'Leary leftovers. Those of us at UCF know how this program has been on the rise since 2005 and why SF turnaround has a lot of factors going for it. Our greatest challenge over the years to being successful is getting a quality starting QB. We have one this season in McKenzie Milton. We have a very good QB coach now whose name is NOT Scott Frost. Like I said there is a lot of factors going on here.
Lets face it, as of now UCF is a stepping stone school. No coach who wants to be at the top of his game will stay. He has zero chance to grow or gain anything. You guys could be undefeated every year and still never rank in the top 10 and never play for National Title. Not say that could never change but you will have to move to a power 5 conf.
Many believe the deal is done and all but signed. He is coming to Nebraska. It sounds like it will be announced Dec 3rd to the public. 7 yr 30 million.
Now of course this could all just be rumors and lies, but I doubt it. To many sources coming out with the same thing. If for some odd reason he does stay at UCF you guys are lucky to have him and hopfully he is able to get you guys to the top.

A few things...

His whole family is in Nebraska. His dad, his mom...the grandparents to his baby.

How many coaches have a wife and at least one child? The vast majority of them do.
A few things...

His whole family is in Nebraska. His dad, his mom...the grandparents to his baby.

How many coaches have a wife and at least one child? The vast majority of them do.

I think you missed my point.."I'm betting he loves being with his wife and son every night over the grind of long, overnight recruiting trips".

If you haven't been keeping up with the news of his newborn son, it's clear that being with his wife and son is important to him.

Frost has been vocal about how much he enjoys being able to hop in his car, drive to a recruit's home and be home the same night. Gushes over how much talent he can recruit right here in Central Florida.

He's talked about how different that is from recruiting at Oregon where he had to frequently fly to recruit players....and (my view, not his comments).... at Nebraska... He'd be looking at that same recruiting grind and not being home for extended periods.

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Nebraska, but I don't think it's the no brainer some Nebraska fans try to make it seem. I think it's going to take a huge contract to get him there.

Last edited:
Many believe the deal is done and all but signed. He is coming to Nebraska. It sounds like it will be announced Dec 3rd to the public. 7 yr 30 million.
Here we go agaIn. Pulling bullsh_t out of your ass. Who is many? What are their names?. Oh.., that's right, you can't reveal your sources?

A couple things to think about.

He hasn't said specifically that he isn't taking the Nebraska offer, that is if they did, and we know Moos notified UCF Nebraska is interested in Scott.

Nebraska has not notified any other program at any level, as far as we know, of their intentions of pursuing their coach.

Florida and Tennessee have not officially notified their intentions to pursue Scott.

Scott dodged the questions about distractions to his team talking about Call of Duty and Star Wars.

Something tells me he's not so sure...that's pretty telling if you ask me that Nebraska is VERY tempting and the reasons some here think are slam dunk reasons to stay are not in his heart and mind or he would have put this to bed. We can safely assume he isn't positioning for more money from UCF, because UCF is already running full throttle trying to buy his loyalty.

Last edited:
My comments are in parentheses.

Here are some things on Frost's mind:

"I think one of the key things is wanting to be a coach without being desperate to be. I've seen a lot of people that have been in a hurry to be a head coach and they take jobs that are hard, jobs where it's hard to win. Those guys are at a place for three years, four years, and it doesn't work and they may never get another chance." (Is Nebraska a "hard job"? Right now, most would say yes)

"I've had some opportunities, but I wanted to go to the right place" (rumored to have passed on P5, more money, Syracuse & Maryland jobs)

"This one came open and I looked at this with the second largest university in the country, a great recruiting area, up and coming school in a beautiful city. I think this is one of the places that if you do it the right way, you've got a good chance at winning"

What were some things that over time you had decided you had to see in a program to want to be its head coach?

A: Winning is the biggest thing. (He's already winning at UCF!) I'm taking nothing away from any coaches out there, it's not an accident that coaches at Alabama, Ohio State, Florida and USC, those type of programs win. Not to say they're not great coaches, but those places are built to attract better players than most or all of the people they play, year in, year out. Not that it's a given that you're going to win at those places, but it's easier. It's easier to win at Alabama than it is at Iowa State. (he could easily replace Iowa St with Nebraska in this comment)

UCF I think has some inherited advantages on the other teams in the American conference, just with location, proximity to recruits, facilities and campus. I think anytime you're starting out two steps ahead of some of the people you play, I think it gives you a great chance to do well if you do things the right way.

