ADVERTISEMENT

One-On-One with UCF's bball Rokas Ulvydas

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
"I feel like if I can get a shot off against Tacko I can get a shot off against anybody."

http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/7/17/-m-basketball-one-on-one-rokas-ulvydas.aspx?path=mbball

Rokas could be an X factor for us. A 6'11 eastern European - stretch 4 is something not too many players ever see.

What is really interesting is that our new Assistant Coach, Vince Taylor, was Rokas' position coach at Texas Tech. And Rokas left when Tubby Smith left to go to Memphis - a team who we have only beat a couple of times.

I'm going to be pulling for him to get 8+ minutes a game. Watching his HS highlights, he can shoot, has the athleticism to drive, and can pass!

Personally, I think, passing better may be our biggest opportunity for improvement.

"I feel like if I can get a shot off against Tacko I can get a shot off against anybody."

http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/7/17/-m-basketball-one-on-one-rokas-ulvydas.aspx?path=mbball

Rokas could be an X factor for us. A 6'11 eastern European - stretch 4 is something not too many players ever see.

What is really interesting is that our new Assistant Coach, Vince Taylor, was Rokas' position coach at Texas Tech. And Rokas left when Tubby Smith left to go to Memphis - a team who we have only beat a couple of times.

I'm going to be pulling for him to get 8+ minutes a game. Watching his HS highlights, he can shoot, has the athleticism to drive, and can pass!

Personally, I think, passing better may be our biggest opportunity for improvement.
Has anyone seen him play? Is he aggressive or other?

Twin towers. Nice footwork, good hands, pretty spin moves to the basket. Can we handle SMU and Cincy frustrating, deliberate offense and airtight defense? I just hope Dawkins unleashes a full-court press to deprive them of clock time their offense needs (5 passes). That will be the key to winning the conference and getting a decent seeding in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT