ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: How can we help UCF's Men's Basketball Program?

How can we improve the Men's Basketball Program?

• On field performance

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Fan Donation

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Better UCF Men's Basketball Marketing around Orlando Community

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Better in game experience

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Recruiting

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Better Students Involvement and attendance

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Better facilities and Basketball Program investment

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Coaching

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Knightrogen

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
I know I am a Basketball fan and you can see from the dungeon that I have started a lot of threads about UCF Basketball or Orlando Magic. I admit I am a big Basketball fan. I love the Knights and I love the Magic. So please excuse me of starting another one.

I was in Church today and this idea suddenly popped up in my mind: Memphis Basketball has the no.1 recruiting class this year and USF is going to be damn decent next year. How can our dearly Knights develop our Basketball program? We are going to have Matt Milon next year and if he is a high school prospect now, he is easily a five star player. And we are going to have Alabama Mr. Basketball next year. UCF might not be that bad.

Louisville's 3 year average Basketball revenue is 44 million per year and UCF's last year's Basketball revenue is 3.3 million

We have a lot of upside. But the gap is huge and non-comparable. 44 vs 3. What makes that big of a difference? How can we increase our Basketball revenue? And how can UCF develop its Basketball program?

I know UCF is a football school but we have good group of fans that follow UCF Basketball decades of years.

As a fan, I have followed UCF Basketball since my freshman year in College and I was a student manager for the team for 2 and half years.

I just want a brainstorm on the state of Basketball program.

I think next year we could be in contention for post season again, if not NCAA tournament but definitely NIT. The roster upgrade is not complete yet and we could have 2 or 3 spots open up for transfers and recruits. It is a complete new team and new expectation.

June 20th is also going to be an exciting day. I will be glad to see when Tacko Fall is going to be drafted. He is changing GMs and Scouts minds now with his NBA Combine performance. Aubrey and BJ will definitely get NBA Summer League Invite. And hopefully with a strong performance, they could get a training camp invite. And hopefully again, they could make a NBA roster. But fingers crossed.

We had the best team in UCF Men's Basketball history last year. Let's wait and see next year. I will buy season tickets and hope that helps the program too.

Just my opinion

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News