"Everybody was interested in Oregon. I'm telling recruits down here they don't have to go 3,000 miles away to get that anymore, Oregon just came to them.

It's hard in those places because we're just not in close proximity, Oregon wasn't and isn't in close proximity to the fertile recruiting ground. At the end of the day, recruits have to decide to leave southern California, or Georgia, or Florida, or Texas, where there's some other pretty good schools, and go all the way to Eugene (insert Nebraska).

It's great being in a place where those kids that want to stay close can stay here, not to mention it's a lot easier to get kids to visit our campus unofficially, there's a lot more kids here to choose from.

One of the things that drew me to the job is I knew I could run a version of our offense that was practically identical to Oregon's because we can recruit that type of player here. I don't think you could run Oregon's offense at Wisconsin (easily insert Nebraska, practically the same school); I don't know if you would get enough guys that can run well enough to do it. In Orlando, Florida, there's fast guys in high schools in every direction in close proximity that are already running systems in high school that are similar to this and should want to play in it."

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com...tt-frost-says-winning-biggest-thing/84210636/

It's going to take a lot of $$ to buy Frost's loyalty. The good thing for Nebraska fans is that Nebraska has deep pockets and they can offer the $$ it takes...but if he goes to Nebraska it's not because he feels an allegiance and deep love for Nebraska....it'll be for the money..and I wouldn't blame him

"I think one of the key things is wanting to be a coach without being desperate to be. I've seen a lot of people that have been in a hurry to be a head coach and they take jobs that are hard, jobs where it's hard to win. Those guys are at a place for three years, four years, and it doesn't work and they may never get another chance." (Is Nebraska a "hard job"? Right now, most would say yes)

"I've had some opportunities, but I wanted to go to the right place" (rumored to have passed on P5, more money, Syracuse & Maryland jobs)

"This one came open and I looked at this with the second largest university in the country, a great recruiting area, up and coming school in a beautiful city. I think this is one of the places that if you do it the right way, you've got a good chance at winning"

What were some things that over time you had decided you had to see in a program to want to be its head coach?

A: Winning is the biggest thing. (He's already winning at UCF!) I'm taking nothing away from any coaches out there, it's not an accident that coaches at Alabama, Ohio State, Florida and USC, those type of programs win. Not to say they're not great coaches, but those places are built to attract better players than most or all of the people they play, year in, year out. Not that it's a given that you're going to win at those places, but it's easier. It's easier to win at Alabama than it is at Iowa State. (he could easily replace Iowa St with Nebraska in this comment)

UCF I think has some inherited advantages on the other teams in the American conference, just with location, proximity to recruits, facilities and campus. I think anytime you're starting out two steps ahead of some of the people you play, I think it gives you a great chance to do well if you do things the right way.

"Everybody was interested in Oregon. I'm telling recruits down here they don't have to go 3,000 miles away to get that anymore, Oregon just came to them.

It's hard in those places because we're just not in close proximity, Oregon wasn't and isn't in close proximity to the fertile recruiting ground. At the end of the day, recruits have to decide to leave southern California, or Georgia, or Florida, or Texas, where there's some other pretty good schools, and go all the way to Eugene (insert Nebraska).

It's great being in a place where those kids that want to stay close can stay here, not to mention it's a lot easier to get kids to visit our campus unofficially, there's a lot more kids here to choose from.

One of the things that drew me to the job is I knew I could run a version of our offense that was practically identical to Oregon's because we can recruit that type of player here. I don't think you could run Oregon's offense at Wisconsin (easily insert Nebraska, practically the same school); I don't know if you would get enough guys that can run well enough to do it. In Orlando, Florida, there's fast guys in high schools in every direction in close proximity that are already running systems in high school that are similar to this and should want to play in it."

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com...tt-frost-says-winning-biggest-thing/84210636/

It's going to take a lot of $$ to buy Frost's loyalty. The good thing for Nebraska fans is that Nebraska has deep pockets and they can offer the $$ it takes...but if he goes to Nebraska it's not because he feels an allegiance and deep love for Nebraska....it'll be for the money..and I wouldn't blame him
I don't like this post.
Alligators, fire ants, sinkholes,snakes, and humidity all over you.
Good day Sir.

Reactions: 90Knight
You are a complete "no nothing" the majority of Husker fans were calling for Frost to be hired after Pelini was fired. Years before that, the fans were wanting Pelini to Hire Frost as his offensive coordinator. Husker fans have been wanting Frost to return since 2010.

Cheer up, you can always hire away former Husker quarterback Turner Gill from Liberty.
If only you guys had invaded the Oregon message boards this strong when Pelini was fired you might have Frost already.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
If only you guys had invaded the Oregon message boards this strong when Pelini was fired you might have Frost already.

Lots of fans wanted Frost. Others wanted him to get more experience first.

The 2 situations are vastly different though.

a) We didn't know if Pelini would be fired that season. Not until the loss to Wisconsin which was on November 15th. Even then it wasn't a certainty until we lost the next 2 games. Then Eichorst hired Riley like 3 minutes later. This time, we've assumed our coach would get fired ever since the A.D. was fired. That was in September. There has been a lot of time to talk about this crap.

b) We didn't think an outsider A.D. would be on board with hiring Frost. Bill Moos has made it clear that he's at least mulling it over which is more than Eichorst did.

For the record, many Huskers followed UCF last year too. Not solely because of the desire to have him as a coach but because we were happy to see him do well.

OK look, I will try one time to explain why Nebraska is not like Iowa State, Wisconsin, or Oregon. All fine programs.
Nebraska has the 4th most wins in college football. Why?
How many D1 football teams in Florida? How many NFL teams? Pro baseball and basketball?
There is no Nebraska st or Nebraska tech. There are no NFL teams. No pro basketball, baseball or hockey.
There is only the University of Nebraska anchored by the football program. It has been this way for 125 years. Kids grow up bleeding Husker red. It is the passion of the state. The one thing we all have in common, and discuss. Our passion is contagious. All the kids from surrounding states have came to Nebraska if they had the goods for a hundred years. Creates strong fan support around Nebraska. We have always recruited nation wide. Kids from all over the country play here while their hometown watches. This has created a fan base in every state over the decades.
Our investment in the campus and facilities are among the best in the country. We bow to no one in that regard.
It's in our culture, built into our DNA. That's why we have not been on top in 15 years, yet the drive, the hunger, is as strong as ever. It is 125 years in the making.
Black Friday we will sell out again and fill 92,000 to watch our team play a game not because the outcome will have great consequences, but because it is Nebraska. Millions more will view it from the watch sites set up for Husker fans in every major city. It is the passion that can not be bought sold or substituted.
That is why we are not Iowa St. Wisconsin, or Oregon.

...if he goes to Nebraska it's not because he feels an allegiance and deep love for Nebraska....it'll be for the money..and I wouldn't blame him

There are a lot of reasons in what you quoted for Frost to stay, but I came to the opposite conclusion of what you're saying here.

If he leaves for money, he will go to a place like Florida where it's easy to find recruits. I don't think he will do that this year.

The reasons for him to come to Nebraska are related to the fact that he grew up here and played here and has friends and family here. It would be based almost entirely on "allegiance and deep love for Nebraska." I'm not saying he'd take an offensively low salary, but it wouldn't be about the money.

There’s probably 50 head coaches that could come to UCF and win based on location alone. Nebraska hangs their hopes on one. My God what a fall.*

Reactions: drays21
Then UCF is fine without Frost.

"I left Texas A&M because my school called me. Mama called,
and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running." -Bear Bryant

Frost won't leave UCF for just the money.

I'm confident many fans from each of the schools you mentioned feel they have the same "drive, hunger, etc." about their alma mater.

You make it sound like Husker fans are more rabid and devoted than the fans of programs like Wisconsin and many other schools. You're entitled to your opinion and I respect Nebraska, but Nebraska does not have the market cornered on tradition and having the most loyal fans.

My point was about their location and recruiting disadvantages.

Last edited:
Then UCF is fine without Frost.

"I left Texas A&M because my school called me. Mama called,
and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running." -Bear Bryant

Frost won't leave UCF for just the money.
Just like he wouldn't jilt his "beloved" Momma Nebraska and commit to Stanford when he was getting recruited as a HS QB. :flushed: So much for that Nebraska "love" ...he may go, but for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There are a lot of reasons in what you quoted for Frost to stay, but I came to the opposite conclusion of what you're saying here.

