ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Charlie Strong...what has he gotten himself into?

Wow. Thanks for the link. When it's out there so soon in his tenure for all to read what this judge said to Strong, that's not at all good for the program and the fanbase. We don't want that type of thing at UCF. No way
Yes, that could hurt their conference-leading attendance. But seriously, with formerly high-attendance Cincy and ECU not being competitive, I do worry about the AAC's gate. Houston and Memphis attendance has risen at least.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
:popcorn:
Peanuts-schadenfreude.png

And Strong can't pull off his arrogance act at USF like he did at Louisville and Texas. Playing USF this year is going to launch a new brand of rivalry with Strong to hate.

Man, what a dumb ass judge. Strong gives these guys an opportunity to play college football, he isn't their moral conscience. I'm no fan of Strong or USF, but this judge is completely unfair. These are men that broke the law not children. They make their own decisions and he has been their coach for less than six months. He will drop them from the team, just like every other coach would. I guess the judge was mad that Strong couldn't see into the future.

I think it's sweet that Florida allows persons that are slower to become judges, I would just prefer that they concentrate on the case before them and not opine on issues outside of their control.

Hey Happy Hand, That Judge has a difficult job. How do you think she feels having to see all those duh*bulls in front of her in orange jumpsuits? (Orange is the new Green)... Plus, it is rape. It is disgusting. I'm on the judge's side. The coach needs to have an all hands meeting with the team and scare the bejesus out them to do the right thing. They should listen to her and clean up that cess pool over there.

In my opinion the judge did USF a favor by getting this some news coverage. Make it stop already. It is embarrassing for all involved.

for those who belittle the judge then you are part of the problem as well. That is how the Baylor rape situation got out of hand. The admin AND coach, then fans did not do enough to stop it. We should demand that Coach Strong make a strong statement and show some leadership.

Either that or just shut the program down...

Man, what a dumb ass judge. Strong gives these guys an opportunity to play college football, he isn't their moral conscience. I'm no fan of Strong or USF, but this judge is completely unfair. These are men that broke the law not children. They make their own decisions and he has been their coach for less than six months. He will drop them from the team, just like every other coach would. I guess the judge was mad that Strong couldn't see into the future.

I think it's sweet that Florida allows persons that are slower to become judges, I would just prefer that they concentrate on the case before them and not opine on issues outside of their control.
All this may be true (or not), but it's USF's coach, so who cares if he reemed his ass just for the hell of it and for us to enjoy. [cheers]:cool2:

Man, what a dumb ass judge.
Although she does have every right to opine sans bias, I would prefer our judges to have a better grasp of Latin. While referring to oneself as "alumni" is forgivable on your average message board, color me none-too-impressed that she referred to herself as "alumni" and "alum" at points in her lame attention-grab.

There are several declensions for Latin nouns, each with their own rules. And since Latin rules are superseded by English ones, we don't say campi, but rather campuses. Alumnae is acceptable as are alums for plural, alumnus or alumna and alumni for singular by gender. However, fourth declension Latin male nouns end in "us" and so do the plural and possessive.

There are several declensions for Latin nouns, each with their own rules. And since Latin rules are superseded by English ones, we don't say campi, but rather campuses. Alumnae is acceptable as are alums for plural, alumnus or alumna and alumni for singular by gender. However, fourth declension Latin male nouns end in "us" and so do the plural and possessive.
Sure, alum/alums has become acceptable in casual speak and can disregard gender and most are unaware that words like data and media are actually pluralization, but are you saying that "alumni" is now acceptable as singular?

Sure, alum/alums has become acceptable in casual speak and can disregard gender and most are unaware that words like data and media are actually pluralization, but are you saying that "alumni" is now acceptable as singular?
"I am an alumni" is the only type of usage of alumni that should refer to a male. But these days, nouns that unnecessarily highlight gender are being jettisoned, especially if these were once totally reserved for or relegated to one gender. Examples are actress is now actor, chairman or chair is preferred over chairwoman (or even chairperson), waitress by server, songstress by singer, stewardess by flight attendant, male nurse is nurse, repairman is service worker.

"I am an alumni" is the only type of usage of alumni that should refer to a male.
Again, you are claiming the word alumni to be singular. As far as I have ever known, stating "I am an alumni" is akin to "I am a graduates."
Gender was never the issue; seems singular and plural are readily discernible.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Again, you are claiming the word alumni to be singular. As far as I have ever known, stating "I am an alumni" is akin to "I am a graduates."
Gender was never the issue; seems singular and plural are readily discernible.

From Wikipedia...

An alumnus (/əˈlʌmnəs/; masculine, plural alumni/əˈlʌmnaɪ/), an alumna (/əˈlʌmnə/; feminine, plural alumnae/əˈlʌmniː/), or an alumnum (/əˈlʌmnəm/; neuter, plural alumna/əˈlʌmnə/) is a former student, and commonly a graduate, of a school, college, or university.[1][2] An alumnus can also be a former member, employee, contributor, or inmate, as well as a former student.[2][3]

Reactions: dbmullet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT