ADVERTISEMENT

[OT] Nanny, Police, et al. State Thread

I'll start, one of my biggest pet peeves is this abomination, which the NTSB contines to 'push ahead' with ...

As someone who has never drank alcohol in my life (or been under any influence in general), I would have this device removed and sue the state or federal government (whomever issued the requirement, and where I have standing), seeking out a probono lawyer who actually believes in freedom ... especially the first time the thing gave me a false positive.

And yes, as some of you are also EEs with control systems experience in aerospace, automotive, carrier and other systems ... computers, let alone sensors, are inprecise, repeatedly, let alone at the mercy if incomplete code with all sorts of unaccounted for values. The Boeing 737-Max was a repeat of this, as was the original AirBus 300 series models of several iterations.

So tired of the 'nanny state,' and we use the 'seatbelt law' in ways my grandmother always warned we would ... largely against minorities too.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Seatbelts? Pfft they kill more people than they save!
All joking aside ... I was thinking more of the execute to pull people over and search their car and do many other things that have nothing to do with their safety. People now use it to excuse the 'Nanny State' that victimizes people, especially minorities.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Since no one sees his Twitter, BS uses the Dungeon as a substitute to try and find like-minded people and as an audience to whatever shit he thinks is ultra interesting/ important.

• Haha
Reactions: UCFBS
Since no one sees his Twitter, BS uses the Dungeon as a substitute to try and find like-minded people and as an audience to whatever shit he thinks is ultra interesting/ important.
Hey man ... it's your freedom. But I guess we'll all just cheer on statism, and whether the DNC or GOP are 'better.'

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
And yes, as some of you are also EEs with control systems experience in aerospace, automotive, carrier and other systems ... computers, let alone sensors, are inprecise, repeatedly, let alone at the mercy if incomplete code with all sorts of unaccounted for values. The Boeing 737-Max was a repeat of this, as was the original AirBus 300 series models of several iterations.
A mundane detail.

I'll start, one of my biggest pet peeves is this abomination, which the NTSB contines to 'push ahead' with ...

As someone who has never drank alcohol in my life (or been under any influence in general), I would have this device removed and sue the state or federal government (whomever issued the requirement, and where I have standing), seeking out a probono lawyer who actually believes in freedom ... especially the first time the thing gave me a false positive.

So tired of the 'nanny state,' and we use the 'seatbelt law' in ways my grandmother always warned we would ... largely against minorities too.

Did you hook up with your cousin while sober??

All joking aside ... I was thinking more of the execute to pull people over and search their car and do many other things that have nothing to do with their safety. People now use it to excuse the 'Nanny State' that victimizes people, especially minorities.
Police are not allowed to search your car because of a broken taillight. If they do, then any competent attorney should be able to get that thrown out. Now, if you want to educate people on Terry stops and what their rights actually are, then you’re helping. But your erroneous rankings do nothing to help anyone.

Police are not allowed to search your car because of a broken taillight. If they do, then any competent attorney should be able to get that thrown out.
You say that, yet many things absolutely stick, or worse... lead to arrest and even deaths. Police procedure is the most f'd up thing in this country, and puts cops in harms way as well, unnecessarily. Same with no knock raids which are used mainly for non-violent offenders.

Now, if you want to educate people on Terry stops and what their rights actually are, then you’re helping. But your erroneous rankings do nothing to help anyone.
We shouldn't even have a police state where this is required. That's the point! We are automating and legislating our doom.

Please keep this place acceptably woke.

always use Karen's rules of order. she/he/it is the new Robert.

• Haha
Reactions: UCFBS
Please keep this place acceptably woke.

always use Karen's rules of order. she/he/it is the new Robert.
You really need to find a hobby, dude. All you did this entire weekend was post in here. It appears that the vast majority of the others put this place down for a couple days a week. I suggest you do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT