ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Inside McElwains final days as the Floriduh's coach

ucfversusbcs

Golden Knight
Oct 14, 2010
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...it-florida-gators-football-coach-jim-mcelwain

"It was never the right fit," a Florida source said of McElwain's head coaching tenure in Gainesville. "It was an odd fit from the beginning. He never embraced being here and being part of a team."
The program resorts to excuses and deflects when it comes to making bad decisions.

McElwain had pushed the administration for a standalone football facility, just as former Gators coaches Urban Meyer and Will Muschamp had done before him. While these comments irked Foley, sources close to McElwain say he was trying to modernize the program in the image of Alabama, where he had been an offensive coordinator under Nick Saban. The school finally announced a $100-million master facility plan in February, which would also include upgrades to the baseball and softball stadiums. A decision was reached to delay construction of the new football facility by a couple of years.

Why should Coach Frost leave only to butt heads with the administration just like Urban Meyer, Muschamp and McIlvaney did before him?

The problem is with the administration themself. If Frost goes to Florida, his career risks being ruined.

If Frost plays his cards right he can have the pick of the team he wants to coach down the road like FSU, Alabama or Georgia. Going to FSU would really hurt the rears of our OS gator friends :) He will probably take his time until the situation he wants opens up. I don't think Nebraska or UF have a chance.

If Frost plays his cards right he can have the pick of the team he wants to coach down the road like FSU, Alabama or Georgia. Going to FSU would really hurt the rears of our OS gator friends :) He will probably take his time until the situation he wants opens up. I don't think Nebraska or UF have a chance.
We're getting him so I'll send the tissues..

Are you kidding me? If Frosts stays even another year these guys will disappear so fast it will make your head spin. Then the excuses will come "he was not the guy we wanted" etc...

I'm sticking by my prediction that Frost waits 1-2 years for the Nebraska job to open up (as they show some loyalty to Riley), and then has the hard decision of waiting for a P5 invite for UCF, or fulfilling a dream of coaching his Alma Mater. It's going to be a tough choice for him.

I just wouldn't touch Gainesville at all. And I'd have to question if Nebraska is firing HCs after only 3 years as well, if it happens this year. We'll see. But I think he's staying 1-2 more years at a minimum.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
This is a pretty damning article and is making the case as to why any risk averse Coach might not want to take this job.

Most of that I already knew. UF's Former AD Foley wanted them to be the South's Stanford so he put so much focus on Olympic Sports and got too cocky that 'The Brand' alone would keep UF's Football Program elite while delaying facility upgrades. Meanwhile at FSU, around the SEC, and even at smaller budget UCF new facilities, modern apartment style dorms, indoor fields, and athletic village setups were being built to accommodate Football players to maximize their quality of life On Campus.

I remember seeing a recruiting article talking about Mac and UF missing on the top guys and they quoted on what I think was a Clemson commit where he said that he grew up wanting to be a Gator but then he visited & was really underwhelmed. It wasn't what he expected.

I saw that UF fans were claiming that other than the death threat fiasco is the other event that 'crossed the line' for the Boosters is Mac refusing to let Steve Spurrier work with the QBs. Don't they realize that all these Coaches have Egos & don't want that type of meddling in the middle of the season? You think Coach Frost wants George O'leary to walk in his office a few days after the defense had a bad game to tell him & his staff how to do their jobs?

We're getting him so I'll send the tissues..

Gator football is a dumpster fire and you are so pathetic you have to troll other teams boards. What a pathetic life you lead. I bet you didn't even go to UF. You are probably one of those toothless rednecks that likes the Gators.

Every time you try to insult us, you get it thrown back in your face 10 fold. UF is and has been a crappy program all around.

You should go to the Cornhole board and cry with them.

Gator football is a dumpster fire and you are so pathetic you have to troll other teams boards. What a pathetic life you lead. I bet you didn't even go to UF. You are probably one of those toothless rednecks that likes the Gators.

Every time you try to insult us, you get it thrown back in your face 10 fold. UF is and has been a crappy program all around.

You should go to the Cornhole board and cry with them.
I think he may enjoy the circle jerks over there too.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT