ADVERTISEMENT

Our fans taking the fun out the run

Who cares what Tulsa fans think. Stop attacking our fanbase. Let’s act like we have been there before and leave the minor league attitude behind. Tulsa beat us, but they are still Tulsa with their 3,000 fans
When he is right? You should care. If you have been there before then you would recognize when your criticism is coming off like an entitled child rather than being a reasonable assessment of the situation. Sometimes you just have to accept that $h!t happens.

Back in my day we had the Slack Attack offense with 5 wideouts and Mean Gene McDowell and Mike Gun Slinger Kruzceck . If you grew up liking UCF in the 80s it was a different era here in Florida. We were as rag tag as you could get. Facilities stunk , the citrus bowl while sucked, at least we were not Valdosta State and played in a high school stadium off of I-75. Yet, Valdosta State was then and still is a power program in their Division.

I remember the pain of losing to Georgia Southern a time or two. So, yah Mikesi, some of us have this called perspective. I would have loved a trip to Dallas this year and be undefeated. None of it happened and least we forget, we too are playing a QB who is just 18 years old. We are at 7-3 and 10 wins is possible. If KZ doesn't get hurt in Tampa, I firmly believe we are undefeated and pissed off that the stupid committee has us at 7 or 8 this year.

We don't have a foundation yet and we don't have the money like UF. A 10 win season is something important to play for because over time those matter and to show a recruit interested in say playing for UF that he can play here too and we win , we are on TV and we send players to the NFL, well that's something important.

I live in Western North Carolina so frankly a bowl game in December in Tampa ain't half bad for me to go too. Lol. Besides, my son is a MK and I will go to any bowl to support not only my team, but the marching Knight's and my kid.
Dude, IF KZ doesn't get hurt? Remember this remember that? This is now! This is not then. This was a coaching and player debacle. No more excuses. Heuple has to get the discipline back (over 120 yards in penalties), start coaching, start calling better plays, and defense....well, who knows. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Turrble

Yes. The huggers will accept mediocrity all the way back to 0-12 again. Nobody has time to start over.

So says the guy who wanted Dino Babers. Without 0-12 there is no SF...so you are welcome for that start over.

Mike - gonna disagree with you. Tulsa balled. We got outplayed.

In fairness, between the cold, and the pathetic environment, the players prolly got lulled to sleep and didn't bring their 'A' game.

Personally, I think there is a strength and conditioning issue at play on both lines. I think the kids diets have gone back to pre-Frost shit levels - i.e. burgers, fries, sugary drinks.
This is SUCH a major excuse. Unbelievable

I don’t get why some on here are mad on a message board that some of us are ticked with the losses we have this year. The Tulsa one to me is inexcusable, we were not a well coached team that game. I am willing to give Heupel time but I will call it like I see it. He needs to improve, bottom line.

I'm actually madder than I appear on this message board. Maybe it's growth? :rolleyes: I hate how we are losing these days but I'm managing to keep my feelings under control online. [smoke] Kinda proud of myself.

You’re insinuating that Key wouldn’t have gone winless as well. I’m pretty sure he would have.
He would have had a much longer leash than GOL. It would have taken more than one bad season to fire as his payout would have been higher. GOL stepped down as you recall. We did win the AAC the year before 0-12

When he is right? You should care. If you have been there before then you would recognize when your criticism is coming off like an entitled child rather than being a reasonable assessment of the situation. Sometimes you just have to accept that $h!t happens.
I’ve been following this team for 20 years and sat through EVERY home game in 2015 and 1-2 away games. Entitlement and enjoying success/wanting to stay there are 2 different things. There’s a recent trend and it’s not upward

What has CJH done for this program in his 23 games?

I’ve been following this team for 20 years and sat through EVERY home game in 2015 and 1-2 away games. Entitlement and enjoying success/wanting to stay there are 2 different things. There’s a recent trend and it’s not upward

What has CJH done for this program in his 23 games?
18-4

He also cites the decline of Stanford; that great win (at the time)has not aged well.
it just shows that we aren't being delusional on this board. A National writer with no tie to this Program knows this roster was good enough to be playing on New Years Day again. We were a 17 point favorite at Tulsa

Reactions: Ucfmikes
it just shows that we aren't being delusional on this board. A National writer with no tie to this Program knows this roster was good enough to be playing on New Years Day again. We were a 17 point favorite at Tulsa
He then kind of contradicts himself suggesting the recent 25-1 run will not "ever" happen again... And that "Heupel is not the answer" is an "irrational" point of view

He was given the keys to a Porsche and on Friday night he wasn’t treating the team like a Porsche. Freshman QB or not, the team wasn’t ready and they continue to get penalties. If some of you think just letting the Tulsa game slide is reasonable, I will agree to disagree with you. We play like crap on the road, coach needs to fix it. He also needs to reevaluate if what he is trying to do will get us and the program where we want to be. We have speed and backs that just are not being utilized to their advantage.

He was given the keys to a Porsche and on Friday night he wasn’t treating the team like a Porsche. Freshman QB or not, the team wasn’t ready and they continue to get penalties. If some of you think just letting the Tulsa game slide is reasonable, I will agree to disagree with you. We play like crap on the road, coach needs to fix it. He also needs to reevaluate if what he is trying to do will get us and the program where we want to be. We have speed and backs that just are not being utilized to their advantage.

Of course they have to fix these things. These are normal problems. Maybe our "Porsche" was leased, and instead of enjoying the ride on the last month of the contract people are bitching about having to turn it in.

Of course they have to fix these things. These are normal problems. Maybe our "Porsche" was leased, and instead of enjoying the ride on the last month of the contract people are bitching about having to turn it in.
Normal after a s
Trending toward misery because people think perfect should be normal.
i don’t think many expect undefeated seasons. I figured maybe 2 losses this season. Tulsa is unacceptable. I am not going back to the days of being happy about a close loss to a power team, I expect us to win and compete and win every game. Have fun accepting losses to the likes of Tulsa, at this point and the talent level we have, a season removed from back to back undefeated season, it is unacceptable. It pissed me off years ago when we lost to them. They have like 5,000 students if that and terrible fan support. I was fine with the Cincy loss even though I thought we should have won, I was mad about Pitt because the team came out flat and were losing by 20, then up 10, then lost by 1.

Tulsa's HC took a pay cut bc their Program was in financial trouble where their D1 future is looking shaky, that's the Program we lost to
5th or 6th in the conference and projected to play on Monday at 2:30 pm against Charlotte (6-6 or 7-5) in a bowl game.
Danny White is not funding recruiting vanity projects like the Lazy River for this

I have to disagree. This reminds me of the great run Miami was on until Larry Coker took over the program. yes he had some early success with recruits that weren't his and then he basically took Miami to the dregs. I am not going to sugarcoat the fact that I have not been impressed with CJH's play calling, recruiting and game management. I tend to disagree with your thought that it was just a great run. I have long said that coach GOL did not utilize our advantages within the conferences we were playing. Should we go undefeated every season? no. But there is no reason to think that we shouldn't be competing for a conference championship or at least a division championship every year. CJH was handed the keys to a Ferrari and hes using it like a Box truck.

I think even oklahoma fans would question Lincoln Riley if he came in this year, started a freshman over Jalen Hurts and had 3 losses, one of them to Kansas.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. This reminds me of the great run Miami was on until Larry Coker took over the program. yes he had some early success with recruits that weren't his and then he basically took Miami to the dregs. I am not going to sugarcoat the fact that I have not been impressed with CJH's play calling, recruiting and game management. I tend to disagree with your thought that it was just a great run. I have long said that coach GOL did not utilize our advantages within the conferences we were playing. Should we go undefeated every season? no. But there is no reason to think that we shouldn't be competing for a conference championship or at least a division championship every year. CJH was handed the keys to a Ferrari and hes using it like a Box truck.

I think even oklahoma fans would question Lincoln Riley if he came in this year, started a freshman over Jalen Hurts and had 3 losses, one of them to Kansas.
Really? We have a Jalen Hurts level back up QB? Dang. Who knew. Oh now we are a Ferrari now? Ok. surely no delusions of grandeur here... I don't blame anyone for being mad at losing to Tulsa. But it is stuff like this that just looks really bad. I have been a fan for a long time. We are no Ferrari. We are more like one of those Toyota S2000s that someone has suped up. we got speed and we had a good run. We dropped a transmission against tulsa.

Mike - gonna disagree with you. Tulsa balled. We got outplayed.

In fairness, between the cold, and the pathetic environment, the players prolly got lulled to sleep and didn't bring their 'A' game.

Personally, I think there is a strength and conditioning issue at play on both lines. I think the kids diets have gone back to pre-Frost shit levels - i.e. burgers, fries, sugary drinks.

Does it look like he is eating too many Big Macs?

Hlr5Ya.png

So... you care so much about what a random Tulsa fan has to say, but a writer for the USA Today means nothing?

Reactions: clmssun
They are both saying the same thing.
Honestly, I’m tired of this. I’m not entitled, we shouldn’t be losing to Tulsa with our offensive talent alone, and I’m not just happy to be Bowl Eligible and 7-3. This team has evolved past that and we don’t need to relive our past crappy history.

The coaching has not been good and you know it

Really? We have a Jalen Hurts level back up QB? Dang. Who knew

Actually we have a higher rated backup in wimbush. The difference is Hurts went to play for a coach that developed and utilized his talents and winbush went to play for hard head Heupel.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT