ADVERTISEMENT

Pope Francis calls for civil union law for same-sex couples, in shift from Vatican stance

I agree with him. Gay couples can't get married so they should be able to have civil unions that grant them the same legal protections as any married couple. Pretty much like what we do here.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
I agree with him. Gay couples can't get married so they should be able to have civil unions that grant them the same legal protections as any married couple. Pretty much like what we do here.
We do it here because of a 5-4 scotus decision. Would today's supreme court even have legalized gay marriage? Doubtful.

Civil union is a legal status, not a religious one. Not condoning Gay sex in their faith, has nothing to do with providing legal status between them. Personally I don't believe marriage should be a legal issue, The legal agreement should be a civil union. Marriage has a specific meaning and purpose.

Civil union is a legal status, not a religious one. Not condoning Gay sex in their faith, has nothing to do with providing legal status between them. Personally I don't believe marriage should be a legal issue, The legal agreement should be a civil union. Marriage has a specific meaning and purpose.
I can’t agree with this more. The government should’ve never called their partnership marriage in the first place. Would’ve saved a whole team of hassle had every marriage been a civil union from the start.

• Wow
"Marriage" in the US by definition IS a civil union, which is why I never understood why gay couples rejected the term.

ADVERTISEMENT