ADVERTISEMENT

OT: compression socks

beelit47

Silver Knight
Dec 4, 2017
Orlando,FL
was wondering if anyone has had success with compression socks for working out. I have been doing muay thai and circuit training for a little more than a decade and lately as i have approached 40 i have noticed pain in my calf muscles that is sometimes hard to walk on. I have worked alot with a chirpractor/massage therapist which helps but i cannot feasibly afford to go to them after each workout. Some peers have mentioned success with compression socks, specifically copper fit. Any insight would be helpful

If it's just pain then try some compression socks. If it includes swelling or shiny looking skin then see a doctor.

If it's just pain then try some compression socks. If it includes swelling or shiny looking skin then see a doctor.
Im going to see a doctor just in case since the prior posters have me feeling like death is imminent. The lack of swelling has me thinking it could be more of an injury related to repeated use

Compression socks do very much help me with my weekday stairs routine of 1,200-2,000 stair steps up. I don't have the calf pain I do versus when I don't wear them, and I'm wearing Bostonian dress shoes at work (we're not allowed to wear tennis shoes, not even on Friday).

Ironically, the best one I have were Christmas presents from my wife that she bought for a completely different reason.
Just figured I'd offer the link in case you find out who their supplier is, and what/who is the brand name / originating outfitter that makes them.

Back suckas. No Clot, just overworked calf. Got some graston technique done and will go back for another treatment in a week. The rest is ice and compression

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT