ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Michigan State mentioned in FBI's NCAA corruption probe

They'll "try" real hard like in the Miami investigation than will luckily come across some reason to attack their own investigation, or find some way to do a "troubling investigation", fire or reprimand the investigators and do very little to the universities. (That's just cynicism) Reality will show that they'll have no choice since the FBI is involved, they'll have to do something. That's what's great about this, some other official investigators are involved and not the cartel.

UNC was creating fake classes for players for decades. NCAA said, "well, regular students could also take the classes, so it's fine"

Never underestimate the NCAA's ability to dodge enforcement, when the school under investigation is a huge money maker.

The only thing that is different here that gives me any hope is that the FBI is doing the investigation. The last thing the NCAA wants is to give the FBI a reason to investigate them instead of the schools.

Most of the big money the players are gone. Not much will happen. Probably like our little short PG. Suspended for a few games if they are still in school.

Most of the big money the players are gone. Not much will happen. Probably like our little short PG. Suspended for a few games if they are still in school.

We vacated every win he played in. We lost scholarships for years. They actually came down pretty hard on us for a student getting a $500 from a friend that they never connected to UCF in anyway (ie not a booster).

Hopefully this is a prelude to bringing RICO charges against the powers that be in college sports. These are rats that have been running an unlawful monopoly for years.

Drain the P5 swamp.

We vacated every win he played in. We lost scholarships for years. They actually came down pretty hard on us for a student getting a $500 from a friend that they never connected to UCF in anyway (ie not a booster).
Didn’t he get a computer too? As well as the Jordan’s gave him thousands when they went to Vegas together? That’s all that was proven. He definitely wasn’t worth any penalty we got.

Add Arizona to the list:
FBI wiretaps of conversations between Sean Miller and sports agent runner Christian Dawkins caught the Arizona head coach discussing a $100,000 payment to lock up then-recruit Deandre Ayton, now a star freshman for the Wildcats.

https://deadspin.com/report-fbi-wiretaps-caught-sean-miller-discussing-100-1823287291

Local AZ Newspaper is calling for Miller to not coach in their game today and be fired ASAP.

But if you are UA President or AD, your #1 player was bought by your HC so your season (and future years) are already toast so just be arrogant and let them play and coach till the NCAA stops you.

Local AZ Newspaper is calling for Miller to not coach in their game today and be fired ASAP.

But if you are UA President or AD, your #1 player was bought by your HC so your season (and future years) are already toast so just be arrogant and let them play and coach till the NCAA stops you.
Is wiretapping legal? He is going to say it’s not him on tape anyway.

It seems odd to me that the FBI gets involved in stuff like this. Is it really a federal crime for a coach to break the NCAA's rules? Is it illegal to pay someone to go to your college?

Reactions: Knight Strength
It seems odd to me that the FBI gets involved in stuff like this. Is it really a federal crime for a coach to break the NCAA's rules? Is it illegal to pay someone to go to your college?

Financial Manager in Pittsburgh back in 2014 got busted for some serious crimes but he said "well, I have some illegal interstate commerce info you might like" and that's how FBI ended up looking at the sewer of college hoops.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Glad the FBI is spending time on college basketball and ignoring former high school students warning about wanting to shoot up a school. In the end, it’s freaking college basketball. Let the NCAA deal with all this BS
They are tougher than the FBI anyway.

This is why other countries like Russia and European countries laugh at us.

Financial Manager in Pittsburgh back in 2014 got busted for some serious crimes but he said "well, I have some illegal interstate commerce info you might like" and that's how FBI ended up looking at the sewer of college hoops.

So basically they are just investigating wire fraud, tax evasion type crimes. I suppose that makes sense, as opposed to the way it's being portrayed as a cheating or corruption investigation.

Shaquille O’Neal’s son, a top-30 prospect just decommited from Arizona

The coach will not be coaching and the freshman was declared ineligible. Disasterous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT