ADVERTISEMENT

[OT] Cert 2: ULA Vulcan-Centuar and Blue Origin BE-4 Perform ... NGC GEM 63XL Go Ugly Early

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Since there are already several, prior threads (wasn't sure which to pick). E.g.,
I'll start this new one for the Vulcan Cert #2 mission ...

To be honest, I though with Sierra Nevada, now Sierra Space, pushing the Dream Chaser launch back, the 2nd launch was also pushed back. I didn't realized they went ahead and launched an inert payload today.

Given ULA + Blue Origin BE-4 engine central are basically my homes now, and I know other Knights are here, it was great to see the full success of those solutions, especially given a Northrop-Grumman SRB (GEM 63XL) went ugly, early, about 38-39 seconds in, and then took another half-minute post-planned, nominal separation to actually separate.

I hear the BE-4 tests all-the-time here at Redstone-Marshall, whether they are made locally, or in Seattle in the past. It echos like a SoB, especialy with overcast, and even my wife can hear it at times much farther away. Just glad to see the US has more, domestic options for the national security directive, and is well away from using Russian engines for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.