ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's huge play on loop

By moving Pittman from nose tackle to DE, he's able to display his mobility and quickness on sacks (he had 2 of our 5) and dominance. Hill's a real force in the middle to stop the run game. Pittman was only at nose tackle because he was our best lineman, but he was always getting double teamed. Now he's able to show he's a real game changer.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he will from here on out.
And also not give up your body for meaningless yards (he wasn't near a first down). Even at 235 lbs, Pittman had 65 lbs on him, not to mention his momentum of flying at him.

And also not give up your body for meaningless yards (he wasn't near a first down). Even at 235 lbs, Pittman had 65 lbs on him, not to mention his momentum of flying at him.

Pitt was a human wrecking ball on that play. He broke loose of his tackle, then took an angle to the QB and hit him at full speed.

We're lucky he didn't also take out our own #2 Chequan Burkett .

Still no word out of Marlyand on the extent of Hill's injury.

Last edited:
bump, anyone hear any word on Kasim Hill's injury? Hope he is ok. Kid is a baller.
Yeah i hate seeing kids go down like that especially when a big boy like pitt rolls up on the back of the knee on turf nonetheless. Hope it was a stinger/hyperextension. Kids a player for sure.

"The 6-foot-2, 232 pound freshman spun and was immediately met by two Knight defenders who slammed him to the turf, where he laid for a couple minutes until he was helped off by trainers. 'The play Kasim got hurt on, it was a pass and he was scrambling. I don't know. It's just part of the game," Durkin said. "There's plenty of offenses out there that run with a quarterback and they do just fine. It's part of the game. It's certainly something we talk about and have educated him on, on how to avoid hits and all that, but at the end of the day he's a competitor. It was a dropback pass, it was covered, he scrambled and he got hit.' Hill wasn’t able to put any weight on his right leg and was carted to the locker room shortly afterwards."
Will know tomorrow:
"Second-year coach DJ Durkin will give an update on Hill’s injury at his weekly Tuesday news conference, a team spokesman said. Hill appeared to sustain a serious knee injury after getting sandwiched by two UCF defenders."

ADVERTISEMENT