ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Fans @ Game = Low Class

CBlackwellRN

Silver Knight
Oct 21, 2001
Orlando, Florida
drchristopherblackwell.com
I’m not sure if it was just our section or not (110, Row AA), but the Pitt fans around our large contingency of UCF fans at the game were very low class. They constantly dropped f-bombs around little kids, screamed obscenities at the UCF fans, threatened to throw an older female UCF fan in-front of us down the stairs at the half if she didn’t sit down and stop cheering, etc. My 76 year-old dad got onto one of them about dropping MF bombs around the little kids sitting in front of us. And having my fill of the trash behind me, I finally turned around and asked the guy to show some class, to which he replied, “I ain’t got no class!” More obnoxious and classless behavior ensued from them walking out of the stadium as they berated UCF, our conference, etc. It was really ridiculous. Reminded me a lot of the total trashy fans @ uf and usf. I wasn’t expecting that from their fan base at all. How incredibly sad they represent their University in that manner. Yuck.

I’m not sure if it was just our section or not (110, Row AA), but the Pitt fans around our large contingency of UCF fans at the game were very low class. They constantly dropped f-bombs around little kids, screamed obscenities at the UCF fans, threatened to throw an older female UCF fan in-front of us down the stairs at the half if she didn’t sit down and stop cheering, etc. My 76 year-old dad got onto one of them about dropping MF bombs around the little kids sitting in front of us. And having my fill of the trash behind me, I finally turned around and asked the guy to show some class, to which he replied, “I ain’t got no class!” More obnoxious and classless behavior ensued from them walking out of the stadium as they berated UCF, our conference, etc. It was really ridiculous. Reminded me a lot of the total trashy fans @ uf and usf. I wasn’t expecting that from their fan base at all. How incredibly sad they represent their University in that manner. Yuck.
It just totally sucks to lose games on the road
Additionally, we are a hated brand. They got the win, so they have earned the right to let us know about it to a POINT

Unfortunately, classless immature fans are out there.

What bothers me is that we crushed them last year and they are 2-2. They should be acting a little more humble based on that.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN

I heard plenty of that last year at UCF -- "Shit on Pitt" and "you f-ing suck" in front of my kids. Bad enough that I got into it verbally on behalf of my daughters and the cops came.

Of course, it ended when I said, "Did you go to UCF? What Orlando restaurant do you work for?"

And that’s why, other than Navy, I don’t go to away games. To me not worth being the bad guy when I can grill out in my backyard and watch.

Reactions: KISA
And that’s why, other than Navy, I don’t go to away games. To me not worth being the bad guy when I can grill out in my backyard and watch.
I’m limiting it to 2-3 a year. It’s just too much money for a loss. Ruins the trip a bit

I spent at least $100 just in Uber fees

I’m limiting it to 2-3 a year. It’s just too much money for a loss. Ruins the trip a bit

I spent at least $100 just in Uber fees

My wife had a conference in Pitt a month ago and we rented a car for $130 and really enjoyed the city. Went all over. Not one person cared about my ucf hat. I gone to too many we lose and ruins the trip

Reactions: Ucfmikes
My wife had a conference in Pitt a month ago and we rented a car for $130 and really enjoyed the city. Went all over. Not one person cared about my ucf hat. I gone to too many we lose and ruins the trip
Exactly. I’m going to be really picky

I’m obviously going to any game in Florida and only cool cities or stadiums that I’ve always wanted to see.

Reactions: ProAttitude
I was in section 111, row B and the guy right in front of me was yelling at Gabriel on the sidelines the whole 2nd half. Dropping F bombs and telling him to go spread his VD and aids around Florida. He was flipping us off and his buddies were encouraging him to continue his nasty comments.

I was in section 111, row B and the guy right in front of me was yelling at Gabriel on the sidelines the whole 2nd half. Dropping F bombs and telling him to go spread his VD and aids around Florida. He was flipping us off and his buddies were encouraging him to continue his nasty comments.

Wow I’m embarrassed for that guy. Talked about hammered. No thanks (especially with kids I bring). When we lost to FIU years ago I was done. Except again Navy.

I heard plenty of that last year at UCF -- "Shit on Pitt" and "you f-ing suck" in front of my kids. Bad enough that I got into it verbally on behalf of my daughters and the cops came.

Of course, it ended when I said, "Did you go to UCF? What Orlando restaurant do you work for?"
Two wrongs make a right mentality? Give me a break man.

Similar to our section. What a bunch of classless fools. I have never understood the embarrassing mentality of the low-intellect who engage in that kind of behavior at sporting events.

I've been going to Pitt games for 45 years and what was described is VERY rare in my experience. Why? Because we don't have a lot of fans and those that do are hardcore supporters not casual trolls. Besides, we don't care all that much about a self promoting, overrated AAC team.
There you go. Show that class cool guy.

funny, head over to the Pitt board and get their impressions of you wonderful folks...people are people and are the same everywhere...much like sour grapes are sour everywhere also......

Similar to our section. What a bunch of classless fools. I have never understood the embarrassing mentality of the low-intellect who engage in that kind of behavior at sporting events.
"I know, boorish behavior Thurston.. Absolute cads, each and every one!"...

"Now now Lovey, off to our brie brunch and a spirited croquet match at the club".......

Reactions: gopitt10
I've been going to Pitt games for 45 years and what was described is VERY rare in my experience. Why? Because we don't have a lot of fans and those that do are ignorant. Besides, we don't care all that much about college football.

FIFY
And your chants of “overrated” prove your ignorance. We kicked your asses last year and gifted you a win this year by doing stupid shit like taunting your QB after planting his ass in the grass. Maybe just send a thank you card instead.

At the end of the day, I’m not cool with fans on either side acting like pricks especially in front of old folks and kids. I’ll check a UCF fan anytime for that garbage.

Last edited:
I’ve been a season ticket holder at Pitt for 20+ years and unfortunately I have to say UCF fans were definitely among the worst I’ve seen. Terribly arrogant, terrible language, etc. That says a lot when we regularly played WVU for many years.

Just as a general note: If you come into ANY away teams stadium spouting off from before opening kickoff and vulgar in language, you are going to get a negative response from surrounding home fans. It’s unfortunate on both sides.

I’ve been a season ticket holder at Pitt for 20+ years and unfortunately I have to say UCF fans were definitely among the worst I’ve seen. Terribly arrogant, terrible language, etc. That says a lot when we regularly played WVU for many years.

Just as a general note: If you come into ANY away teams stadium spouting off from before opening kickoff and vulgar in language, you are going to get a negative response from surrounding home fans. It’s unfortunate on both sides.
Honestly I am sure it was a minority of the fans on both sides. But while I will likely get trashed on here I do think ucf has a bit of a chip on their backs because they haven't been included to the party this typically causes worse behavior and arrogance. Similar to b12 fans ,whose team isnt tx or OK, they are worried that their invitation to the party will get pulled so they are quickly defensive

Reactions: MIPittfan

85 with a nice breeze in cocoa beach grill going and only hollering was my little one. Sometimes being home is the best

I was in section 111, three Pitt guys sitting in the first row were taunting and harassing our fan base through the whole game. It was clear they were trying to start a fight. They looked like they had mental issues for sure. Our fan base handled it well. My wife and I just putt him on ignore and nothing came of it. But, he did nothing for the Pitt fan base.

I've been going to Pitt games for 45 years and what was described is VERY rare in my experience. Why? Because we don't have a lot of fans and those that do are hardcore supporters not casual trolls. Besides, we don't care all that much about a self promoting, overrated AAC team.
Overrated AAC team? Did you see the 15,000 fans (i'm being generous) reactions after winning the game ? Looked like you guys just won your first title I'll give that a 2/10 troll attempt.

Overrated AAC team? Did you see the 15,000 fans (i'm being generous) reactions after winning the game ? Looked like you guys just won your first title I'll give that a 2/10 troll attempt.
I’ve tried to stay out of the bickering that has started because I like UCF and their fans, but I’ve seen comments like these a couple times now and I don’t get them.

How are the players and fans supposed to react? We just beat a ranked team at home in a very thrilling game. That should be a credit to UCF for how far they’ve come as a program.

What are you referring to that made it seem like we won our tenth title? Was it the players jumping into the student section? That happens every game after a win. Was it the “overrated” chants? They did that after the Miami game in 2017. I saw the reactions after the game and I saw nothing that was out of the ordinary.

I’ve tried to stay out of the bickering that has started because I like UCF and their fans, but I’ve seen comments like these a couple times now and I don’t get them.

How are the players and fans supposed to react? We just beat a ranked team at home in a very thrilling game. That should be a credit to UCF for how far they’ve come as a program.

What are you referring to that made it seem like we won our tenth title? Was it the players jumping into the student section? That happens every game after a win. Was it the “overrated” chants? They did that after the Miami game in 2017. I saw the reactions after the game and I saw nothing that was out of the ordinary.

These things really don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. I tip my hat to Pitt for a game that they deserved to win and earned on the field of play. I also tip my hat to you Hail as you’ve been nothing but a class act and a great ambassador for Pitt.

Come on man. UCF averages essentially the same # of fans per game as we do at Pitt and you are in your absolute peak of attendance. I can take attendance comments from PSU, but UCF - c’mon. You’ve had great on field success lately and due to that, an unbelievably nice spike in attendance. I’d hope/expect Pitt would average 60k if we were 11-1 or 12-0 multiple years vs 7-5.

Also, guess what? - when you pull out a last minute win vs anyone your team is going to be excited. In case you haven’t come out of your UCF fan cave the last few years - this isn’t the first major win Pitt has had recently - #2 Miami, #3 Clemson, PSU, etc. So get off your high horse like this is our biggest win ever - it’s far from it even in a 3-4 year period. We’ve played 2 teams better than UCF in the first 4 weeks better than UCF and better than UCF will play all season. Such is the life of a Power 5 team. We would’ve celebrated either of those wins just as much (more so vs PSU)

Also, I find it funny that a fan of the program who made themselves national championship rings and put up signage/billboards for a year they didn’t really win the N.C. is talking about a team or fan base over-celebrating a win.

Honestly a few of you sound like Rutgers fans 15 years ago - can’t handle newly found success. That arrogance really flipped on them - better enjoy it now, as you never know what the future holds. We should know as Pitt fans - 70’s/80’s era Pitt success vs mid 90’s disaster . Just remember you’ve had more losing seasons than winning ones in D-1 and multiple WINLESS seasons. Enjoy the current success now and just don’t get too cocky about it.

FIFY
And your chants of “overrated” prove your ignorance. We kicked your asses last year and gifted you a win this year by doing stupid shit like taunting your QB after planting his ass in the grass. Maybe just send a thank you card instead.

At the end of the day, I’m not cool with fans on either side acting like pricks especially in front of old folks and kids. I’ll check a UCF fan anytime for that garbage.

I guess you gifted us those six sacks and 12 tackles for losses too?

Your fans and players were right to celebrate. It’s just that overrated stuff that sounds stupid after the run UCF has been on for three years.

I mean, its pittsburgh. These people cant live anywhere else because theyre trash.

Oh here it comes. Now tell us the real story line maybe you were running mouth. That would be similar to all of your fans in 112..

Ran their mouths the whole game, I just enjoyed the game and wave bye as the left.

Douche bag!!
Your team just proved what others have been saying, play a P5 opponent each week not just getting up for an occasional game.

FIFY

Dude shut up! It's obvious you nothing about football! Your offense did NOTHING until Our loss 2 of their top 3 cornerbacks.

Pits line Dominated the game...lose a few long passes against the 4th or 5th corners, and your O did much of nothing

Reactions: Panthertag
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT