ADVERTISEMENT

Our fans are regressing

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
6-6 last year. 8-0 this year. Won a tough game at SMU who is currently 5-0 at home. Yet still calling our QB names and getting mad at the team for not being perfect week in, week out. So when people call us delusional I just have to sit back and take it.

We got the w people. Celebrate. Enjoy. Look at the things we did right and the things we did wrong. Discuss them but how about a little pespective on things.

6-6 last year. 8-0 this year. Won a tough game at SMU who is currently 5-0 at home. Yet still calling our QB names and getting mad at the team for not being perfect week in, week out. So when people call us delusional I just have to sit back and take it.

We got the w people. Celebrate. Enjoy. Look at the things we did right and the things we did wrong. Discuss them but how about a little pespective on things.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm ecstatic about 8-0.....

But the toughest part of our schedule is upcoming (USF, Conf Championship and hopefully a Top 10 bowl opponent)...so it's time to figure out how we get better....the old saying is "if you're not getting better you're getting worse"...and I agree, the way we're playing, if we don't get better it's gonna catch up with us....

Well ESPN had this game as our lowest probability to win at something like 74%.

Personally I think SMU played one hell of a game. Great teams find ways to win. From that perspective this was our best win of the season.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

I think the frustrations come from us as fans knowing how good this team should be because we've seen them play in games where they're banging on all cylinders (Memphis) so it's frustrating when we see them play far below their potential. The fact of the matter is these are young kids who've played for the 7th consecutive week (and have games for the next 3) so fatigue is understandably starting to kick in. These last few games will be a grind.
Milton had some headscraterchers early but was able to work his way out of it which is impressive for a young kid and the defense came up big several times. Pass rush and QB contain was way off tonight - we're going to have a lot of trouble with USF if we can't contain the SMU QB and we're going to have a lot of trouble with Memphis if we don't have a pass rush.

SMU didn't look like the 100th ranked defense last night. I did here the announcer say they have caused 19 turn overs over this year. Credit them but we shot ourselves in the foot with turn overs.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I've become far less emotional about UCF over the years (for reference, when we lost to FIU a few years ago I threw and broke my phone). That said, one thing I've noticed with this team is whenever I start feeling a bit of doom and gloom, they bounce back. Other team driving across the field? We get a turnover. Bad offensive series? Next time we get an 80-yard TD.

Felt like past teams, once things started getting bad they would just get worse, so I think some fans are still used to that.

Speaking of just UCFans, besides all the Scott talk and bullshit attendance threads, this has been the best this board has ever been. Lots of great football talk. Some new faces who are really adding value. Very respectful conversations.

Well done Knights!

I've become far less emotional about UCF over the years (for reference, when we lost to FIU a few years ago I threw and broke my phone). That said, one thing I've noticed with this team is whenever I start feeling a bit of doom and gloom, they bounce back. Other team driving across the field? We get a turnover. Bad offensive series? Next time we get an 80-yard TD.

Felt like past teams, once things started getting bad they would just get worse, so I think some fans are still used to that.

Great point. In years past “we’re doomed” and the up and down years were real things.

Not with this team. We battled through adversity and through a very good SMU team.

I don’t think we have even trailed in a game this year. Remarkable when you think about it.

Reactions: Mikesi
SMU didn't look like the 100th ranked defense last night. I did here the announcer say they have caused 19 turn overs over this year. Credit them but we shot ourselves in the foot with turn overs.
They are statistically a bad defense. And they according to form gave up 600 yards. They are also one of the top teams in the country in takeaways and turnover margin and they were had 3 and were +2 and had 21 points off of turnovers.

Great point. In years past “we’re doomed” and the up and down years were real things.

Not with this team. We battled through adversity and through a very good SMU team.

I don’t think we have even trailed in a game this year. Remarkable when you think about it.
We trailed 7-0 in this game. We hav not however trailed in a second half not late in a second quarter (think we trailed 6-7 to Memphis in second). Before SMU largest deficit was an early 3-0 hole to Maryland.

Reactions: UCFhonors

SMU scored first yesterday.

Agree, anyone calling Milton names deserves to get plastered by the SMU front line....

Reactions: KnightLife1
The bar has been set a lot higher for this season and expectations have gone through the roof. Teams have lots of film on us now and are giving us their A++ game. There is a target on our backs

Navy and SMU have been undefeated at home for quite some time now and we have played both of them on homecoming. A tall task.

Any team outside of the top 25 would have been 0-2 in those games

A 14-20 team should be 2-0 with close wins.

So.., we are right where we should be and are playing games at that level.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
People who have never played sports and casual fans will whine. Its expected when you don't know how tough it is playing sports at a high level especially in a hostile environment. Look at how Bama & Fsu fans are. Mostly casuals who don't know half of the rules at football and get upset if they go 11-1

It's an after game knee jerk reaction and Sunday hangover

It will fade by midweek. Happens all the time. Our Fans will keep seeing 8-0 staring at them all week and that reality will set in.

We will most definitely be 9-0

This is why trolls are necessary. As we are whining about ourselves, all it takes is one troll to come in and say the exact same thing to get our whining fans waxing poetic on all things positive about our team.

Reactions: KnightLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT