ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Always look both ways when first to enter an intersection (terrible accident in Winter Springs)

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
I guess I missed this last week when it happened, but saw some news reports today.

In Winter Springs last Tuesday around 10 a.m., there was a terrible t-bone crash at the intersection of 434 and Vistawilla (Tuscawilla neighborhood) by the Seminole Co. tax collector office.

A mom of three was t-boned by a woman who ran a red light. She registered a BAC of 0.386, five times the legal limit.

The mom died instantly, the two kids in the back seat had minor injuries but will be OK (physically).

They later released video and it appears like the woman must have been doing 70+, hard to tell. Definitely faster than the posted 50.

It's a good reminder to always be diligent when crossing an intersection. It may not have made a difference here, not trying to cast blame because obviously the poor mom did nothing wrong.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago in Altamonte near the mall. I was going across 436 and a car didn't slow down at all, probably distracted by the I-4 signs (I really don't know). I slammed on the brakes hard, narrowly missing getting t-boned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News