ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Ranking Predictions

I think it’s hilarious about how we were joking about a second undefeated season at the beginning of this year and talking about 24-26 and 0.

We were all wondering if it was possible to get in or not. I felt that it was possible.

If we beat Memphis with ease with Milton (not now) or Mack, and the 3 scenarios were to happen (unlikely) then we are in

That’s not the 1 in a million odds that many of us were saying

I'm sorry but whats the point of the committee when their rankings basically just mirror the AP?

Because if we beat Memphis easily that would make it harder to keep us out. This is all pure bs. If going undefeated for 2 seasons doesn't get us in, no one in the G5 will ever get in.

It's horseshit at this point, no question about it. And to make it even worse, UCF could go undefeated next year as well and still not get in.

I'm sorry but whats the point of the committee when their rankings basically just mirror the AP?
The point is the committee is all P5 ADs, coaches and commissioners tasked with ensuring no G5 finds a spot in the final 4. They are a buffer

I think it’s hilarious about how we were joking about a second undefeated season at the beginning of this year and talking about 24-26 and 0.

We were all wondering if it was possible to get in or not. I felt that it was possible.

If we beat Memphis with ease with Milton (not now) or Mack, and the 3 scenarios were to happen (unlikely) then we are in

That’s not the 1 in a million odds that many of us were saying
If we go undefeated 5 years in a row, we might get in.

If we go undefeated 5 years in a row, we might get in.
Let’s not get crazy.

Let’s face it, in 2018 it was all about the schedule. If we played just one team in the top
10-15 and won, We would be in.

Good P5 teams won’t schedule a 1 and 1
Or even a 2 for 1

The Memphis game 31-30 didn’t help either

I’m not 100% sold on the conspiracy theory

Maybe I’m one of the only UCF fans who doesn’t and that’s fine

We didn’t beat a single team in the top 15
All of the top 4 teams right now did

Even Clemson beat Syracuse, but most of their other wins were complete blowouts. We showed class and protected KZ. We didn’t run up the score and guess what? He got injured anyway.
Not that running up the score was the best option, but with Mack, we ran the ball at the end of games.

The constantly playing victim thing is getting old.

Last edited:
We certainly wouldn’t be behind Ohio State, Michigan and even Oklahoma

Whatever happened to the conspiracy theory that 12 was our ceiling??? Hmmm

Reactions: Crazyhole
If a FBS team wins 'em all they should be in a FBS playoff. The 4 team playoff clearly isn't enough to ensure that. Expand and demand that all FBS teams only schedule other FBS teams.

If a FBS team wins 'em all they should be in a FBS playoff. The 4 team playoff clearly isn't enough to ensure that. Expand and demand that all FBS teams only schedule other FBS teams.
I agree with that. No FBS team should be playing an FCS team. Right then and there Florida plays 2 more FBS teams. UCF?

How many has Alabama played this year?
UCF?

Here's what really infuriates me.

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that they will use KZ's injury the next time a G5 should be in the playoff, but isn't given a shot. Just like they use UH to pretend a G5 has a path.

"Look at Houston a few years ago, they beat good teams and were ranked #6, before they ran into injury troubles"

What goes unsaid, is that was not their CFI ranking. They dropped a game before the first CFI ranking. They would have been moved back to 10 or 12 like UCF was.

Now it will be:
"Look at UCF a few years ago. They were poised to get in, before thier QB went down late in the season"

Even Clemson beat Syracuse, but most of their other wins were complete blowouts. We showed class and protected KZ. We didn’t run up the score and guess what? He got injured anyway.
Not that running up the score was the best option, but with Mack, we ran the ball at the end of games.

Careful, say something like that and you could be accused of heresy. Or worse.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said, but at this point in the season undefeated is more impressive than 11-1 with a win over a top 15 team. You got 12 chances to prove you are the best team on the field and only 4 teams have been able to do that so far. Week 6 or 7, the eyeball test is much more valid. By week 12, not so much because you have a nearly complete resume to go by.

The difference is we do not get an opportunity to PLAY top 15 teams. We paid for a damn sign in Tuscaloosa, and used a flying banner, and Bama still won't play us.

The difference is we do not get an opportunity to PLAY top 15 teams. We paid for a damn sign in Tuscaloosa, and used a flying banner, and Bama still won't play us.
I 100% agree. We don’t have the option to fix this problem. Fans of other teams just don’t get this

When they constantly keep the P5 teams ranked and continue to not rank G5 ones it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. P5 plays ranked teams because they rank P5 teams. They control our SOS with their rankings then turn around and blame us.

Syracuse was propped up for Clemson.

When they constantly keep the P5 teams ranked and continue to not rank G5 ones it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. P5 plays ranked teams because they rank P5 teams. They control our SOS with their rankings then turn around and blame us.

Syracuse was propped up for Clemson.
First of all, in general P5 teams are better than G5 teams. That’s why P5 teams are ranked higher. An argument to the contrary is crazy.

Just look what Oklahoma State did to Boise. Look what we did to Cincinnati. They are good, but not good enough to get us in the playoffs. Certainly not a top 15 team.

Look what happened to ranked USF. Look what Minnesota did to ranked Fresno. Michigan State to Utah State. Any others??

Second, saying that Syracuse was propped up for Clemson was the exact conspiracy theory that I was talking about.

Last year at this time there were 6 2-loss "P-5" teams, all ranked ahead of us. We were #14

This year there are only 2 2-loss "P-5" teams and only one of them is ahead of us. We are #8

We definitely are getting more respect based on the back-to-back undefeated seasons, but we also are getting helped out by the circumstances around us. No doubt that Wash St would be ahead of us if this were last year, and also probably Florida and LSU.

Reactions: Mikesi
Last year at this time there were 6 2-loss "P-5" teams, all ranked ahead of us. We were #14

This year there are only 2 2-loss "P-5" teams and only one of them is ahead of us. We are #8

We definitely are getting more respect based on the back-to-back undefeated seasons, but we also are getting helped out by the circumstances around us. No doubt that Wash St would be ahead of us if this were last year, and also probably Florida and LSU.

One of the biggest things working in UCFs favor is the fact that there are no Cinderella stories this year. Not having a flavor of the week in the G5 has secured UCFs place as the cream of the crop, and there arent other schools taking that attention away. Not saying this affects the rankings, just media attention.

One of the biggest things working in UCFs favor is the fact that there are no Cinderella stories this year. Not having a flavor of the week in the G5 has secured UCFs place as the cream of the crop, and there arent other schools taking that attention away. Not saying this affects the rankings, just media attention.

that all got put to bed by the Herbie curse.........

Reactions: Mikesi
First of all, in general P5 teams are better than G5 teams. That’s why P5 teams are ranked higher. An argument to the contrary is crazy.

Just look what Oklahoma State did to Boise. Look what we did to Cincinnati. They are good, but not good enough to get us in the playoffs. Certainly not a top 15 team.

Look what happened to ranked USF. Look what Minnesota did to ranked Fresno. Michigan State to Utah State. Any others??

Second, saying that Syracuse was propped up for Clemson was the exact conspiracy theory that I was talking about.

I'd counter with UCF's opponents have the 2nd highest winning percentage (for Top 10 teams) against P5 teams. Notre Dame is #1.

at the ACC Championship press conference

Quotes like this carry much more weight IMO than the rankings of sportswriters or some random committee. I am going to be rooting hard for Pitt to win on saturday and knock Clemson out of the playoff, or at least create some chaos. Ideally, UCF gets into the playoff as a 2 or 3 seed against ND so we can see who the 2nd best team really is. No offense intended, but Bama is a once in a generation team so I would hate to see UCF have to take that on in the first round. It would be an unfair setback to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT