ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wtf was FSU doing on the last play

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
Just inexcusable. What the hell were they trying to do defensively on that last play? Why weren’t they lined up with 4-6 guys just guarding the end zone? Inept.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Just inexcusable. What the hell were they trying to do defensively on that last play? Why weren’t they lined up with 4-6 guys just guarding the end zone? Inept.
What the hell was the corner #3 doing? All he had to do was tackle the receiver.

Sure they didn’t call the right play on defense, but both the CB and the safety were still in fine position to tackle the receiver well short of the end zone with no time remaining. Those 2 defenders put forth the worst effort to tackle a guy I’ve ever seen. It was like they were just participating in a spring practice against a guy wearing one of those red jerseys that indicates they weren’t allowed to tackle him

Milton looked pretty good from what I could see from the recap (don’t get ACCN). The dropped passes and poor pass coverage didn’t help and he made a bad call on the INT. All in all, I think FSU had to work hard to lose that game but it sure is nice to see Milton playing again.

i just hope our facilities and creature comforts never get too fancy because it creates spoiled players and they don't respond when the chips are down. when everything is going great, the program is great because everyone is a bunch of front runners. its why texas is finding it hard to come back through many coaching changes, USC, alabama before saban came and rescued them. miami i don't get because their players were never spoiled, maybe they are now with all these years of ACC money.

Milton looked pretty good from what I could see from the recap (don’t get ACCN). The dropped passes and poor pass coverage didn’t help and he made a bad call on the INT. All in all, I think FSU had to work hard to lose that game but it sure is nice to see Milton playing again.
He wasn’t very good at all, looked slower the longer the game went on. was lucky to have only one interception too

He wasn’t very good at all, looked slower the longer the game went on. was lucky to have only one interception too
He hasn't played in nearly 3 years. He's not in game shape. They are going to have to stick with him to get the benefits of him down the road. That said, he's a unique medical case and maybe what you see is the best you will ever see from him again (on the field). Guy is a straight-up gamer, though. His mental acuity is extremely high and that's what makes him great.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. It didn't help when FSU calls stupid wildcat plays several times when unnecessary (and couldn't execute them), and they had 11 penalties that really hurt them. I didn't watch (obviously I was at our game but some big-time FSU fans I know said the pay-calling was atrocious and the offense never seemed to get into any kind of rhythm because of it. Later in the 4th the defense gave up a 97 yard, 5 minute drive for a TD. That just can't happen against an FCS school.....especially late in a game.

I watched the Notre Dame game last week and thought they had made a lot of progress from last season. The one thing that still stuck out was an abysmal-looking OL but I held out judgement on it since it was Notre Dame, which is a very good program with a ton of talent. This game was a real head-scratcher for sure.

They are a reflection of their coaching staff. Stupid, stupid, stupid call on 3rd down and two. The Wildcat is just a gimmick. Let McKenzie run the play. He's infinitely smarter than that coaching staff. If he does, the game is over. There is absolutely zero communication between DBs for FSU. No 55 committed two unpardonable penalties that cost them points. The second TD for JSU is another example of poor coaching. They look like the Atl Falcons, just give us a chance, and if it is humanly possible, we will lose.

He hasn't played in nearly 3 years. He's not in game shape. They are going to have to stick with him to get the benefits of him down the road. That said, he's a unique medical case and maybe what you see is the best you will ever see from him again (on the field). Guy is a straight-up gamer, though. His mental acuity is extremely high and that's what makes him great.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. It didn't help when FSU calls stupid wildcat plays several times when unnecessary (and couldn't execute them), and they had 11 penalties that really hurt them. I didn't watch (obviously I was at our game but some big-time FSU fans I know said the pay-calling was atrocious and the offense never seemed to get into any kind of rhythm because of it. Later in the 4th the defense gave up a 97 yard, 5 minute drive for a TD. That just can't happen against an FCS school.....especially late in a game.

I watched the Notre Dame game last week and thought they had made a lot of progress from last season. The one thing that still stuck out was an abysmal-looking OL but I held out judgement on it since it was Notre Dame, which is a very good program with a ton of talent. This game was a real head-scratcher for sure.
I am evaluating what is going on now , not 3
Years ago. UAB scored 31 points on Jacksonville State, ucf fans would be screaming to bench a QB that struggled to push the ball beyond 10 yards without accuracy vs an Asun opponent . After his first drive there was nothing to stretch the Defense once the Jacksonville State D settled in even though FSU ran the ball pretty well

I don’t think the wildcat packages help with his rhythm.

They only scored 20 points on an FCS team. That isn’t good even if they won. The team sucks. Offense sucks. We saw that ND is not good either and they lost to them. https://fb.watch/7ZL7xhYpUH/
Sums it up. Milton has the vision and mentality to be a good QB but overall the team is sucking. Maybe they get it together but I agree with the other poster who said the athletes, boosters, and admins of these programs get spoiled and couldn't get their s*** together to save their lives. Let alone win some games.

I didn't watch a lot of the game and didn't see the ending but came to two conclusions about FSU this season between this game and the N.D. game.

1) Milton is rusty (not to be unexpected). Remember season 1, season 2 and season 3 progression that he made? By the third season he was really sharp and hence he's somewhere between season 1 and season 2 right now.

2) Norvell is making some bad calls combined with his players making stupid mistakes. If his WR made that catch in the endzone of Milton's beautifully positioned pass, they would have won.

Final Comment: Maybe we're seeing with Norvell what Malzahn experienced at Auburn where he's pushing it too much because of the position he's in. Don't believe he had as much pressure at Memphis. He just needs to aim for going .500 this season and maybe his calls would be more reasonable for the inexperience of his players.

They are like Samson with his hair cut once they took away the turnover backpack.

26b75d95-f309-4586-aa81-e43638364d6a-USATSI_11389106.jpg

Lost in the shuffle is Milton was throwing to Akins, Smith, Davis, Williams, Nixon, Snelson, and Colubiale. He obviously doesn’t have these kind of weapons on the outside this year at FSU. There were times in the game where he had 10 seconds in the pocket to throw and receivers couldn’t get open down the field. The first drive one guy got open, but it was a busted coverage and he dropped it. Milton would have thrived here this year IMO with J Flash and OKeefe stretching the field. Andrew Parchment isn’t it.

Lost in the shuffle is Milton was throwing to Akins, Smith, Davis, Williams, Nixon, Snelson, and Colubiale. He obviously doesn’t have these kind of weapons on the outside this year at FSU. There were times in the game where he had 10 seconds in the pocket to throw and receivers couldn’t get open down the field. The first drive one guy got open, but it was a busted coverage and he dropped it. Milton would have thrived here this year IMO with J Flash and OKeefe stretching the field. Andrew Parchment isn’t it.
I still prefer a healthy DG over KZ now. KZ would not have a run like like the 44 yarder.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT