ADVERTISEMENT

Our Golden Boy Bortles thinks that the Patriots are Baylor

and Bortles won two?
I'm not arguing that Bortles has looked flat out bad some games but you would think his performance in the Divisional and Championship rounds should hold some weight.

We see flashes but it's not consistent enough. I don't know if that's who he is or it's the result of him being thrown to the wolves too early in an organization that was a mess before Tom Coughlin got there and finally produced a good Oline

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I said Brady had earned his GOAT distinction, but if you had suggested that at age 26 you would have been laughed at.

There is a lot of QBs with higher ratings than Brady in playoffs, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Stafford, Brees, Rodgers. 3 rings between them

The guys with lower average ratings, are the ones that actually won it all the most because they typically were the most clutch when it mattered most. Big Ben, Brady, Manning(s) 11 rings.

Flacco averaged 117 ratings in 2012 playoffs, but no one would consider him an elite qb.

Long rode ahead of Bortles. He's still more on the trajectory of riding a hot team with a great defense to a super bowl, a la Trent Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, as oppose to leading a team to win it.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
There is a lot of QBs with higher ratings than Brady in playoffs, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Stafford, Brees, Rodgers. 3 rings between them

The guys with lower average ratings, are the ones that actually won it all the most because they typically were the most clutch when it mattered most. Big Ben, Brady, Manning(s) 11 rings.

Flacco averaged 117 ratings in 2012 playoffs, but no one would consider him an elite qb.

Long rode ahead of Bortles. He's still more on the trajectory of riding a hot team with a great defense to a super bowl, a la Trent Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, as oppose to leading a team to win it.
So a lower rating is better because of an unquantifiable clutch factor? It's a team game. I'd be willing to bet if you compared defenses of players you mentioned, the results would be telling. The officiating yesterday was clutch. So was that tuck rule.

So a lower rating is better because of an unquantifiable clutch factor? It's a team game. I'd be willing to bet if you compared defenses of players you mentioned, the results would be telling. The officiating yesterday was clutch. So was that tuck rule.

I'm pointing out Ratings don't hold a lot of value. And using refs calls is such a cop out. We could go through nearly every playoff year and make an accusation for almost every team.

Both of Eli's super bowls wins were done on drives in the final 2 minutes, Big Ben had a drive in the final 2 minutes, Brady has multiple wins.

Consistency and rising up when it matters most is what separates QBs.

Watched the replay. End of 3rd quarter, Jacksonville uo 17-10. Leading the time of possession 29-15.

1st down

Incompletion to the fullback.
It was short and dropped

2nd down

Conservative running play. No gain

3rd down.

Bortles throws in out of bounds.

4th down. Field goal. 20-10

Next series. New England ball and Miles Jack strips Dion Lewis.

Jacksonville ball. Short run, incomplete pass to Mercedes Lewis (questionable no interference call), then a completed sideline pass short of the chains forcing Jacksonville to punt.

Jacksonville had the Patriots on the ropes so badly. They threw away their chance to make the Super Bowl. It was right in their grasp. Their demise started at this time. Can’t blame the refs.

The lack of confidence in the offensive staff to
calll passing plays for Bortles downfield and over the middle, lack of designed runs by Bortles, and the lack of WR playmakers led to the Brady comeback. Brady played great in the 4th quarter, but just like Atlanta in last year’s Super Bowl, they couldn’t seal the deal

Was Brady the difference?! Sure, but both Jacksonville and Atlanta were outcoached in the end in addition to the discrepancy in QB play.

If Jacksonville gets improved QB play, Alan Robinson back and an additional a playmaker at tight end or WR, they will be back.

I’ll be going to games next year as a bandwagon and Bortles fan. If Bortles isn’t there, I’ll watch them on TV. I’m very happy for the long time loyal fans who hung in there.

Jacksonville is a quality young team with a bright future.

Last edited:
Watched the replay. End of 3rd quarter, Jacksonville uo 17-10. Leading the time of possession 29-15.

1st down

It was short and dropped

2nd down

3rd down.

Jacksonville ball. Short run, incomplete pass to Mercedes Lewis (questionable no interference call), then a completed sideline pass short of the chains forcing Jacksonville to punt.

