ADVERTISEMENT

OT UCF Student Vaccine Site

Not a student (been a while) but I’m really glad to hear this will be an option for them.

There will be colleges/universities nationwide attempting mandate it for the fall term to attend in-person instruction.

Reactions: Yaes
Not a student (been a while) but I’m really glad to hear this will be an option for them.

There will be colleges/universities nationwide attempting mandate it for the fall term to attend in-person instruction.
Not sure why any school should mandate this. They are not of the age group where it hurts them and everyone that wants one will have it by the summer.

I’m sure there will be an exemption process most places.

Testing has to be costing a fortune (if it’s not being reimbursed). Requiring the vaccine would allow them to greatly reduce that need. The policies are also made by people who are in the range it could hurt them.

Also, unlike UCF/Orlando, a large amount of colleges and universities aren’t in major metro areas with quality health care providers nearby or at a scale needed.

Testing has to be costing a fortune (if it’s not being reimbursed). Requiring the vaccine would allow them to greatly reduce that need. The policies are also made by people who are in the range it could hurt them.

Also, unlike UCF/Orlando, a large amount of colleges and universities aren’t in major metro areas with quality health care providers nearby or at a scale needed.

Filling dorm rooms and selling meal plans is a lot more profitable than testing.

Why are we even testing anymore. We know virus is widespread. If you remember they stopped testing for Swine Flu once they knew it was a pandemic.

Not sure why any school should mandate this. They are not of the age group where it hurts them and everyone that wants one will have it by the summer.
Why are we even testing anymore. We know virus is widespread. If you remember they stopped testing for Swine Flu once they knew it was a pandemic.

bc dorms are a Petri dish ..judging by how mask complaint campus has been I don’t think there will be much resistance to vaccination.

Last edited:

And yet it is still a crap shoot. Let's say the mortality rate for young people is 0.25%. On a campus of 72,000 students, that's 180 dead kids. Sucks pretty hard for them and their families and friends. And then there are the people who get brain, lung, heart and other complications that endure for the rest of their lives. Let's say that's 2% for young people. That's 1,440 students with long term health problems.

Lastly, ask Collin Smith if Covid doesn't hurt young people. He got Covid, and apparently it did something to his heart/lungs that was so concerning to his doctors that it cost him his senior season.

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
And yet it is still a crap shoot. Let's say the mortality rate for young people is 0.25%. On a campus of 72,000 students, that's 180 dead kids. Sucks pretty hard for them and their families and friends. And then there are the people who get brain, lung, heart and other complications that endure for the rest of their lives. Let's say that's 2% for young people. That's 1,440 students with long term health problems.

Lastly, ask Collin Smith if Covid doesn't hurt young people. He got Covid, and apparently it did something to his heart/lungs that was so concerning to his doctors that it cost him his senior season.
I hear what you are saying however from the state of Florida daily data 489,009 (more likely way more had it that didn’t have symptoms) people under the age of 24 tested positive with Covid and of that 50 unfortunately passed away. That works out to 0.0001 rate. I am not an anti vaccination person, what I believe is that for younger people, we don’t truly know what the long term effects of the vaccine are. Now if you are over the age of 55 or so then the risks of the vaccine is worth it as 31,657 have died out of 569,341 that were positive or 0.05. 88% of the people older than 55 that died were over the age of 65. The state has 33,710 deaths with 62% due to the over 75 age bracket.

Sucks pretty hard? That's all?

Vaccines (not Covid) have been a part of a requirement to attend public school, colleges, and universities.

This year, the flu shot was required at several institutions in order to attend in-person learning. I would expect those same places to mandate the Covid vaccine.

Vaccines (not Covid) have been a part of a requirement to attend public school, colleges, and universities.

This year, the flu shot was required at several institutions in order to attend in-person learning. I would expect those same places to mandate the Covid vaccine.
I agree but all those have been tested for years and researched etc. this one came out fast and do we truly know the effects young people have with it. That is all I am saying.

Yeah, there’s definitely something to discuss because this one is emergency use authorized. I’m sure there will be litigation.

Yeah, there’s definitely something to discuss because this one is emergency use authorized. I’m sure there will be litigation.
idk what UCF will decide but could see them landing in the middle and requiring it for anyone living in UCF Housing.

My parents sentenced me to death by having me be born. I should sue them. The nerve and selfishness of them....

FYI...For anyone 18 and older...Oviedo Medical Center has free vaccine appt openings for this Wed and Thur.

And the old Sears store at the Oviedo mall is doing a massive amount of shots. Free also. Go on the Seminole county website on a Thursday mornings at 7am and you can lock in an appointment time for the following week. From walking in to getting the shot it was 7 minutes for me. Impressive operation. They were doing the Pfizer when I went.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
And the old Sears store at the Oviedo mall is doing a massive amount of shots. Free also. Go on the Seminole county website on a Thursday mornings at 7am and you can lock in an appointment time for the following week. From walking in to getting the shot it was 7 minutes for me. Impressive operation. They were doing the Pfizer when I went.

Yep...Seminole County has done a great job with their vaccinations at Oviedo Mall but those appointments are always the first to go and fill up.

FYI for those that may prefer to get one at a retailer CVS has the easiest system in my opinion, they release their new appointment openings just after Midnight . have a thread over in the cooler w occasional updates for Florida

I had a great experience using CVS. Scheduling first and second doses was very easy.
I agree. Got my first shot at CVS on the 28th, couldn’t have been easier scheduling and receiving. My wife was using multiple computers trying to get our parents hooked up at Publix for months in the beginning, what a 💩 show they were/are. They have now since been vaccinated but not from Publix, that whole system was terrible and unorganized.

I think a lot of credit should go to our OC Mayor Demmings as he’s been super aggressive taking unused vaccines from neighboring counties to use for anyone and everyone willing. There were quite a few young adults in line at CVS behind me getting the vaccine when I was there as well. Good to see the vaccine being used and not being unfulfilled like some of these other counties. Demmings took a bunch from Hillsborough Cnty and others to make this happen. The mans doing some good work.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I agree. Got my first shot at CVS on the 28th, couldn’t have been easier scheduling and receiving. My wife was using multiple computers trying to get our parents hooked up at Publix for months in the beginning, what a 💩 show they were/are. They have now since been vaccinated but not from Publix, that whole system was terrible and unorganized.

I think a lot of credit should go to our OC Mayor Demmings as he’s been super aggressive taking unused vaccines from neighboring counties to use for anyone and everyone willing. There were quite a few young adults in line at CVS behind me getting the vaccine when I was there as well. Good to see the vaccine being used and not being unfulfilled like some of these other counties. Demmings took a bunch from Hillsborough Cnty and others to make this happen. The mans doing some good work.
there are individual location exceptions but Publix for the most part have been jerks about extra doses and waste lists. CVS has really put in an effort to use every dose

Reactions: U C to the F
This is where my wife and I got ours. Very efficient, professional, well organized. Highly recommend.

Reactions: Flstan
If you have to have all the other vaccines to go to school, what’s the difference?
You can’t be serious. It still under an emergency use protocol. What happened to my body my choice bullshit. People under the age of thirty have basically no risk. If you want the god dam vaccine get it, if people don’t leave them the f alone. What is it with everyone wanting government require you to do crap to your body

somebody’s paranoid. God forbid that institutions want this hell to end and the only way for that to happen is to have the majority of the population vaccinated

Look at what is happening in Brazil 🇧🇷 right now w low vaccination numbers

You can’t be serious. It still under an emergency use protocol. What happened to my body my choice bullshit. People under the age of thirty have basically no risk. If you want the god dam vaccine get it, if people don’t leave them the f alone. What is it with everyone wanting government require you to do crap to your body
I’m in no hurry to get it. But if they require all the others what’s the difference? I’m actually wondering if the polio vaccines are even necessary at this point but I don’t make the rules.

somebody’s paranoid. God forbid that institutions want this hell to end and the only way for that to happen is to have the majority of the population vaccinated

Look at what is happening in Brazil 🇧🇷 right now w low vaccination numbers
I’m in no hurry to get it. But if they require all the others what’s the difference? I’m actually wondering if the polio vaccines are even necessary at this point but I don’t make the rules.
For me personally it is the current vaccines that are required have been around a long time and we know the long term effects. This one we don’t. Before requiring people to take it, the long term effects should be known. If they want or require people to take it, then we should be able to sue the manufacturer and government if it turns out the vaccine has bad long term side effects. Now if you are over the age of 60 the risk is worth it when looking at who dies from this. If it works, the people who took the vaccine have no worries. Everyone should be able to decide how they want to handle this.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT