ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Sentinel: UF-UCF Emails

CoachKnight10

Three-Star Recruit
Jun 10, 2011
I'm sick of this crap as much as the next guy but can someone clear this up because this is getting annoying. Everyone keeps saying the offer to us was for Citrus Bowl but it doesn't say that in these emails. Here are the emails

UF said “like USF” contract. That is very low payouts and 2-1 with the 1 at nuetral Pirate Ship NFL stadium.

[Other sources noted UF had asked for 15,000 visitor tickets (way above normal) and they know they can gobble up half the stadium on the secondary market. That is a nuetral site game. Not a home game.]

• They didn’t have to explicitly say 2-1 and at Citrus Bowl for the 1. It was known.
  • Plus DW knows this from trying to schedule other games
Most importantly....even if we say the 1 was definitely at The Bounce House....once he said “like USF” it was a no-go bc the financial guarantee payouts are crazy low. Like 3x for sure low and maybe as much as 6x low for the road games.

Reactions: Knight_Light
PR distraction stunt by UF, nothing more. Bianchi is doing public information requests now? That's some investigative journalism right there.

Now we just need a public information request for the CFI committee notes/minutes. Oh wait, for some reason they don't keep those, unlike any other important meeting in the world that takes place.

The Dan LeBatard Show was talking about UCF and UF. Hour 3 first 10 minutes.

One of the background guys 'Billy' was mostly trashing UCF. Dan took UCF's side and said he doesn't blame using the negotiation tactic while the Program is hot. Stugotz thinks it's a publicity stunt to get the Playoffs to 8 teams.

to be honest I'd rather keep doing deals with Pac teams even though it's farther, SEC fans suck.

For example an Oregon 1-1 would be awesome & Cristobal might want it since he recruits Florida so much. The Pacific Northwest in September is nice
yeah the only problem is that the Pac 12 only has 3 OOC games and they're booked up for the foreseeable future (pre 2025).

Reactions: Knight_Light
There are plenty of other teams to play. UF knows it's a very real possibility of losing. The impact on recruiting and branding from a a loss to UCF is waaaaaaay worse than the short term bad look of ducking us.
ESPN has put in a lot of work to build an image that the SEC is practically the NFL and everyone else is JV. Which is comical, because college football is at a level of parity never before seen.

To uphold this image, UF would have to win by 30+ points. I'm not sure UF could win by 30+ points if UCF took a knee on every snap. So they're setting themselves up for failure by even scheduling a game. That's why they're not interested in a single neutral site game.

I get it from UF's perspective too - they just unceremoniously bent over an AAC team in FL for a 2-1 with the 1 being at a neutral site. That same AAC team is now also accepting 2-1s with the likes of Louisville, so why would UF take a deal that isn't tilted in their favor from another AAC school? usf is out there giving up the booty for free making things more complicated.

I get it from UF's perspective too - they just unceremoniously bent over an AAC team in FL for a 2-1 with the 1 being at a neutral site. That same AAC team is now also accepting 2-1s with the likes of Louisville, so why would UF take a deal that isn't tilted in their favor from another AAC school? usf is out there giving up the booty for free making things more complicated.
Agree. I also don't think a 1 and 1 series between us makes financial sense for UF.

We should just reach out to FSU. Offer to play them 1 for 1. If sales looked good, we could even do the old Tangerine Bowl and maybe get on ABC. Would prefer Spectrum but if UCF could get $2MM there vs less money at home then I say go for it! I just want to see UCF make bank on getting some big teams to come to Orlando. I would love to see Heupel and Shannon whoop the Nebraska University at Lincoln team. Maybe in 2020/1? Maybe Frost’s last year/ got seat year?

I just want to see UCF wipe the floor with these blue blood teams. If we are going to be treated like a FCS team, we should at least get paid.

I hate the idea of giving in to a 2 for 1 in general but I could see the case if it was at Spectrum. However, a 2 for 1/2 at the Citrusdump is a hell no.

Reactions: rainman614
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT