ADVERTISEMENT

Playing Like Champions

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
UCF continues to play like champions despite the fact that they have had a target on their back all season. We need to continue to be positive!

Look what Temple did yesterday...
http://www.theamerican.org/news/201...ds-6-tds-power-temple-past-houston-59-49.aspx
Our game against them was a champion effort by our guys.

Yesterday Navy changed their defensive look which was nothing ever seen on tape before and our team continued to play like champions and adjust with run game which Navy thought they could stop.

Beat Cincy and play SMU at home for championship.

Decimate USF.

UCF continues to play like champions despite the fact that they have had a target on their back all season. We need to continue to be positive!

http://www.theamerican.org/news/201...ds-6-tds-power-temple-past-houston-59-49.aspx

Yesterday Navy changed their defensive look which was nothing ever seen on tape before and our team continued to play like champions and adjust with run game which Navy thought they could stop.

Decimate USF.
This argument that everyone plays up for an upset over UCF is silly. Acting like people don’t do that to Bama or any other team ignores the truth. The difference between you and Bama is that Bama is shutting out and dominating teams that are good, while UCF does alright and forgets how to play defense against bad teams. Which one is really playing like champions?

This argument that everyone plays up for an upset over UCF is silly. Acting like people don’t do that to Bama or any other team ignores the truth. The difference between you and Bama is that Bama is shutting out and dominating teams that are good, while UCF does alright and forgets how to play defense against bad teams. Which one is really playing like champions?
Both are actually true. Teams do circle games against both UCF and Alabama while UCF and Alabama have to prepare for all opponents equally. Game plans against UCF have been entirely different from what these teams show on film and they pull out all the stops with trick plays, fakes, and 4th down calls. The fact is Alabama is quite a bit better than any other team in the country so other teams best shot is nowhere near enough. The gap between UCF and their opponents is closer.

I was talking about being a conference champion first which is something Alabama failed to do last season. Too many fans on this site are forgetting what is possible without getting caught up in the popularity contest.

UCF competing against the double standard of the CFP is useless. They need to continue to play to win championships and bowl games. It was funny to watch ESPN2 on Sunday talk about the CFP and have one announcer speak highly of Oklahoma who won the last two games by 3 points and is knocking at the door of getting into top 4 while UCF sits at 12 and hasn't had a big enough point difference in their scores.

Since, many who don't know the UCF program tell us to sit in the back of the bus; we will continue to be a thorn in the side of the P5 :) We will do this simply by winning the games we get to play and UCF is NOT alone. There are other Division I football programs currently prejudiced against who will show the flaws of the current system that some claimed would perfectly replace the BCS system.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Decimate USF.
The Navy defense wasn't the problem. We should have been playing five linebackers or six linemen to stop the run. Their passing game was no threat.

The difference between you and Bama is that Bama is shutting out and dominating teams that are good, while UCF does alright and forgets how to play defense against bad teams. Which one is really playing like champions?

So you're saying Bama is probably better. There's a hot take. Now do the other 11 teams the CFP has ahead of us.

The Navy defense wasn't the problem. We should have been playing five linebackers or six linemen to stop the run. Their passing game was no threat.
I'm watching the game with Navy having only one WR for most of the game and wondering "why on critical plays do we only have one outside defender against one offensive blocker who manages to cover our one outside defender so the speedy guy can run down the sidelines?" Even boxing DEs would have shut that thing down if the middle LBs keyed on the QB :)

I think moving a safety to the WR side where almost every successful pitch play went would have made a big difference in sealing the edge. Our CB was getting killed on that play.......

I'm watching the game with Navy having only one WR for most of the game and wondering "why on critical plays do we only have one outside defender against one offensive blocker who manages to cover our one outside defender so the speedy guy can run down the sidelines?" Even boxing DEs would have shut that thing down if the middle LBs keyed on the QB :)
Good analysis. There were some obvious misses on the defensive side.
I'm thinking we are in a bit of a Mike crisis. The middle LB play has been uninspiring. I'm not sure if there are injuries or what is going on. The tackles have been missing several games too. Regardless, the personnel usage has been meh. I'd like to see Shannon be a little more creative midgame.

Good analysis. There were some obvious misses on the defensive side.
I'm thinking we are in a bit of a Mike crisis. The middle LB play has been uninspiring. I'm not sure if there are injuries or what is going on. The tackles have been missing several games too. Regardless, the personnel usage has been meh. I'd like to see Shannon be a little more creative midgame.

I heard LB Jaz on radio interview after game say that the halftime adjustments actually made things confusing for our D. Don't know why you change a D that held them to 3 points in 1st half?

I heard LB Jaz on radio interview after game say that the halftime adjustments actually made things confusing for our D. Don't know why you change a D that held them to 3 points in 1st half?
I missed most of the first half, so maybe that's why it looked so bad to me. The LBs just weren't getting in there. The same was true of the Temple game.

I missed most of the first half, so maybe that's why it looked so bad to me. The LBs just weren't getting in there. The same was true of the Temple game.
Other than Jaz recovering the fumble his name wasn't mentioned I don't believe. He has an unimpressive 45 tackles at this point for the season. He was credited with 104 total tackles last year. He had a big Navy game. Ever since he was hurt in early season this year, he seemed to cool off. Don't know if we need to start playing Jax freshmen LB more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT