ADVERTISEMENT

Orange County State Attorney Election

Hoops McKnight*

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2001
So why would a George Soros affiliated organization contribute $1M to defeat Jeff Ashton? Wife of a convicted felon. It was 60% of her contributions. What's in it for them? Not that I like Ashton

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Better question is Ashton seemed to be a somewhat popular incumbent, so how did he lose? Certainly he had more name recognition than his opponent, and pretty much hadn't been involved in many public scandals. Incumbents win more often than not, especially if there's nothing obvious against them. Throwing money at the election for an unknown is one thing, but how on Earth did Ashton lose?

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Better question is Ashton seemed to be a somewhat popular incumbent, so how did he lose? Certainly he had more name recognition than his opponent, and pretty much hadn't been involved in many public scandals. Incumbents win more often than not, especially if there's nothing obvious against them. Throwing money at the election for an unknown is one thing, but how on Earth did Ashton lose?

It obviously only took one Ashley Madison scandal.

Was he part of that? And of course some may not forgive him for losing the Casey Anthony trial.

My memory isn't the greatest but I think he was. If people were upset about Casey, he would have never gotten elected the 1st time around.

Guessing the voters went from sympathy for losing to upset about Ashley Madison. I don't know I didn't vote.

He's an idiot. He made a name for himself learning DNA before Simpson. He tried to do the same thing in Anthony by getting other types of evidence admitted for the first time.

He should have been skewered during his previous election for wasting time bringing in a university professor who works with dead bodies to say he smells dead bodies all the time and he has the unique power to smell pieces of the rug from her trunk and know a dead body had been stored there. He tried to make that trial about him and not only failed at that goal but lost the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT