ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SNF Seattle v NE, Fake Crowd Noise

GoldenFunk

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2009
Anybody watching this on NBC? The fake crowd noise is really loud, can barely hear Al Michaels. And there is nobody there.
#FakeNoise

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
I must say that the NFL has made it really seem like there are fans or more fans in the stands. Sounds pretty cool. Maybe a bit too loud. The only thing is shouldn’t it be less noisy when the home team is trying to snap it or is calling audibles? lol

I heard they can only go a certain amount of decibels. Which the coaches described as a kind of loud cocktail party. The speaker must be right next to booth.

I must say that the NFL has made it really seem like there are fans or more fans in the stands. Sounds pretty cool. Maybe a bit too loud. The only thing is shouldn’t it be less noisy when the home team is trying to snap it or is calling audibles? lol

There was fake crowd noise during the Bears game also. Sometimes the cheers and boos were out of sync with what was happening on the field.

I heard they can only go a certain amount of decibels. Which the coaches described as a kind of loud cocktail party. The speaker must be right next to booth.
At one point near the end of the game, they said the faux crowd noice cannot exceed 70 decibels. Said it would've been much worse for NE if they had to contend with the normal 120 decibels created by Seatle's faithful. I think they should allow noise levels to get a lot closer to the actual home stadium crowd level on important drives and downs. Give it a more realistic home field advantage.

At one point near the end of the game, they said the faux crowd noice cannot exceed 70 decibels. Said it would've been much worse for NE if they had to contend with the normal 120 decibels created by Seatle's faithful. I think they should allow noise levels to get a lot closer to the actual home stadium crowd level on important drives and downs. Give it a more realistic home field advantage.
It’s just weird to me, it’s like watching a sitcom that isn’t funny but with a laugh track louder than the actual laughs at a great standup show.
Also, it sets a ridiculous precedent. I think Crowd noise should come from a crowd. Maybe I’m officially a grouchy old man, lol.

It makes me think of Miss St with those awful cowbells. Maybe u get used to them, but it seems like cheating to me.

I kind of get it for the broadcast to make people at home feel like theres actually a crowd. But playing it in the stadium is pathetic haha.

Reactions: GoldenFunk
It’s just weird to me, it’s like watching a sitcom that isn’t funny but with a laugh track louder than the actual laughs at a great standup show.
Also, it sets a ridiculous precedent. I think Crowd noise should come from a crowd. Maybe I’m officially a grouchy old man, lol.
I agree

What makes me scratch my head is people talking about crowd noise when there was a great game played....playoff level football in week 2. The MNF game last night was pretty top-notch as well. So glad the NF has returned. Only topped by UCF football.

Reactions: GoldenFunk
The game was good, haha, but I posted that early. I just turned it on and it was weird. I don’t usually watch NFL much until the playoffs because the season games don’t seem to matter as much. It’s great to have football back! Weird crowd noise or not. :)

All I heard today was Brees is terrible now. Hasn’t thrown a ball in air longer than 35 yards and it being completed in some time.

ADVERTISEMENT