ADVERTISEMENT

One Stop Portal Shop

Plus Duggan is leaving. QB will be an unknown.
QB is Chad Morris's son so it doesn't matter who the receivers are.

Excited Loop GIF

w J Flash at this point figures he either has a good year but if not he is near family and probably has some friends at or near TCU

he is an example of what I mentioned before in the portal discussion how some of these players have success at a place , are settled at a University socially, and throw that all away bc you think the grass is greener. The Ole Miss move was a complete waste of time

Soooo, Bula Schmidt and Drake Metcalf are both career centers.... Why sign both? Are we looking for one of them to play guard? Just wondering what is the plan, if anyone has heard?
It was stated that Metcalf can play guard too. He has 3 years of eligibility, Bula only has one if I’m not mistaken. Maybe they compete and best man wins, or Metcalf plays guard this year and moves to center the 2 years after? I don’t know much about this new guy, but on paper it seems like he was an excellent pickup with 3 years of eligibility. Nice win!

Last edited:
Soooo, Bula Schmidt and Drake Metcalf are both career centers.... Why sign both? Are we looking for one of them to play guard? Just wondering what is the plan, if anyone has heard?
Schmidt is a multi year starter. Metcalf was a star for Coach Negro at Bosco, but has done nothing of substance at Stanford. I think Hand hopes to develop Metcalf for 2024.

We can’t afford to buy players because we haven’t been around as a Power 5 program for 75+ years and we have a very young alumni base who haven’t reached their peak earning years…yet we‘ve been able to compete with P5 programs for years.

Large and small Central Florida businesses will want to associate themselves with our program and make NIL deals with our players….we haven‘t even joined the Big XII yet and already boast a better recruiting class than half the conference.

UCF is Orlando’s hometown team..NIL $$$ is coming.
Yes, the NIL $$$$ is coming in for UCF. FInally!

Is that what the fans want to do with their money? Spend on players in hope that they contribute and don't transfer in the future.
I personally will never give money to an NIL fund. That should not be the fan’s responsibility, should be sponsors and the schools or the extremely wealthy boosters if they choose. It’s a joke we are being asked to fund the team.

I personally will never give money to an NIL fund. That should not be the fan’s responsibility, should be sponsors and the schools or the extremely wealthy boosters if they choose. It’s a joke we are being asked to fund the team.
A "regular fan" NIL sponsorship could be created with little effort. Imagine if every UCF team site offered an optional additional charge of 39 cents a day, which could be forwarded directly to UCF's NIL conglomerate. Just 39 cents. Less than the price of a small cup of coffee could make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
We need to turn Jeff baeso, Elon, and gates into ucf fans. Maybe subliminal messages over the next few years?

NIL is for self promotion not hand outs and that's what it seems to becoming schools should be able to help but should be up to players to sell themselves

Ever hear of player injuries? Bula has one year left. The other kid has 3. You bring in any talent you can, and figure it out later. You don’t have a choice now with portal chaos.

Reactions: tjb74
Is that what the fans want to do with their money? Spend on players in hope that they contribute and don't transfer in the future.
Not me. Money spent on football (and basketball) is entertainment…and it’s not insignificant. I’m not giving a dime to any NIL collective if the purpose is to just pay kids. I will plead ignorance on not understanding the purpose of these "collectives". I haven't done any research at all. It really doesn’t matter anyways. Basically, you’re taking your money, piling it up and burning it, with nothing to show for it. You have no idea where “your” dollar goes. Don’t ask us to “invest” in players like we get something in return. I mean, if me giving $50 to some NIL collective is proven to keep a kid from transferring, let me know when that happens. The amount of money being thrown around already is far above what normal people could fund. Also, with money, there should be the expectations of strings attached for the players.

Fans shouldn’t be involved at all in paying kids….none. I mean, it’s not like when the Bucs need to sign a FA they hold a press conference and ask the public for donations. If this is the case (conceptually) it is already a very failed and flawed concept.

Last edited:
Not me. Money spent on football (and basketball) is entertainment…and it’s not insignificant. I’m not giving a dime to any NIL collective if the purpose is to just to pay kids. Honestly, I don’t know what the purpose of ours (or any is) if it is not that. It really doesn’t matter anyways. Basically, you’re taking your money, piling it up and burning it, with nothing to show for it. You have no idea where “your” dollar goes. Don’t ask us to “invest” in players like we get something in return. I mean, if me giving $50 to some NIL collective is proven to keep a kid from transferring, let me know when that happens. The amount of money being thrown around already is far above what normal people could fund. Also, with money, there should be the expectations of strings attached for the players.

Fans shouldn’t be involved at all in paying kids….none. I mean, it’s not like when the Bucs need to sign a FA they hold a press conference and ask the public for donations. If this is the case (conceptually) it is already a very failed and flawed concept.
I was going to bring up the Pro thing too. Fans aren’t offering them money to come to or stay on their favorite team. Why is college doing it?

it is a difficult sell when they can take the money and transfer 11 months later
One of my issues with this....plus I was on the kingdom site the other day and the smallest package was $6,000. Can the guy at least come over now and then to wash my Lamborghini.....LOL

Reactions: mattropolis
I don't want to give, but I intend to. It's just the State of College Football for NOW...

This whole NIL madness is about to be legislated and regulated.

For what it's worth, The Kingdom is really methodical and strategic on how they spend their $$$. For the most part, deals were cut with players who stuck it out with us, not the ones who bailed. Let's take care of our own first and then deal with transfers later.

ADVERTISEMENT