ADVERTISEMENT

OT: President Whittaker to Resign?

some idiot just trying to get get his name out there. unless it's actually your representative that you voted for the only way you learn about some of these other clowns is if they are controversial.

they can shut the University of Central Florida down and the school can reemerge as Florida Technological University.

Reactions: UCFBS
Looked him up, he’s a Harvard grad. First elected to the Florida legislature in 2016 from S. Brevard. Wonder if this moron knows that UCF is East Florida State College’s (Formerly Brevard Community College) DirectConnect partner. Looking like this could be a rather short political career.

Looked him up, he’s a Harvard grad. First elected to the Florida legislature in 2016 from S. Brevard. Wonder if this moron knows that UCF is East Florida State College’s (Formerly Brevard Community College) DirectConnect partner. Looking like this could be a rather short political career.

Need a Knight to step up and run against this joker.

Politicians always say stupid stuff like this. I remember a decade ago a congresswoman threatened to socialize the oil industry.

Weird (but not surprising) that these people don't have the foresight to know that when they don't make good on their threats they will lose credibility forever.

This is bullshyt.

Did you see the OS article by Scott Maxwell about how the state legislature has done the same thing multiple times?

Talk about hypocrisy.

Damn. Total political shenanigans. Legislators just flexing their power here. Someplace else will be lucky to have him. Hope we can score a great president soon. All this bs has been holding up a lot of other things at the university.

Damn. Total political shenanigans. Legislators just flexing their power here. Someplace else will be lucky to have him. Hope we can score a great president soon. All this bs has been holding up a lot of other things at the university.
I have noticed that even before this scandal that UF and FSU are obsessed with UCF, I don't doubt there is a political 'keep them down' element to this. They never worry or give a crap about USF or FAU

I have noticed that even before this scandal that UF and FSU are obsessed with UCF, I don't doubt there is a political 'keep them down' element to this. They never worry or give a crap about USF or FAU
They do care if USF gets that preeminent university status

the youth of the medical school is hurting UCF there but USF completely neglects the Undergraduate quality and experience
Heard from a med student this week that he won't come to UCF. He says our med school burned bridges in central Florida so now students can't do clinicals (or whatever) here and they have to move every time they have a clinical come up.

Holy crap this is horrible for UCF. Is there a petition to sign. We are getting railroaded by politics. Right all board members, senators, etc and object!

Possible candidate with the OHANA Pipeline?
giphy.gif

Let me see if I get this right:

UCF President Dale Whittaker is submitting his resignation to the board of trustees because:
1. before he took over there was one construction project they actually saved money
2. they used that money that they saved to use to fix a building that was getting worse and worse because the legislature would not allocate the funds to fix it?
3. That same legislature is the one that is putting pressure on him to resign?

If true this is disgusting on so many levels.

I hope the Board of Trustees refuses his resignation.

ADVERTISEMENT