If he leaves for money, he will go to a place like Florida where it's easy to find recruits. I don't think he will do that this year.

The reasons for him to come to Nebraska are related to the fact that he grew up here and played here and has friends and family here. It would be based almost entirely on "allegiance and deep love for Nebraska." I'm not saying he'd take an offensively low salary, but it wouldn't be about the money.

The bluebloods at Florida may not even offer him. Chip Kelly and Dan Mullen are rumored front runners.

Again , he spurned all that "allegiance and deep love for Nebraska" once before when he went to Stanford out of HS. He'll go for an offensively high salary. He won't give Nebraska a home town discount if he goes. Sorry, not that much love there. [/QUOTE]

There’s probably 50 head coaches that could come to UCF and win based on location alone. Nebraska hangs their hopes on one. My God what a fall.*

Let's see the last time Nebraska went 0-12 in a season was.......NEVER, so much for your great location!

I'm confident many fans from each of the schools you mentioned feel they have the same "drive, hunger, etc." about their alma mater.

You make it sound like Husker fans are more rabid and devoted than the fans of programs like Wisconsin and many other schools. You're entitled to your opinion and I respect Nebraska, but Nebraska does not have the market cornered on tradition and having the most loyal fans.

My point was about their location and recruiting disadvantages.

Nebraska has the most passionate fans in college football...and that includes Alabama and Notre Dame. If those schools were having a season like Nebraska is having this year they would be playing home games in half empty stadiums.

Just like he wouldn't jilt his "beloved" Momma Nebraska and commit to Stanford when he was getting recruited as a HS QB. :flushed: So much for that Nebraska "love" ...he may go, but for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep and then he went to Nebraska..

Guess what might happen?

Meh, you douchebags will never get the stink out of booing him off the field off of you no matte how much you wash. That betrayal will never be forgotten. He will probably go back to NU, but it will not be because of the two faced fan base. Remember, he wouldn't give 2 cents for any of you.

Allegiance would be quitting on these players after only 2 years?

Allegiance would be quitting on these players after only 2 years?

To be fair, if he moves on at any point he'll be leaving players then too.

I would hold a meeting and pick out guys at random until I've asked them all; "If an NFL GM walked into the room right now and offered you a multi million dollar contract, would you take it? Is it your dream to play in the NFL?"

I'm not a betting man but I bet you that most would reply in the affirmative.

Would not be hard to get understanding from the guys.

Last edited:
To be fair, if he moves on at any point he'll be leaving players then too.

I would hold a meeting and pick out guys at random until I've asked them all; "If an NFL GM walked into the room right now and offered you a multi million dollar contract, would you take it? Is it your dream to play in the NFL?"

I'm not a betting man but I bet you that most would reply in the affirmative.

Would not be hard to get understanding from the guys.

Funny how your leading argument from Frost for leaving is "if you were offered a multi million dollar contract?:" Thank you for finally admitting to my argument.

Why isn't his best pitch, "if you got a chance to coach at your "beloved" school?"....

It's not your leading argument because it wouldn't be the reason.....the reason he'd leave UCF is for the money, not because he looooooooves Nebraska, looooooves the fans, loooooves Tom Osborne, loooooves corn, or looooves the tooth fairy...it would be about the money and having the financial security of the long term contract he needs to rebuild Nebraska.

Frost may leave (and he may stay), but he's not some teenager making career decisions based on nostalgia. He won't leave unless he's paid handsomely and has a long term contract in hand. If he leaves, it'll be because he's raped Nebraska financially.

Last edited:
Frost is coaching UCF in 2018.

He's not leaving his newborn son in Nebraska, while he travels all over the country recruiting. He can't wait to get home as it is and spend the few precious hours with his son and wife who loves Orlando.

Nebraska has the most passionate fans in college football...and that includes Alabama and Notre Dame. If those schools were having a season like Nebraska is having this year they would be playing home games in half empty stadiums.

You may want to go to some of Nebraska's away games so you can see how much tradition and pride other fans have as well.

Nebraska isn't even in the top 10 according to this article. Alabama, Oklahoma and even Wisconsin rank higher. This is based on total number of social media engagements data, not based on an author's opinion or voting from fans.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/2017-fan-index-week-4-ranking-the-best-fan-bases-in-college-football
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/2017-fan-index-week-4-ranking-the-best-fan-bases-in-college-football

ADVERTISEMENT