ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kentucky just got their 5th 5 star hoopster committed.

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
They also have a 4 star, in case their biggest signee decides to go pro this spring.

Who cares?....at least on this board.
Lets stay focused on UCF Nation.
I said OT. Why care? We beat ourselves up about not recruiting the best of the best, when one-done-team Kentucky gets a huge percentage of the 5 stars in basketball -- players going pro the following year!

We beat ourselves up about not recruiting the best of the best, when one-done-team Kentucky gets a huge percentage of the 5 stars in basketball -- players going pro the following year!

Seems like the board is a bit grumpy this morning, so let me just apologize ahead of time before asking this. Why don't UCF try to follow the same formula? Recruit for one and done.

Seems like the board is a bit grumpy this morning, so let me just apologize ahead of time before asking this. Why don't UCF try to follow the same formula? Recruit for one and done.
They don't want to go to UCF. They want Kentucky, Kansas, UNC and Duke. Every once in a while a couple other schools get them. We have virtually no chance for a top 20 basketball player.

Doesn't Kentucky have a special academic program for one and dones?
Actually, the one and dones only need study enough to demonstrate sufficient academic progress in their fall semester! That makes them eligible to play in the spring semester regardless. Thus, the one-and-done charade is really one-half and done. The last several weeks their second term is dedicated to securing an agent and working out to prepare for the NBA pro team meat market. Class studies or even attendance are the last things on their minds.

"We have virtually no chance for a top 20 basketball player."

Maybe we need to do what Pitino does and hire strippers and prostitutes for recruiting. Like what was the penalty for that? Seems like it is worth it. Pitino is still the coach and they still get good players. UCF gives a 5'6" player a laptop and gets 5 years probation. Loserville...did they getting any sanctions?

Reactions: HammerB08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT