ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cancer fundraiser for a 7 year old girl

Rick

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
A friend's seven-year-old granddaughter has Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). It's an inoperable and incurable brain cancer.

Seventy-five to 80% of DIPG patients don't survive 12 months, 90% don't survive 24 months, and only 5% make it to five years.

Vivian is her name, and she's a delight. She completed 30 radiation treatments and will have an MRI in the next few weeks to see how effective the treatments were.

The family is faithful and has incurred tremendous medical expenses. The future holds more of the same.

If it's on your heart to help, you can do so at this link. It also provides updates in case you'd like to learn more.

Here's a link to the DIPG Resource Network. It's very informative.

Thank you and God bless!
Rick

That’s very kind of you, but not surprising. I’ll dm the address.

Thanks and God bless.

I disagree with Nautiknight on most things and give him a lot of push back on his MAGA takes. But that said, I agree he's a good guy.

I'd happily join him at a sports bar for a beer to watch UCF play.
Thanks brother. I truly believe we are here to serve one another in the gifts we have. I am fairly successful in my business and I am a dad to a special needs kid who is 24 which by the way is facing some brain surgery this fall or sooner if it can be scheduled. My boy has had several surgeries through the years. I get it.

I hope my money helps save her life and ease the burden on the family and I hope my chocolate brings a smile and some much needed joy to them as well.

Thanks brother. I truly believe we are here to serve one another in the gifts we have. I am fairly successful in my business and I am a dad to a special needs kid who is 24 which by the way is facing some brain surgery this fall or sooner if it can be scheduled. My boy has had several surgeries through the years. I get it.

I hope my money helps save her life and ease the burden on the family and I hope my chocolate brings a smile and some much needed joy to them as well.
I can assure you Vivian and family will appreciate the gifts. thanks again.

I wrote a nice note with experiences I have had with my disabled son Kyle . I did share I have no words what they are going through and it's not fair at all that a 7 year old girl has to face this . I have not walked in those shoes just different ones .
I then said let's make life happy and what little girl doesn't like sweet treats and what mom doesn't love chocolate. I ended it with Go knights , Charge On! Never Yield.
I said never yield Vivian .

That never yield took on a whole new meaning when I went to the vigil for Lynn Cheek the UCF superfan and marching Knight alum who died of cancer recently . One of the guests speakers added that never yield to his story and said that Lynn never did to the very end. It was moving I borrowed that line and sent it to the family . I hope the money helps and the chocolates bring a light into their lives. Thank you Brain for bringing this to our universe. Chocolate being sent tomorrow.

Here's an update.

Please read the article, watch at least the first eight minutes of video segment 1, and pray, pray, pray.

Notice Vivian is peaceful. That's because and only because her faith is secure in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Nautiknight
ADVERTISEMENT