ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HBO Developing College "Hard Knocks" Series

I commented with this same thing in one thread. Have no idea which one. No one commented on it. I’d like it. Even if not HBO. Just our own production.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I commented with this same thing in one thread. Have no idea which one. No one commented on it. I’d like it. Even if not HBO. Just our own production.
That's the only way we'd get considered. You think the powers that be would prop up any non-P5 program....nope. Seems like the NCAA should nix this. It's an unfair competitive advantage. You can't commit to NFL teams. You get chosen. It's like a free recruiting tool, and you'd probably get paid on top of that. Now, if a school wants to spend its own budget to make one....that seems legit, but just having someone like HBO do it.....nah.

I mean, I just watched "The Quest Episode" (which is #17), and well, that is just as good as having a "Hard Knocks" show (as far as the production quality, etc...). It just needs to be propagated to the masses somehow, and something like HBO has a big, built-in audience.

Reactions: Knight Strength
That's the only way we'd get considered. You think the powers that be would prop up any non-P5 program....nope. Seems like the NCAA should nix this. It's an unfair competitive advantage. You can't commit to NFL teams. You get chosen. It's like a free recruiting tool, and you'd probably get paid on top of that. Now, if a school wants to spend its own budget to make one....that seems legit, but just having someone like HBO do it.....nah.

I mean, I just watched "The Quest Episode" (which is #17), and well, that is just as good as having a "Hard Knocks" show (as far as the production quality, etc...). It just needs to be propagated to the masses somehow, and something like HBO has a big, built-in audience.
Netflix would be cool too. Not sure why they aren’t trying.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
With closed practices and a very close to the vest way of operating there is NOOOOO WAY on gods green earth that CJH would EVER agree to participate in something like this.........

Reactions: ahabmw
Show time already had a series like this called A Season With. It followed Notre Dame, FSU, and then Navy. We actually play Navy in one of the episodes which is pretty cool.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I don't like it but I admit I'm an old hater. Being on the show will go to athletes heads while also profiting (even further) off their images without compensating them.

Reactions: Wings0fred
I love how these shows are produced, the ones for boxing are great.

I'd love to see a UCF version but our coaching staff likes to run things like an intelligence agency.

Show time already had a series like this called A Season With. It followed Notre Dame, FSU, and then Navy. We actually play Navy in one of the episodes which is pretty cool.
Man, I totally forgot about that, and I watched most of the FSU episodes. I guess it wasn't memorable. Still, it gives them free or paid for pub and that shouldn't be allowed in college football.

ADVERTISEMENT