ADVERTISEMENT

OT UCF Student Vaccine Site

I don’t disagree with anyone who doesn’t want to take something that is under emergency use approval. Knowing the side effects and long-term impact are valid points of concern. Education on the topic from credible sources is part of making an informed personal choice.

Employees and higher education appear to have the ability to mandate a vaccine (even emergency use). Unless the court system issues a stay or enforcement of requiring a vaccine; it’s likely going to be required widely. Those that decline to take it will be impacted at varying levels (probably by state).

Sporting events (like the NBA) are using Clear and another systems to track testing and vaccines to get tickets. I don't see UCF will implementing it but it’s possible for road games.

For me personally it is the current vaccines that are required have been around a long time and we know the long term effects. This one we don’t. Before requiring people to take it, the long term effects should be known. If they want or require people to take it, then we should be able to sue the manufacturer and government if it turns out the vaccine has bad long term side effects. Now if you are over the age of 60 the risk is worth it when looking at who dies from this. If it works, the people who took the vaccine have no worries. Everyone should be able to decide how they want to handle this.
A lot of the other vaccines would have been developed faster if it had the same budget commitment that Covid did. obviously the urgency had Billionaires and Government throw record money at it . President Obama gave Moderna $25 million in 2013 to research and work on mRNA technology(originally intended for hiv and Zika)and a lot more to the Pentagon in 2015 to do the same so their was a baseline in place that helped the timeline once Covid started reeking havoc on this country & the World.

UCF may not require it for all enrolled students but I see nothing wrong for requiring it for everyone living in UCF Housing

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
You can’t be serious. It still under an emergency use protocol. What happened to my body my choice bullshit. People under the age of thirty have basically no risk. If you want the god dam vaccine get it, if people don’t leave them the f alone. What is it with everyone wanting government require you to do crap to your body
Oh come on. You can hardly feel the micro chip under your skin, and Bill Gates rarely takes over your body in your sleep.

Oh come on. You can hardly feel the micro chip under your skin, and Bill Gates rarely takes over your body in your sleep.
Do you think you win people over with comments like that? Did I say anything about Bill Gates or a micro chip? People have valid concerns and if you don’t, good for you.

If you have to have all the other vaccines to go to school, what’s the difference?

Do you think you win people over with comments like that? Did I say anything about Bill Gates or a micro chip? People have valid concerns and if you don’t, good for you.
https://nypost.com/2021/04/12/microchip-developed-by-pentagon-to-detect-covid-19/

As this discussion was happening the U.S. Government (DARPA) was explaining how great their injectable micro chip was on 60 minutes. Probably to gauge support for rolling it out further. Alex Jones was right...again.

somebody’s paranoid. God forbid that institutions want this hell to end and the only way for that to happen is to have the majority of the population vaccinated
Univ probably don't even care....for them...its all of them trying to fill up their profitable dorms (most which were empty last year) and selling meal plans. Also, they want future liability protection.

Care?

No...just follow the $$$.

If you have to have all the other vaccines to go to school, what’s the difference?
You don't actually, you can get a medical or religious/conscience exemption which I just preemptively did for my daughter in case they require it for K-12, it's pretty well established in Florida and codified into law, Department of Health Form 681. I don't see anything in the law specifically dealing with Universities but Governor DeSantis's recent vaccine passport EO should put it to rest, you can't require proof of vaccine or you lose any state funding. So you can require it but you can't require any proof of it.

UCF: Did you get vaccinated?
Student (or me at the UCF football game): Yes
UCF: Please show me your papers
Student/me: I'm not required to and you can't make me.

Most of the new vaccines are new mRNA gene therapy, had to stretch the definition of vaccine to get the legal immunity, no long term studies, I'll wait and see.

Also, masks don't work.

Reactions: Finance2000Knight
With Governor DeSantis leading the way I don’t see a mandate coming to enforce strict compliance or requiring the vaccine. If I had to guess it will be a pissing match of federal funds vs state funds with competing requirements.

Masks work if they are fitted and actually filter the air you breath in and out at a high level (ie. N95). The homemade masks deflect/reduce what you already have from possibly infecting others. If the stranger across from you isn’t wearing one and coughing/sneezing in your direction/closed room, you’re likely SOL with that mask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT