ADVERTISEMENT

OT: St Thomas Aquinas vs Cocoa

That was some dirty use of home field advantage. All Cocoa had to do was take a few knees and the game was over. Refs step in and make sure the outcome is different. These refs are trying out for the SEC or the NFL with that shady game control.

Cocoa should be proud. A team from a poor city played a team with probably ten times more resources and won. It was taken away from them, but still. I imagine if the refs had screwed up in the other direction the appeal would have gone differently.

They def got hosed but I am glad they are not reversing the game outcome, that is a slippery slope.
Gotta disagree with this one. One bad call changing a game sucks but this is like a coordinated effort to aid one of the teams for an entire 1:30 or so of game time.

Last edited:
Reactions: U C to the F
Gotta disagree with this one. One bad call changing a game sucks but this is like a coordinated effort to aid one of the teams o we an entire 1:30 or so of game time.
You are speculating widespread nefarious activity. If that is indeed true then I agree, but I don't think that's been proven.

Btw I live in Brevard and root for them

They should have won that appeal and it’s not at all a slippery slope under this circumstance. It should have been 1st down with like :55 seconds left. But due to the extra time out (which should have been corrected and clock should have run) and then the personal foul (should have been a 1st down). No time outs, kneel out….that was egregious

That is terrible, but I think this one is worse as it was for the state championship.

Ref Blows It
Just as bad, but in a different way. Living with that win, or loss as any of those kids is a lot to deal with. You know any of the kids on that "winning" team knows it's bullshit. The other kids have to live with being cheated out of something. Tough. It's such a bad call, at the most critical time of the game, that it just seems like it can't even be real.

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
I find Cocoa being a powerhouse pretty funny. Back when I went to high school we saw them as a warm up act.
Merritt Island had 2 state championships in early 70's. Now MI is very middle of the road program and Cocoa the monster. Population of Merritt Island is older now with younger generation across the river just west of the Hurricane evacuation zone.

I find Cocoa being a powerhouse pretty funny. Back when I went to high school we saw them as a warm up act.
Merritt Island had 2 state championships in early 70's. Now MI is very middle of the road program and Cocoa the monster. Population of Merritt Island is older now with younger generation across the river just west of the Hurricane evacuation zone.
Merritt Island had some big-time players in the 80s . I remember the big TE who played in the NFL for a few years and went to Notre Dame looked like a huge man among boys

this is why they should have reversed the result
Yup, admitting the egregious mistakes but not reversing is dumb af, almost more a slap in the face by not overturning the outcome. It’s easy to see the game was over with kneel downs.

I hope they meet again in the playoffs, the result should be different.
Aren’t they in different divisions? STAHS is in the 3M and Cocoa is 2S. They won’t see each other in the playoffs. Cocoa plays Seminole October 6th, which is a 4M school. Cocoa is not afraid to play much larger schools.

Aren’t they in different divisions? STAHS is in the 3M and Cocoa is 2S. They won’t see each other in the playoffs. Cocoa plays Seminole October 6th, which is a 4M school. Cocoa is not afraid to play much larger schools.
I don’t think Seminole is good this year. They should kill them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT