Our Time: UCF Football

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Reactions: Knight Strength
is this knightflicks being aired on espn +
or is it a completely different production?

In addition to live programming, ESPN+ will also debut several original series in support of college football this fall, including:
  • Our Time: UCF Football: New head coach Gus Malzahn and the University of Central Florida Knights charge into the 2021 college football season with hopes of further establishing the program as a national brand on par with some of the best teams in the country. Our Time: UCF Football offers a special inside look at the Knights. Debuts Sept. 9.

Watching now. Pretty Cool. A little too much BiDonkey for my taste....but interesting nonetheless

Watching now. Pretty Cool. A little too much BiDonkey for my taste....but interesting nonetheless
Took me a while to realize this was a reference to Bianchi. I don’t get why so many people here still bash him. He may have written some negative UCF/O’Leary articles back in the day but he wasn’t necessarily wrong.
He‘s written way, way, way more positive than negative articles about UCF and he never hesitates to criticize the Gators when they deserve it and he‘s not well liked by Gator fans. And remember, he’s actually a Florida alumnus!
He does what journalists are supposed to and he's received numerous national accolades for his work. The vast majority of his articles and his radio show help promote UCF.

Last edited:
Took me a while to realize this was a reference to Bianchi. I don’t get why so many people here still bash him. He may have written some negative UCF/O’Leary articles back in the day but he wasn’t necessarily wrong.
He‘s written way, way, way more positive than negative articles about UCF and he never hesitates to criticize the Gators when they deserve it and he‘s not well liked by Gator fans. And remember, he’s actually a Florida alumnus!
He does what journalists are supposed to and he's received numerous national accolades for his work. The vast majority of his articles and his radio show help promote UCF.
He changed stance when he needed clicks. Not that he likes us. He was getting more with positive articles.

Reactions: U C to the F
Yup. I got no hate for him. Feel like he's been mostly positive the last 6-8yrs.

Didn’t O’Leary kick him out? I could be wrong and way off base, but thought I heard that after all the bashing he used to do on UCF and O'Leary.

• Haha
Reactions: RZ_Knight
Didn’t O’Leary kick him out? I could be wrong and way off base, but thought I heard that after all the bashing he used to do on UCF and O'Leary.

I’ve never heard that rumor before and doubt that it’s true.
As a member of the press, Bianchi has guaranteed access to post game pressers and other media related events. Trying to kick him out would have been very big news and most assuredly would have been reported in a negative light.
We all know George can be a curmudgeonly smart-ass at times but Bianchi has written numerous glowing articles about O’Leary and his radio interviews were always very cordial IMO.
Mike has consistently touted O’Leary’s influence on getting the IPF and OCS and he always praised him for his emphasis on academics and running a tight ship with very few off-the-field incidents.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenFunk
As I understood it ... the only time GOL 'took issue' with the Orlando Media is when they utterly roasted a student-athlete. That's something he wouldn't tolerate, and someone would find themselves 'frozen out.'

I talked to many parents in the late '00s about what they thought of GOL. One student-athlete was absolutely roasted by the Orlando Media, and the one thing that GOL told his parents is that it's more about GOL running UCF than their son. Made sense to all of us.

Although with Florida being the new Criminoles by the '10s, and UCF being so clean in comparison ... my how the Orlando Media has changed! ;)

Reactions: Drew-C-F
I’ve never heard that rumor before and doubt that it’s true.
As a member of the press, Bianchi has guaranteed access to post game pressers and other media related events. Trying to kick him out would have been very big news and most assuredly would have been reported in a negative light.
We all know George can be a curmudgeonly smart-ass at times but Bianchi has written numerous glowing articles about O’Leary and his radio interviews were always very cordial IMO.
Mike has consistently touted O’Leary’s influence on getting the IPF and OCS and he always praised him for his emphasis on academics and running a tight ship with very few off-the-field incidents.
See this is how rumors get started 😂. I kind of liked that rumor of O’Leary battling the media and Bianchi but clearly I didn’t remember it correctly. That was a long time ago, I didn’t read as much back then.

See this is how rumors get started 😂. I kind of liked that rumor of O’Leary battling the media and Bianchi but clearly I didn’t remember it correctly. That was a long time ago, I didn’t read as much back then.
In general most of the Orlando Media hated us ... until we started finishing AP Top 25, let alone 10, and didn't have all the arrests that the other 4 cities in the state did ...

Especially Gainesville. When Florida lost the Orlando Media to us after 2013, and utterly after 2017, it was not good for them. We run a clean program ... they have not.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I thought new episodes were released every week. I am not seeing it posted.

There is a schedule. I don’t remember where I saw it. New one is today. Probably tonight.
Officially it's Thursdays at 1900 (EDT?).
But the first 1st dropped almost a day early, and the 2nd one just hit.

I think they skip the week after our bye week, which makes sense.
It will be interesting when we play @SMU in mid November, as both of us have our own series -- The Hilltop and Our Time.

Officially it's Thursdays at 1900 (EDT?).
But the first 1st dropped almost a day early, and the 2nd one just hit.

I think they skip the week after our bye week, which makes sense.
It will be interesting when we play @SMU in mid November, as both of us have our own series -- The Hilltop and Our Time.
I’ve watched theirs too. Was hoping ours would have been longer and less game action. I watched the game. I don’t get to see the behind the scenes stuff so wishing they’d concentrate on that.

Just watched and the more I see Bowser on here the bigger fan I become. Kid just seems very humble and hard working. Really hope he stays healthy and has a monster season leading this offense with Dillon to a NY6 bowl.
Agree, would also be cool to have another P5 transfer come in and essentially make his career happen at UCF. I am blown away by his patience as a runner. McCrae was like that to an extent but Bowser really stands out for his patience. It's also nice to get a big body in the backfield for pass protection. I always cringed whenever Otis or AK had to step up and block.

Is Mike Bianchi going to be interviewed in every episode?

I get it...
Episode 1 he can react to Malzahn to UCF
Episode 2 he can react to UCF to the Big12

If he's in episode 3, I guess we have to buckle up for the long haul and he'll be in every episode. Bianchi will ride the UCF coattails and pretend to have been a fan all along.

It made me cringe watching Bianchi pretend to be a UCF Historian. It would be less cringe-worthy if it was Marc Daniels and Mike Bianchi discussing the UCF history. I am happy he's on the Gus Bus and writing Pro-UCF articles these days. But he's a bandwagon fan rooting for the story that can elevate his platform.

agree 1000% drewster

Reactions: GoldenFunk
Is Mike Bianchi going to be interviewed in every episode?

I get it...
Episode 1 he can react to Malzahn to UCF
Episode 2 he can react to UCF to the Big12

If he's in episode 3, I guess we have to buckle up for the long haul and he'll be in every episode. Bianchi will ride the UCF coattails and pretend to have been a fan all along.

It made me cringe watching Bianchi pretend to be a UCF Historian. It would be less cringe-worthy if it was Marc Daniels and Mike Bianchi discussing the UCF history. I am happy he's on the Gus Bus and writing Pro-UCF articles these days. But he's a bandwagon fan rooting for the story that can elevate his platform.
Bianchi knows a lot about UCF sports history.

Bianchi over-promotes UCF, and can display utter ignorance at times.
I.e., there is such a thing as 'too much of a homer.'

I think thats his brand "over the top" its for or against but always inflated.

Just my 2 cents back in the early days when UCF was trying to establish itself. Bianchi didn't give them the time of day he was all about the Gators. That turned UCF fans off. In fairness during that time there was more Gator fans than UCF fans in Orlando. Over the last 8 years he has covered UCF better and even comes on this forum to collect questions for his show. I'm sure he's reading this thread. Hello Mike.... looking forward to your coverage as UCF moves to the Big 12.😎

Just my 2 cents back in the early days when UCF was trying to establish itself. Bianchi didn't give them the time of day he was all about the Gators. That turned UCF fans off. In fairness during that time there was more Gator fans than UCF fans in Orlando. Over the last 8 years he has covered UCF better and even comes on this forum to collect questions for his show. I'm sure he's reading this thread. Hello Mike.... looking forward to your coverage as UCF moves to the Big 12.😎
I agree with this. I always had the perception he didn’t support UCF, but no one did back then I guess. He is definitely a good supporter of UCF these days, I understand and forgive him for his past transgressions.

I like your UCF Football Now show w/ Jason Beede Mike, even if the audio isn’t great, especially when you yell 😂

I love that he’s a UCF supporter. Would you rather he bash us in every article? He promotes our program every opportunity he has. This helps us with our local and national branding. It helps our attendance and helps UCF earn $$$$$.

Even before his support for UCF, I found his writing informative, challenging and entertaining. His writing and sense of humor reminds me of my favorite sports writer…Orlando Sentinel writer Jerry Greene. I grew up reading Jerry’s articles every day. To me….Likening Bianchi to Jerry Greene is the ultimate compliment. I love his radio show and now…the spots he does with Jason Beede.

I love that he’s a UCF supporter. Would you rather he bash us in every article?
You mean like the snide comments he did for years prior to the '10s? ;)

He promotes our program every opportunity he has. This helps us with our local and national branding. It helps our attendance and helps UCF earn $$$$$.
Again, there was a reason why 32765 and 32766 used to have the highest number of season ticket holders and the lowest number of Orlando Slantinel subscribers.

Even before his support for UCF, I found his writing informative, challenging and entertaining. His writing and sense of humor reminds me of my favorite sports writer…Orlando Sentinel writer Jerry Greene. I grew up reading Jerry’s articles every day. To me….Likening Bianchi to Jerry Greene is the ultimate compliment. I love his radio show and now…the spots he does with Jason Beede.
Greene was much better.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Rutgers now has "Knight Flicks" videos on their Youtube channel.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I love the idea that their people get us in their search results. How's their production value compared to ours? Envy?

You mean like the snide comments he did for years prior to the '10s? ;)

Again, there was a reason why 32765 and 32766 used to have the highest number of season ticket holders and the lowest number of Orlando Slantinel subscribers.

Greene was much better.
So which is it? You don‘t want too much pro UCF or no snide remarks?

I’m fine if you don’t like him, but I want him promoting UCF, not bashing our school. In my book, there’s No such thing as too much support of our program.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
ADVERTISEMENT