ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Six Previews: Best Non "AQ" Team

That account has another UCF hard on. Keep it up social media.

Reactions: UCFBS
2008 Utah team was lights out dominant. Undefeated. They should claim a natty. They beat Michigan...obviously at Michigan. Beat Oregon State. Beat #11 TCU....late in the season. Laid a beat-down on #14 BYU...late in the season. Then laid a solid beating on Bama in their bowl game. The BCS game that year was 2 loss LSU versus 1 loss Ohio State. LSU won. I think they have a legit gripe.

2010 TCU is a tough one. Undefeated. They beat Oregon State, then ripped of 11 wins with scores 62-7, 45-10, 41-24, 27-0, 45-0, 31-3, 38-7, 48-6, 47-7, 40-35, and 66-17. That is dominating offense and defense. They beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. They finished #2 in the final poll. Two undefeated teams played in the BCS title game, Bama and Texas. Can you claim a natty....probably not. Texas had a similar schedule with TCU. Bama had a very tough schedule....especially the last two weeks. They beat#1 Florida and #2 Texas. If TCU played either of them, could they have won....you bet they could but we'll never know.

2006 Boise State. Undefeated. Blew away almost every team they played, then beat #10 Oklahoma in bowl game. A 1 loss Florida team played a no loss Ohio State, and UF won. Can they claim a natty....probably not.

We got lucky but that is part of the game. If Oklahoma or Clemson is playing in the CFI final I don't think we could have claimed one, but I certainly agree with what we've done based on how things played out.

The 2008 Utah and 2010 TCU teams are when the Anti-Trust letters starting flying, first from the Utah AG, then from the US AG at the US DoJ itself. I say keep-it-up! This is how P5 invites happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT