ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Knights Out Pub Out

Classes are virtual for the immediate future still correct? wasn't much drinking going on anyway. Guess theres always downtown Orlando.

what a wack time to be in college.

RIP Summer B training wheels[smoke]*
giphy.gif

This is the type of news every business/school wants to avoid. If I was a university I would be trying to delay students returning to campus, it's inevitable it will spread in dorms and you don't want to be the first school to have an outbreak otherwise you will be all over the media.. Best case everyone is asymptomatic, but you are still labeled a COVID school and state is forced to take action (like the Pub). If you are the 5th school, you are lost in the shuffle and less likely to face additional scrutiny, and probably learn from others failures and show you attempted to address them.

Was at Pub one time near closing when it really packed. Went in the bathroom and all the urinals were busy so there was a guy just peeing on the floor in a corner.
Wait... pissing on the floor in the corner isn't a thing at Pub? That's been going on every time I go in there.

Somebody needs to tell that kid it isn't cool anymore.

Boy, flashback for me also. 85-89, knights out pub. pub burger and 25 cent beer happy hour. Promiscuous/drunk college girls & All you can eat salad bar at pizza-hut next door, and subway on the other side. My roommate in 85 was a bartender there. College slum heaven! Not too many other spots back then. Surprised to hear it is still open, er, now closed. Didn't it burn down a few years ago? Viva la Knight's Out Pub! #endflashback

In 95 or 96 Applebee’s was the spot to be on Thursday Nights. One place on University had bladder bust. Done place downtown had 10 cent beer. The bar that was by McDonalds had good darts and cheap beer on Sundays.

In 95 or 96 Applebee’s was the spot to be on Thursday Nights. One place on University had bladder bust. Done place downtown had 10 cent beer. The bar that was by McDonalds had good darts and cheap beer on Sundays.
Library was in the UC 7 shopping center RIP. Delaney's has been gone for maybe 8 years now. There was a respectable bar called Stagger Inn by the old CB&S book store but I think both of them closed down.

UCF has forced a lot of change to beautiful downtown east Orlando. Logans steakhouse shut down. Titted Kilt shut down. It's crazy to see Perkins shut down and turn into Culpeppers. Then Culpeppers shut down (or never even opened) and it was turned into Burgers and Beers (?). Then B&B shut down and turned into Freddy's which also shut down I think. Tons of places going out of business there but new ones are constantly taking over or building new buildings.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Library was in the UC 7 shopping center RIP. Delaney's has been gone for maybe 8 years now. There was a respectable bar called Stagger Inn by the old CB&S book store but I think both of them closed down.

UCF has forced a lot of change to beautiful downtown east Orlando. Logans steakhouse shut down. Titted Kilt shut down. It's crazy to see Perkins shut down and turn into Culpeppers. Then Culpeppers shut down (or never even opened) and it was turned into Burgers and Beers (?). Then B&B shut down and turned into Freddy's which also shut down I think. Tons of places going out of business there but new ones are constantly taking over or building new buildings.
I actually went to Culpeppers. Worst experience of my life. Too many ex jocks running the place. Was there 2 hours with 5 people and only my food came out an hour later after asking repeatedly when everyone else’s was coming out. Kids were tired but still hungry so had to go somewhere else to eat. Kids fell asleep and we brought food back to hotel. Took 35 minutes to get a drink order. He signed off on wrong people managing it. They were way over their heads. Got comped for the meal thank God but it was a bad experience.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I actually went to Culpeppers. Worst experience of my life. Too many ex jocks running the place. Was there 2 hours with 5 people and only my food came out an hour later after asking repeatedly when everyone else’s was coming out. Kids were tired but still hungry so had to go somewhere else to eat. Kids fell asleep and we brought food back to hotel. Took 35 minutes to get a drink order. He signed off on wrong people managing it. They were way over their heads. Got comped for the meal thank God but it was a bad experience.
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure a lot of the business issues around campus have to do with inexperience.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
This is the type of news every business/school wants to avoid. If I was a university I would be trying to delay students returning to campus, it's inevitable it will spread in dorms and you don't want to be the first school to have an outbreak otherwise you will be all over the media.. Best case everyone is asymptomatic, but you are still labeled a COVID school and state is forced to take action (like the Pub). If you are the 5th school, you are lost in the shuffle and less likely to face additional scrutiny, and probably learn from others failures and show you attempted to address them.
yep, every day somebody is "it" on Twitter. the goal is to never be it.

“Some of these cases involving younger individuals are expected to have originated from visits to bars, pubs, or nightclubs who have disregarded the restrictions set forth in Phase 2”

Go Knights!

Pub was/is(?) always the introductory Bar before you found out about the better spots.

if I was going to name a Mount Rushmore of top UCF Bars in their prime it would be Devaneys^2, Scoop, & Library. Library is the only one that still exists.

Reactions: ahabmw
if I was going to name a Mount Rushmore of top UCF Bars in their prime it would be Devaneys^2, Scoop, & Library. Library is the only one that still exists.

can we get an honorable mention for Pounders

also that place that was in the old place next to library that had good craft beer and love music. Smaller place. Forgetting the name

A few years ago there was a popular place called Mad Hatters. Typical college bar where the drinking age is flexible and girls can get hosed completely free.

If I heard correctly, they ended up shutting down because drunk patrons wanted to leave their cars parked in the parking lot but the owner of the shopping center towed for overnight parking. Another one bites the dust.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Anyone remember Tom's Point After? I liked that place but it may have also been called "Sweeney's" at one time. The proprietor was Tom Sweeney who was a faculty member at Oviedo High School back in the day but he also owned that bar/club. My Resident Advisor (Howard Isner) at UCF's Orange Hall knew him well because he also taught at Oviedo High and was taking classes at UCF for his Masters' degree.

Anyone remember Tom's Point After? I liked that place but it may have also been called "Sweeney's" at one time. The proprietor was Tom Sweeney who was a faculty member at Oviedo High School back in the day but he also owned that bar/club. My Resident Advisor (Howard Isner) at UCF's Orange Hall knew him well because he also taught at Oviedo High and was taking classes at UCF for his Masters' degree.
Where was it?

Was the point after just west of alafaya on 50? I remember some club there that hosted local and national rock acts there. I forget the name but that sounds familiar.

Was the point after just west of alafaya on 50? I remember some club there that hosted local and national rock acts there. I forget the name but that sounds familiar.

Yes... that was the general location but I could have swore it was on the north side of 50. But hey... It was college and I was in a frat. A lot of blank or fuzzy spaces in my memories!

Last edited:
Yes... that was the general location but I could have swore it was on the north side of 50. But hey... It was college and I was in a frat. A lot of blank or fuzzy spaces in my memories!
There was a Bar on Northeast Corner. And one on northwest. Can’t remember names though.

I remember Calico Jack's. Not sure when it opened. It was there in the 90s. But that was the south west corner.
The north west corner has a waffle house, papa John's, and hotel. I dont remember a bar being there but I know the papa John's went in in the ops so maybe it was there before. Or you guys could be talking about a little further west.
The main UCF bar I know of was Devaneys. North east corner in the same shopping center as the old Publix.

The good old days of Scoop and Library. But the real pros (after turning 21) went to dollar drink night Wednesday’s downtown at Chillers, what was then Belly Brewery, and Latitudes. Plus there was no cover with a student ID.
Last time I was there (2016 or 2017) it was still Chillers on 1st floor and Latitudes on the roof. I think big bellies was 2nd floor but that might have been in 2015. I did some bar crawls and not sure what was there when I went. DT Orlando is really awesome.
I love Casey's. My girl and I would go there most nights. They have a live band that is great, the drinks are about as strong as Wally's, and they have popcorn with a bunch of seasoning. Lizzys is our #2. The Monkey Bar on the 2nd floor above Wall St/that open square area might be #3. Nice environment and people watching. Also good is the western bar. Lots of people there and loud upbeat music. One of the last times I was at the western bar they were doing $1 fireball shots so my buddy bought 20 of them haha.
I'd like to go to Wally's but its so far away from everything else and I'd be buzzed after one drink so I wouldn't drive anywhere else so it was too inconvenient. I love how s***ty it is though. Best vibe for getting really drunk.

I guess I'll show my age, do you old schoolers remember the "Liquid Cellar"?

Was eventually torn down during the UC-7 redevelopment.

Reactions: Ace of Knights
Ha! Completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. Also... does anyone remember going to Spit Night (Wed nights) at the club near Lake Fairview on 441 (North OBT). Can't remember the name of the club but we had a blast trying to look as "punk" as possible for a bunch of college kids!

ADVERTISEMENT