ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA moves 7 championships out of NC

They didn't destroy anything. People are upset over a law that only applies to public/state buildings and is unenforceable anyways, unless anybody thinks there is going to be a bathroom monitor checking your birth certificate at every public restroom. This is what politicians do. They distract while they steal our money (or waste it).

They didn't destroy anything. People are upset over a law that only applies to public/state buildings and is unenforceable anyways, unless anybody thinks there is going to be a bathroom monitor checking your birth certificate at every public restroom. This is what politicians do. They distract while they steal our money (or waste it).

Great post...as yes, Politicians and now organizations like the NCAA, NBA and others are showing off their "faux rage"...its actually pretty pathetic.

Our AD's dad is AD at Duke, denounced the law (although being at a private university, he can risk saying that). Perhaps you haven't kept up with North Carolina and the tourism and corporate boycott. Voter repression, women's rights, education funding, you name it. One man, a local billionaire, bought the legislature in 2010 and turned the clock back to the middle ages on everything. Once booming Charlotte is getting clobbered by corporate adverse reaction. Great for states like Florida to bid away sports events, get their tourism, and attract more corporate location.

Once booming Charlotte is getting clobbered by corporate adverse reaction. Great for states like Florida to bid away sports events, get their tourism, and attract more corporate location.

That's where all the controversy began...when Charlotte's City Council "invented" unnecessary controversy when they passed a city policy in Feb that opened up all bathrooms, locker-rooms and show facilities to anyone and everyone, including private businesses and organizations that did any business with the city.

If that was never done this past Feb...then H2 never would have come about.

That's where all the controversy began...when Charlotte's City Council "invented" unnecessary controversy when they passed a city policy in Feb that opened up all bathrooms, locker-rooms and show facilities to anyone and everyone, including private businesses and organizations that did any business with the city. If that was never done this past Feb...then H2 never would have come about.
Yes, but a lot of the civic leader support (or acquiescence) was from this Financial Capital of the South's multinational corporations. Disneyland back in the 1960s, refused to admit students with beards. Only a couple decades later, DisneyWorld was marketing its gay events. Dollars speak, and most bigots are too poor to spend very much.

Our AD's dad is AD at Duke, denounced the law (although being at a private university, he can risk saying that). Perhaps you haven't kept up with North Carolina and the tourism and corporate boycott. Voter repression, women's rights, education funding, you name it. One man, a local billionaire, bought the legislature in 2010 and turned the clock back to the middle ages on everything. Once booming Charlotte is getting clobbered by corporate adverse reaction. Great for states like Florida to bid away sports events, get their tourism, and attract more corporate location.

You realize how dumb it is to allow people to switch restrooms by their feelings that day. I don't think the birth certificate is fair, but they need something to prove medically they are moving to the opposite sex. The sports industry is getting this liberal agenda pushed down our throats.

Charlotte is far from hurting by the way. 3rd largest financial center.

Disneyland back in the 1960s, refused to admit students with beards.

Disney for 60 years did not allow any facial hair/mustaches on men...and that was only changed in 2000, mostly because of all of the 3rd party vendors/employees who were now working on a regular basis in the parks. (They would even send guys back downstairs in the MK to go shave if they needed to before going "on stage" upstairs).

No clue what Disney's policy is on beards today.

You realize how dumb it is to allow people to switch restrooms by their feelings that day. The sports industry is getting this liberal agenda pushed down our throats. Charlotte is fat from hurting by the way. 3rd largest financial center.
"Feelings" that day among transexuals is more whether to commit suicide "that day." They are the canary in the coal mines for vibrant cities. Orlando's downtown miracle rebirth is heavily driven by millennials moving downtown, our spectacular club district, and the city's rank as one of the very top gay-friendly in the nation.

Check the social conservative agenda. Now they are going after birth control pills. It's about guilt, shaming, and bullying.
Charlotte, like most of the South (except D.C. driven Virginia, of course), never recovered from the Great Recession.

What's this voter repression thing? (haven't been paying attention to it), and I didn't know women weren't allowed to work or drive a car or vote or whatever it is. I wonder why liberal protect the "woman's right" to kill their baby and yet are silent about the law suit where young women were violated by the boy twerking in the shower (because this "right" to a bathroom of any gender does not stop at toilets.) don't these young women have rights? I guess for liberals abortion is the only right women are allowed.

What is "middle ages" about men and women using the correct restroom? I'm sorry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a state trying to protect my daughter from a fat male pervert entering the women's bathroom. This faux outrage is ridiculous.

There are still moral absolutes in this life no matter how hard you hippies try to ignore them.

What's this voter repression thing? (haven't been paying attention to it), and I didn't know women weren't allowed to work or drive a car or vote or whatever it is. I wonder why liberal protect the "woman's right" to kill their baby and yet are silent about the law suit where young women were violated by the boy twerking in the shower (because this "right" to a bathroom of any gender does not stop at toilets.) don't these young women have rights? I guess for liberals abortion is the only right women are allowed.
Probably not the place for this. Defunding Planned Parenthood and failure to accept free federal Medicaid expansion funds only prevents poorer women from these legal rights. A large share of married women get abortions; they just never tell their husbands. It's hypocritical to deny women family planning services and then blame them for getting abortions. Transexual would be killed if they tried to enter the bathroom of your choice. College dorms have used unisex bathrooms for many years. Change from a culture of men dominating women and straights bully women can be uncomfortable many people used to their privilege.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Not all
"Feelings" that day among transexuals is more whether to commit suicide "that day." They are the canary in the coal mines for vibrant cities. Orlando's downtown miracle rebirth is heavily driven by millennials moving downtown, our spectacular club district, and the city's rank as one of the very top gay-friendly in the nation.

Check the social conservative agenda. Now they are going after birth control pills. It's about guilt, shaming, and bullying.
Charlotte, like most of the South (except D.C. driven Virginia, of course), never recovered from the Great Recession.

Just quick anecdotal note, my wife worked with several gender reassigned, both changes men-women and women-men, and neither were suicidal, especially after the change. So I doubt, many are deciding on suicide every day, only those on TV. In fact, having known them, they are quite happy people with full lives, even tho everyone in the office knows etc etc.

Didn't know anyone was going after the birth control pill, may the morning after pill, which isn't the same thing. "The pill" and "birth control pill" have been common terms for 1 specific item for decades so lets not confuse the issue. If they are going against the pill, good luck- the Catholic church has been against it forever, and it is so entrenched into society I doubt anyone is going to have much luck getting rid of it. Seems laughable.

Probably not the place for this. Defunding Planned Parenthood and failure to accept free federal Medicaid expansion funds only prevents poorer women from these legal rights. A large share of married women get abortions; they just never tell their husbands. It's hypocritical to deny women family planning services and then blame them for getting abortions. Transexual would be killed if they tried to enter the bathroom of your choice. College dorms have used unisex bathrooms for many years. Change from a culture of men dominating women and straights bully women can be uncomfortable many people used to their privilege.

I sincerely hope you are not truly a professor at UCF. Quit trying to turn us into your liberal NE universities. UCF has been one of the great universities because it hasn't been playing these games.

"Transexual would be killed if they tried to enter the bathroom of your choice" For a professor, an incredible stupid statement. Provide evidence where every transsexual would be killed.

I did get sidetracked by abortion. If Planned Parenthood is so great, then the absolute double digit millions of liberals who supported Obama, can fund it. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. I don't want to fund it.

Again sidetracked, I really wanted to know about the voter oppression. Don't have much time, so I'll just guess it's about voter ID cards. IF so, I'll just paraphrase the great liberal Icon Jimmie Carter- For an election to be considered valid, a photo ID of the voter is necessary. again a paraphrase- but that is what is engraved on the wall of the look-at-me Jimmie Carter center. How come in places where real harassment (i.e. machine guns, tires filled with gas burning around your waist, etc etc) is done, an ID MUST be used, yet in the US where we don't have institutionalize i.e. military forcing you to vote an ID is suddenly hurtful. Absolutely ridiculous. And yes, the great hypocrite Jimmie Carter is against ID card in the US.

Just have to add 1 more thing,

"Transexual would be killed if they tried to enter the bathroom of your choice"

really does smack of elitism twat. "I'm such a great person I wouldn't hurt these people, but everyone else are such sub-humans that they obviously would." That really does fit into the bad cliche of the pointy-headed intellectual. Shame it's actually true. If you are compassionate, really compassionate, you show compassion to everyone, even those you don't agree with. Not everybody but you, or your 'compassionate" liberals drags their knuckles on the ground and wants to beat the crap out of anyone else.

Reactions: bullshiznitz
Seems like title IX, should give Transgenders equal # of schollies as men and women.

Just have to add 1 more thing, really does smack of elitism twat. " Not everybody but you, or your 'compassionate" liberals drags their knuckles on the ground and wants to beat the crap out of anyone else.
While don't you tell us what you really think? Now didn't that feel good? Aaaahhh! Guess I lived in small towns for too long and in Orlando back in the 80s when it lacked diversity. My, how it's changed. You will, too.

Quit being such a whiney liberal. Because we don't want a pedophile in the bathroom....so whine somewhere else. I'm fully ok with a transgender person with medical docs using whatever bathroom. This pick and choose stuff based on the day is dumb.

But go ahead...every problem can be fixed with more gov't right?

So much for the land of freedom...long gone.

Now we are the land of trying not to hurt anybody's feelings...good luck there.

Reactions: jetsaholic
I live in NC in the mountains and tourism is no worse off by this law. What I find disgusting is the desire to hurt small businesses and such by boycotting a state because of law stating men need to use the men's room. Private businesses can allow anybody to use any bathroom. Yet, let's punish the little guy mentality is what is wrong here. Ignorance is what is wrong here.

Reactions: Knight_Light
So all professors really are flaming liberals!

Actually profs today are moderate. It's only the few soc and humanities guys who are wild liberals. Get with the program before you start yelling, "get off my lawn." Employers are imposing the crushing boycotts these day, not the government, and they won't risk being perceived as intolerant. Bad for business and teamwork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT