ADVERTISEMENT

OS: UCF mistakenly sent incorrect data to NCAA, spokesman says

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0200115-7igya7h25bddjans2fbzqhpyoy-story.html

So apparently we misreported Graduation Success Rate to the NCAA for years.

Article goes on to specify:
“There was no advantage to anyone by reporting it incorrectly — it was just a mistake,” Schlueb said.

No UCF employees received bonuses, raises or performance pay as a result of the incorrect data, he said.

This kinda rubbed me the wrong way because it was well known O’Leary had all kinds of bonus structure in his contracts and I remembered academics were a factor... and sure enough...

2011 O’Leary received $55,000 for GSR. Now the timeline doesn’t match. The academic misreporting happened 2014-2017 but O’Leary was still the coach for 2014 and 2015. I find it a little hard to believe he didn’t have bonus language for academics still in his contracts during that timeframe.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...orge-oleary-contract-0107-20110106-story.html

Last edited:
Seriously, administration needs to get their shit together. I can't believe the steady stream of crap that is coming out. I know it will be hard but we need to clean house a bit. Fire those who let this happen under their watch.

I tried to stay at UCF but when I eventually talked to my boss about moving on he waited for everyone else to leave and told me it was probably the best thing for me because of everything that was going on with the misappropriation of funds, firing of Whittaker, and how all that drama was jamming up the rest of the universities' wants and needs. It's unacceptable.

I'm going to rant at the next foundation rep who calls asking for a donation.

Don't ask me how I'm doing and what I'm doing these days. What is admin doing these days? Who's getting fired?

JCYkCN.gif

You'd have to know the statues required percentage and the percentage of the football team during those years. This article just mentions student athletes in general, not just the football team.

Plus, even with the correct information it's a pretty good number. Keep it up and I will double the Statue's statues,

Reactions: Knight Strength
The article states at the bottom...

"On that measure, UCF’s student-athletes finished ninth in the country and first in Florida compared with the 78 Football Bowl Subdivision schools playing in bowl games this postseason, Schlueb said."

Still top 10 and #1 in FL

Go Knights!!

The article states at the bottom...

"On that measure, UCF’s student-athletes finished ninth in the country and first in Florida compared with the 78 Football Bowl Subdivision schools playing in bowl games this postseason, Schlueb said."

Still top 10 and #1 in FL

Go Knights!!
Cue the outrage. Like that time we spent repair funds from the state to rebuild a condemned building. Some of these people need to go find a real scandal

Reactions: Knight Strength
9th in the country, ohG we really need to worry about this! A mistake, ohg no one on earth ever makes a mistake. Kill somebody! 3 out of the 4 years were audited by the NCAA, with no problems found. Meanwhile, Penn St is Sanduskying somebody right now.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Seriously, administration needs to get their shit together. I can't believe the steady stream of crap that is coming out. I know it will be hard but we need to clean house a bit. Fire those who let this happen under their watch.

I tried to stay at UCF but when I eventually talked to my boss about moving on he waited for everyone else to leave and told me it was probably the best thing for me because of everything that was going on with the misappropriation of funds, firing of Whittaker, and how all that drama was jamming up the rest of the universities' wants and needs. It's unacceptable.

I'm going to rant at the next foundation rep who calls asking for a donation.

Oh! Don't say that too loudly on here or you'll be branded a non-fan.

Oh! Don't say that too loudly on here or you'll be branded a non-fan.
I think that only happens when 95% of your posts are about how our admin is corrupt, teams are terrible, America is evil, beefing with other posters, etc. It's about the negative post percentage rate.

Reactions: shacket
I love what education can do for people and love academia but its turned into an extremely competitive business that is run by politicians and government workers. They keep creating associate dean and other administrative positions so they can get more money from the state, all while pushing kids into online classes with ever increasing enrollments.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
Don’t do that... that rep was me, an 18 year old kid just trying to make a buck and getting yelled at by all sorts of old people because of this place that used to be called FTU... cruel.
Little turds can convey my message to Thad and Katie Seymore*

Reactions: Mazuru
ADVERTISEMENT