ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Bank products

How many services do you have from your primary bank?

• Total voters

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
The genesis of the current Wells Fargo scandal is grounded in selling multiple banking services to customers. My question for the WC, do you currently use more than one service ( checking, savings, traditional IRA, certificate of deposit, mortgage, credit card, among others ) from your primary bank?

MI-CR735_CROSS_9U_20160915184217.jpg

We are spread out between a number of banks. It's kind of irritating to keep track of. I have a Checking, CC, and Car loan at my primary bank, Chase. MM somewhere, "savings" somewhere else (at a CU keeping me a member, basically). security/IRAs/401ks with 4 different banks and CCs (that aren't all used, mind you) all over the place.

Reactions: USFSucks
Checking and savings. All my credit cards are with different banks/institutions.

Why? Because that's how I roll.

I think @NiseyyD and I use 5 banks between the two of us for just checking and savings, then you add in credit cards and loans, it's all spread out. I think we have an online bank that we have 5-6 different savings accounts with, that's probably the largest bank we use.

Reactions: jetsaholic
Mines all spread out as well. I enjoy playing the games, but not as crafty / as much time to invest in doing fun stuff.

Painful to see people get anything <2% CB unless theyre hitting a sign up bonus on CC. Ditto <3% on their primary savings. Free ACH transfers widely available definitely a fun hobby moving my direct deposit around every ~6 months pocketing signup bonuses & closing the account after I don't have to pay any fees window.

I'll count up mine for shiggles:

Quick count: 14 liquid checking & savings 20 CCs + a business w a checking & savings & 2 CCs. Lot of them are cash accts r dormant & the CCs sock drawered. With mint it's not really the administrative headache it sounds like.

Mines all spread out as well. I enjoy playing the games, but not as crafty / as much time to invest in doing fun stuff.

Painful to see people get anything <2% CB unless theyre hitting a sign up bonus on CC. Ditto <3% on their primary savings. Free ACH transfers widely available definitely a fun hobby moving my direct deposit around every ~6 months pocketing signup bonuses & closing the account after I don't have to pay any fees window.

I'll count up mine for shiggles:

Quick count: 14 liquid checking & savings 20 CCs + a business w a checking & savings & 2 CCs. Lot of them are cash accts r dormant & the CCs sock drawered. With mint it's not really the administrative headache it sounds like.

Way too much work. I'd fuk something up and lose it all. I'll stick with my one BoA CC with the 321 cash back plus 10%. I get 20-40 bucks back a month. That's good enough for me. I'd be Trump rich if I could charge my gas to my personal card though. The company gets that.

The 3-2-1s r decent options for people who don't enjoy this stuff, but depending on what ur 3-2-1 spend breakdown is (shit ton of 1%?$ u could benefit from a 2% everywhere card like the Fidelity VISA from Elan.

For my gas I don't consume a lot but I use a Barclay Card Sallie Mae branded CC 5% CB on first $250/cycle (as well as first 5% on $250 groceries & like $800 on books ((Amazon)) . People can shave off a few bucks by purchasing gas GCs @ 8% from reputable merchs & ebay + the Publix gas GCs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT