ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling with inexperienced QBs

Knightwalker94

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2015
Coming into this season, not one of our QBs had started more than 2 games for us. Experience matters. Unless you're dealing with a true phenom, you're almost always going to scale back the playbook when dealing with inexperienced quarterbacks.

DG is the future, but it's going to take time to expand the playbook. The only way he's going to improve and learn is with more playing time.

At the same time, I do think there is some reluctance to let DG scramble and run, perhaps out of fear that he's not a big guy, and they don't want to risk another injury. We saw KZ take some pretty vicious hits over the past few years, even before the one that took out his knee. Any one of those hits could have been a career ender. We've already seen plenty of QBs go down this year in college and the NFL. Right or wrong I really don't know. But I do know that if DG were to get hurt on a running play or scramble, almost everyone on this board would be screaming for CJH's head for allowing it to happen in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News