Jacksonville had the Patriots on the ropes so badly. They threw away their chance to make the Super Bowl. It was right in their grasp. Their demise started at this time. Can’t blame the refs.

calll passing plays for Bortles downfield and over the middle, lack of designed runs by Bortles, and the lack of WR playmakers led to the Brady comeback. Brady played great in the 4th quarter, but just like Atlanta in last year’s Super Bowl, they couldn’t seal the deal
They stuck with what got them to the playoffs and it wasn’t enough. Hope they make it back

1st down

It was short and dropped

2nd down

3rd down.

Was Brady the difference?! Sure, but both Jacksonville and Atlanta were outcoached in the end in addition to the discrepancy in QB play.

If Jacksonville gets improved QB play, Alan Robinson back and an additional a playmaker at tight end or WR, they will be back.

I’ll be going to games next year as a bandwagon and Bortles fan. If Bortles isn’t there, I’ll watch them on TV. I’m very happy for the long time loyal fans who hung in there.

Jacksonville is a quality young team with a bright future.
Wasn’t long ago that Seattle was going to take over being perennial SB contenders. Last year Oakland and Dallas. This year crickets. Too many moving parts to say anyone will be back in contention. Free agency is a killer.

Too many moving parts to say anyone will be back in contention. Free agency is a killer.
Except the Patriots, They’ve been a machine for a decade. Curious if it falls apart when either the coach or Brady leaves or if it lasts until they’re both done.

Except the Patriots, They’ve been a machine for a decade. Curious if it falls apart when either the coach or Brady leaves or if it lasts until they’re both done.
All Brady. Bledsoe had no chance and look at Belichek in Cleveland. He was terrible.

It would not be right to blame BB for the Cleveland Curse. :okay:
I’m not. I’m saying he is all Brady and nothing else. Bledsoe won 5 games in 2000 and Cassel won 11 but they didn’t win division or a wild card spot. We know what he’s done with Brady.

I’m not. I’m saying he is all Brady and nothing else. Bledsoe won 5 games in 2000 and Cassel won 11 but they didn’t win division or a wild card spot. We know what he’s done with Brady.

2000 was his first season coaching for New England. By your logic, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson are not impressive they all had mediocre or terrible seasons for the first season with a team.

Also lol, so winning 11 games with a backup QB after your starter gets injured in game one is a negative. There is several franchises that have gone a decade without a 11 win season. Culpepper had one 11 win season in his career while throwing to Moss and Carter.

2000 was his first season coaching for New England. By your logic, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson are not impressive they all had mediocre or terrible seasons for the first season with a team.

Also lol, so winning 11 games with a backup QB after your starter gets injured in game one is a negative. There is several franchises that have gone a decade without a 11 win season. Culpepper had one 11 win season in his career while throwing to Moss and Carter.
Bledsoe had like 5 wins that year. Very next year Brady takes over and they do great. Had very little to do with Belichek. He got lucky Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over. Look at his HC record with and without Brady. Probably sub .500.

I’m sure a lot of Franchises haven’t had 11 win seasons. Little to do with HC. It’s mainly because of QBs.

Bledsoe had like 5 wins that year. Very next year Brady takes over and they do great. Had very little to do with Belichek. He got lucky Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over. Look at his HC record with and without Brady. Probably sub .500.

I’m sure a lot of Franchises haven’t had 11 win seasons. Little to do with HC. It’s mainly because of QBs.
Did Brady bring the defense with him? In 2000 with Bledsoe they were 17th in scoring defense. 2001 for Brady's first super bowl they were 6th in scoring defense and he benefited from a tuck rule to get to a super bowl and scored no more than 24 in any playoff game. In 2002 their defense dropped to 17th and they missed the playoffs. 2003 they won another super bowl behind the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. 2004 they won the super bowl with the #2 scoring defense in the NFL. Last year. Another super bowl. Another #1 scoring defense. Thanks Brady.

wonder if Cousins being on the market changes things, would suck for Blake to get cut for them to clear up that 19 mil in cap space. Even if he doesn't work out rooting for him to keep that payday for 1 more season so gotta root for Cousins to pick Denver.

Watch the 30 for 30 ESPN special tomorrow on “the 2 Bills”. Looks to be a very good show as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT