ADVERTISEMENT

OT. How about Orlando City SC?

Happy Hands

Golden Knight
Sep 18, 2009
Just kidding.
O94sbHs.jpg

Such a cool sport, really. I'm not joking when I say that there exists a sport where teams rarely score more that 4 points a game combined and it is popular. Basically the players run up and down the field for an hour and a half and often flop about if they get kicked in the shin. Every team has a special scarf for the fans to wear.

Such a cool sport, really. I'm not joking when I say that there exists a sport where teams rarely score more that 4 points a game combined and it is popular. Basically the players run up and down the field for an hour and a half and often flop about if they get kicked in the shin. Every team has a special scarf for the fans to wear.
Described that way, you realize it combines tribalism, Hollywood acting, and fashion. It seems obvious it would be popular

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I have a hard time getting excited over any game where a score of 1-0 can be considered a blow-out.
the games in person are a lot of fun and they flow well with not many stops in play. That's the problem that the NFL and College Football going overboard with tv timeouts and what is or isn't a catch reviews.

Giiiiirrrrrlllll, I put on my little sash and go down there and watch these handsome young men in they little shorts getting sweaty and playing with their balls. Sports!
oQRjtgp.jpg

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
If not for this thread I would have no idea they won or even were playing. I don’t know any MLS fans. Also they don’t score points, they score goals. Anytime a score is worth more than 1 it is points. When it’s one it has a name. Run, goal etc.

If not for this thread I would have no idea they won or even were playing. I don’t know any MLS fans. Also they don’t score points, they score goals. Anytime a score is worth more than 1 it is points. When it’s one it has a name. Run, goal etc.

Soccer is exciting. Just cause their aren't many goals doesn't mean that there aren't many scoring opportunities.

The argue against soccer is like the SEC telling UCF to schedule better. It’s really old! People who give it a chance with an open mind usually enjoy the game and the skill the players have. All the player have to have quarterback level skills. Yes it is lower scoring because it is much more difficult to score. That being said- football is better on tv because you can cut out the commercials. Soccer is better live because you are done in 2 hours and it’s non stop action. Both footballs are full of actors and people who flop- gamesmanship at its worst!! But I like them both!!

The argue against soccer is like the SEC telling UCF to schedule better. It’s really old! People who give it a chance with an open mind usually enjoy the game and the skill the players have. All the player have to have quarterback level skills. Yes it is lower scoring because it is much more difficult to score. That being said- football is better on tv because you can cut out the commercials. Soccer is better live because you are done in 2 hours and it’s non stop action. Both footballs are full of actors and people who flop- gamesmanship at its worst!! But I like them both!!
You like MLS?

the games in person are a lot of fun and they flow well with not many stops in play. That's the problem that the NFL and College Football going overboard with tv timeouts and what is or isn't a catch reviews.

One of the few things I miss about going to UCF games that weren’t on TV was that they’d take 2-2.5 hours and not 3-4 hours.

The ABC games can be dreadfully long with all the TV timeouts.

One of the few things I miss about going to UCF games that weren’t on TV was that they’d take 2-2.5 hours and not 3-4 hours.

Back when the ESPN games were rare, and we weren't used to the TV timeouts, and the stadium production crew hadn't gotten good at keeping us entertained during the breaks, the TV timeouts seemed to take FOREVER.

They don't bother me so much anymore. They've gotten really good at increasing the production value of what's happening in the stadium, particularly during the breaks. There's no more "dead air" like before.

Soccer on turf isn't even a real sport.

Owner has enough cash to bring in a grass field for games. He should of done what they do in PHX...roll in/out different turfs. (Just like the new Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium that will have different turfs for NFL Games and Hotspurs games).

Soccer on turf isn't even a real sport.

Owner has enough cash to bring in a grass field for games. He should of done what they do in PHX...roll in/out different turfs. (Just like the new Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium that will have different turfs for NFL Games and Hotspurs games).
Is Hotspurs also a cowboyish bar? Don't let @KnighttimeJoe know about this name.

Turf is cheesy in soccer matches- Mercedes Benz. Looks stupid and is made fun of in the soccer world. In football, it’s oerfectly acceptable. I personally like that the bounce house has real grass. I loved getting dirty when I played sports.

True.. Really didn’t get into the sport until I started playing fifa. Didn’t score a goal for my first month.

Hopefully they figure it out soon. The OCSC fans deserve MUCH better than what they're receiving. Any other fair weather city would have gave up a long time ago. So do Magic fans.

I thought Hockey was kinda lame... then I moved to NYC and made some friends with Rangers fans, went to a few games, and fell in love with the sport. Low scoring, yet extremely exciting game, especially live.

I also thought soccer was lame as a spectator sport... but played it up through high school. Then, moved to Atlanta and went to a few ATL Utd games. Probably the most exciting sports atmosphere I've ever been in (even more than the Peach Bowl).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT