ADVERTISEMENT

Once upon a time in Hollywood

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Probably the best movie of all time. It's the perfect blend of fiction and non-fiction, just the right amount of creative liberty, pays homage to so many prior artists including Tarantino, has some of the best acting I've ever seen, and completely leads you to think the end isn't going to be what it is.

I dont know how much time Tarantino spent researching the back stories of the characters and making them fit into the storyline but it was worth it.

Thanks, Crazy. It's on my list now. Any other Netflix/Amazon/Hulu recommendations?

Starting with Season 1, I've been binge-watching my way through the 'It's always Sunny in Philadelphia' series. I hadn't become aware of it until recently. It's one of the raunchiest -- and funniest -- sitcoms I've ever seen. It features the kind of twenty-something white male dickhead humor that you probably want to watch without the wifey. :)

Another show on my watch list is Tiger King on Netflix. I've heard it's one of the crazier docs ever made.

If you like video games, there's a fun sitcom about the industry on Apple+ called Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet. It started a bit slow but got progressively better through season 1 and the season finale rocked.

Last edited:
Thanks, Crazy. It's on my list now. Any other Netflix/Amazon/Hulu recommendations?

Starting with Season 1, I've been binge-watching my way through the 'It's always Sunny in Philadelphia' series. I hadn't become aware of it until recently. It's one of the raunchiest -- and funniest -- sitcoms I've ever seen. It features the kind of twenty-something white male dickhead humor that you probably want to watch without the wifey. :)

Another show on my watch list is Tiger King on Netflix. I've heard it's one of the crazier docs ever made.

If you like video games, there's a fun sitcom about the industry on Apple+ called Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet. It started a bit slow but got progressively better through season 1 and the season finale rocked.

I dont really watch much TV anymore and kind of just recycle movies that I've already seen when I'm bored so I dont have any other recommendations.
Regarding the movie:
You're probably old enough to know about the sharon tate/Roman polanski/Charles Manson deal so you'll probably have a good grasp on the background of the movie, but the details that he uses in the storyline go way beyond just being a documentary and his use of creative liberty is the perfect blend of subtle and ridiculous. Every character has some level of historical accuracy but he changed the storyline in a way that you wouldn't expect.

Time to start watching movies. I may got the ESPN 30 for 30 route first.

I enjoyed the movie too. But as far as Tarantino movies that combine fact with fiction... I truly enjoyed "Inglourious Basterds" and thought Brad Pitt was more deserving of the Oscar in that film. Some of Tarantinos' movies are dissapointing to me but that one I highly recommend. Never understood the unusual spelling in the title, though. Does anyone have any insight on that?

I enjoyed the movie too. But as far as Tarantino movies that combine fact with fiction... I truly enjoyed "Inglourious Basterds" and thought Brad Pitt was more deserving of the Oscar in that film. Some of Tarantinos' movies are dissapointing to me but that one I highly recommend. Never understood the unusual spelling in the title, though. Does anyone have any insight on that?
Inglorious basterds was complete fiction other than the inclusion of Hitler and Himmler. This one drew so many real storylines into it that it was much more compelling. FTR, I loved inglorious basterds but it doesnt hold a candle to this one.

Watch the movie and then read about the real life people involved in the Manson family, and then watch it again. He placed the same people into the storyline but in some cases reversed the details. For example, when Cliff goes back to his car and the tire was slashed, and then beats the hell out of the guy, the guy he beat up actually killed the stuntman who confronted him in real life. The subtle reference to Natalie Wood goes almost unnoticed. DiCaprio's character was based on several real life people with real life events that could be missed.

Brockmire is my favorite new show...that’s on its 4th season. It is hilarious, well written and even has a pretty good 3 season arc for a comedy. Hank Azeria is amazing.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Starting with Season 1, I've been binge-watching my way through the 'It's always Sunny in Philadelphia' series. I hadn't become aware of it until recently. It's one of the raunchiest -- and funniest -- sitcoms I've ever seen.

Wait until season 12. Hero or Hate Crime may be my favorite episode. It's a perfect encapsulation of all their characters. You also get to hear words said on basic cable that you would never have thought. Better yet, skip right to it and watch it now.

Wait until season 12. Hero or Hate Crime may be my favorite episode. It's a perfect encapsulation of all their characters. You also get to hear words said on basic cable that you would never have thought. Better yet, skip right to it and watch it now.
It's hard to believe that the gang could be any more dickish or disgusting than they already are in Season 3. But I heard a youtube review of the show that mentioned a Dee stunt that I find impossible to believe (until I see it.)

To be honest, it's easy to picture the characters of Dennis, Mac, Charlie, or Frank writing many of the posts I read here. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT