ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Citrus Bowl to keep both upper decks CLOSED for Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl?

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I think this could be the first year that the Russell Athletics Bowl (WVU vs Miami on Wed Night) will draw more fans than the "old" Ctirus Bowl Game (Louisville vs LSU on NYE at 11 am).

One upper deck is open for Russell Athletics Bowl while none of the upper decks are open/selling tix for LSU/Louisville game. (Wonder if halftime performers will be placed in one upper deck?)

Louisville limps in coming off embarrassing loss at home to UK...while LSU's best player is taking their bowl game off.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I've always liked the Russell Athletic Bowl, weeknight kickoff at Sunset that usually has good matchups. Holgerson is a good coach, took him a little bit to adjust the roster to the Big12 but he has them going in the right direction now.

I heard that some Miami-WVU players almost got into a fight at a Charity Event

I was hoping when we joined the American during the last year of the BCS AQ, that we had a chance of playing in that bowl in the future.

I was hoping when we joined the American during the last year of the BCS AQ, that we had a chance of playing in that bowl in the future.
it's day/time slot is one of the best for casual fans in the area. 2-3 days before NYE where some have work off or half days and less conflict with significant others that don't want to plan New Years Eve/Day around a Football game.

I'm curious if the upper deck will ever get any kind renovation. What about a paint job?

Upper deck are just old empty bleachers....not high priced seats so I bet the continue to due just the minimum on them since they were built some 25 plus years ago (untouched from renovation).

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I'm curious if the upper deck will ever get any kind renovation. What about a paint job?

I think the goal is to tear it down and build suites plus a new upper decks when they get the money. Even adding real seats reduces the capacity of the stadium that already only holds 62,500.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I think this could be the first year that the Russell Athletics Bowl (WVU vs Miami on Wed Night) will draw more fans than the "old" Ctirus Bowl Game (Louisville vs LSU on NYE at 11 am).

One upper deck is open for Russell Athletics Bowl while none of the upper decks are open/selling tix for LSU/Louisville game. (Wonder if halftime performers will be placed in one upper deck?)

Louisville limps in coming off embarrassing loss at home to UK...while LSU's best player is taking their bowl game off.

I had a bad feeling about a 7 win LSU team. I thought that Tennessee would have been a better draw, they're closer and they love coming to Florida.

Upper deck are just old empty bleachers....not high priced seats so I bet the continue to due just the minimum on them since they were built some 25 plus years ago (untouched from renovation).
Well, they did remove the old bleachers, powerwash the concrete and install new ones, but yeah, it was a half-hearted effort, and, in contrast to the new lower bowl, a really bad look.

I think the goal is to tear it down and build suites plus a new upper decks when they get the money. Even adding real seats reduces the capacity of the stadium that already only holds 62,500.
A 60k all-seated Citrus Bowl looks better than 62k when 30% of the capacity is gray metal benches.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT