ADVERTISEMENT

orange man = bad economy

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...s-latest-record-breaking-month-100th-in-a-row

The US jobs market has now added jobs for a record 100 months in a row – shaking off last month’s government shutdown to add 304,000 jobs over January.

The streak of job creation began in October 2010 and is more than twice as long as the previous record breaking run of 48 months that ended in June 1990.

In January the unemployment rate ticked up slightly to 4% and is now close to lows unseen since the 1960s.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...s-latest-record-breaking-month-100th-in-a-row

The US jobs market has now added jobs for a record 100 months in a row – shaking off last month’s government shutdown to add 304,000 jobs over January.

The streak of job creation began in October 2010 and is more than twice as long as the previous record breaking run of 48 months that ended in June 1990.

In January the unemployment rate ticked up slightly to 4% and is now close to lows unseen since the 1960s.
Congrats to Donald Trump on his 100 months of presidency!

Its not all good news :-(
Mic laid off 100
Huffpo laid off 800
Buzzfeed laid off 200
Gannett news laid off a lot but couldnt find a count
Vice Media will lay off 250

perhaps they should learn to code.

The longest job creation run is due to the sheer deficit spending. We've printed money and multiplied it in ways we'll never be able to pay back ... unless we have massive inflation.

Because if the economy were tanking right now you and your buddies would be assigning 100% of the blame to Trump

So no, we are two years into the Trump Admin and policies were passed to ignite growth we didn’t have before. Trump gets the credit just as you’d surely be throwing around blame otherwise

Reactions: UCFWayne
Because if the economy were tanking right now you and your buddies would be assigning 100% of the blame to Trump

So no, we are two years into the Trump Admin and policies were passed to ignite growth we didn’t have before. Trump gets the credit just as you’d surely be throwing around blame otherwise

I didn’t say Trump doesn’t get credit for keeping it going.

I’m quite happy with the economy.

I’m asking does Obama get credit for the vast majority of those positive job growth months?

Reactions: NinjaKnight

i believe there is a thread dedicated to downturns in the stock market that they give all the credit to trump. they only want to blame trump when it goes down but suddenly its obama helping when it goes up.

the truth is obama saw growth. it was small and steady but growth none the less. the growth has been better under trump.

Reactions: knightbeer
Didn't have before? I'm no math wizard but 100 straight months of growth (8.3 years worth) would indicated that we DID have it before.

Obama most years only got 1-2% gdp growth. Never hit 4%, but he was a great community organizer. What do you expect with his only job working at a ice cream shop.

Reactions: knightbeer
Obama most years only got 1-2% gdp growth. Never hit 4%, but he was a great community organizer. What do you expect with his only job working at a ice cream shop.

This from a guy who supports the absolute worst President in our lifetime.

Didn't have before? I'm no math wizard but 100 straight months of growth (8.3 years worth) would indicated that we DID have it before.

Color me shocked you have no idea what the difference between tepid growth and growth that you'd normally expect following a recession.

We grew slower out of the 2009 recession that we've ever grown out of any other recession.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I never got a reply to this. While not understanding basics of how liquids freeze you also don't understand annual vs quarterly GDP growth.

I never got a reply to this. While not understanding basics of how liquids freeze you also don't understand annual vs quarterly GDP growth.

Ok, then explain it and tell us what the annual growth was for 2018 vs the obama years.

Already hit 3.4 and it doubled since he started. Might go down a bit for the quarter with the shut down.

I already stated liquids can freeze in less than 10 mins in sub zero weather. Whatever though....nobody is carrying around a jug of bleach and rope to "attack" someone to only leave a scratch.

Already hit 3.4 and it doubled since he started. Might go down a bit for the quarter with the shut down.

I already stated liquids can freeze in less than 10 mins in sub zero weather. Whatever though....nobo no is carrying around a jug of bleach and rope to "attack" someone to only leave a scratch.
4.27.18.png

I already stated liquids can freeze in less than 10 mins in sub zero weather. Whatever though....nobody is carrying around a jug of bleach and rope to "attack" someone to only leave a scratch.
3790_2.png

You can see all the graphs for yourself. Trump has done nothing extraordinary. Hasn't hit 4% annual GDP. Obama hit higher quarterly GDP several times. Again this is just you getting your news from places that are biased and not being smart enough to recognize it.

Ugh. The metrics change. Have to look deeper than just the overview
And you'll not be happy until we massage the numbers to get the results to where you want them. The results are the results and you can explain them away however you want but they arent changing.

lol other than artificially boosting the output of the corporations which is what creates the GDP....while massively adding to the deficit. Sure.
Um, no. The deficit also has nothing to do with gdp. It isnt about profits, its a simple measure of supply and demand, but predominantly supply.

Gross domestic PRODUCT. it's what the country produces as a whole. The issue with the metrics is that they dont take into account the overall money supply because so many of our dollars leave the country immediately and don't come back for a while, but it still affects demand.

Lets say that corn prices go up 100% this year, leading to an increase of 5% GDP. All things being equal thats a great thing, but if we have devalued our currency 100% then it isnt growth. Or, conversely lets say that oil prices go down because OPEC increased supply. That makes our oil less valuable so their product goes down. Still the same consumption, just not bringing in as many dollars. Or what about when China devalues their currency and draws money out of the US because of cheaper products?

There are just so many variables that go into determining the health of our economy that a basic measure like GDP isnt valid, and its compounded by the fact that we are the world's reserve currency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT